Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 08:11 PM

530 posts, read 649,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Sorry but wars are not self defence...wars are acts of aggression carried out by our men and women of the armed forces, Out leaders choose their battles...and they choose to retaliate. Defense would be to close the boarders and not allow any non americans in no matter what. That would be defense.

Also, Planned abortion can be seen as defense as well, think about it why did they get an abortion...to put off childbirth...that is defending the current lifestyle you have. An abortion because you cant afford it...well that is defending your finances until you can afford a child. Abotion due to rape...that one explains itself...if I have to explain it..then you must condone the acts of rape and molestation.
You just get smarter and amarter everyday. I'm so glad some people get it!

Old 07-01-2009, 12:01 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,029,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
I respect your opinion. How many women in your scenario, in terms of %, are out there?
Not a clue, nor a care as to the percentage.
That question does bring another to mind, however. Even if that % was small, would you force that possibly small percentage to bear children simply for majority rules?
Im just sure Im not alone, just as I am sure that if you dont want children, you shouldnt have them. Just as I am sure that if you are aware that you wouldnt be a fit parent, you should take all neccessary precautions, and if those fail, there should be a last option that doesnt involve being an unwilling and possibly quite hostile incubator for 9 months.

A second question, Sir. Is it generally true that if someone is in your house, its your house, and therefore your rules?

If so, its a woman's body ( which in my opinion is much more intimate and personal than a house.)so therefore it seems that it should be her rules and her wishes that count.
Its a damn shame when house rules get more respect than a woman's rules over her own body.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:57 AM

530 posts, read 649,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
That question does bring another to mind, however. Even if that % was small, would you force that possibly small percentage to bear children simply for majority rules?
Im just sure Im not alone, just as I am sure that if you dont want children, you shouldnt have them. Just as I am sure that if you are aware that you wouldnt be a fit parent, you should take all neccessary precautions, and if those fail, there should be a last option that doesnt involve being an unwilling and possibly quite hostile incubator for 9 months.

A second question, Sir. Is it generally true that if someone is in your house, its your house, and therefore your rules?

If so, its a woman's body ( which in my opinion is much more intimate and personal than a house.)so therefore it seems that it should be her rules and her wishes that count.
Its a damn shame when house rules get more respect than a woman's rules over her own body.
Lol!!! Truer words have never been spoken...and for the record Mr. Floyd is on our side, I think he's just poking at you to have you prove a point. He's kinda like that, but you'll grow to love him anyway...!

Old 07-01-2009, 08:20 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
2) The laws for murder has reduced murder. You certainly can not endorse saying murder should be legal.
Therefore my conclusion is if you make abortion illegal you will reduce abortion.
Murder legal? Are you out of your mind? Did anyone on this thread advocate that (other than including your interpetation of abortion as murder)?

You may get some reduction by making abortion illegal. That's true. But until abortion is widely believed to be murder, the reduction will be less than with actual homicide. Currently, people would seek it illegally. The mindset of murderers (not abortion related) is not the same. If homicide was made legal, spouses would be offing each other on a much greater scale than they are now.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:

Though sarcasm does occasionally seep through in my posts, I am not poking fun at you. I only asked my question in the context of legality and society in general which is something this thread has explored. With all due respect to your scenario, if you were the only one or even one of a relative few, you would be the exception to the rule so-to-speak, and little would likely be done on your behalf. This indeed may be what you have actually experienced. And to answer your question...I, Mr. Floyd, would not force you to do anything, especially with such huge ramifications. The fact that you might not get any legal support does not invalidate your reality in any way, shape or form. If you read some of my prior posts, you'd know that I am leery of the ever increasing involvement of the government in personal matters such as this.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:29 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,219,612 times
Quote:
Murder legal? Are you out of your mind? Did anyone on this thread advocate that (other than including your interpetation of abortion as murder)?

You may get some reduction by making abortion illegal. That's true. But until abortion is widely believed to be murder, the reduction will be less than with actual homicide. Currently, people would seek it illegally. The mindset of murderers (not abortion related) is not the same. If homicide was made legal, spouses would be offing each other on a much greater scale than they are now.
You ar emissing the point. An opion was made that if you make abortion illegal it would not slow down the amount of abortions.
So my point is did making murder illegal skow down the murder rate?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
Lol!!! Truer words have never been spoken...and for the record Mr. Floyd is on our side, I think he's just poking at you to have you prove a point. He's kinda like that, but you'll grow to love him anyway...!
I feel like a fungus that at first repells but is found to be beneficial. I guess being an acquired taste is better than having no taste at all.

Last edited by Mr Floyd; 07-01-2009 at 08:59 AM..

Old 07-01-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You ar emissing the point. An opion was made that if you make abortion illegal it would not slow down the amount of abortions.
So my point is did making murder illegal skow down the murder rate?
Yes making murder illegal did slow down the murder rate. Probably drastically. You may be missing my point. I don't believe the same can be said of abortion. There may be some reduction but not as much as with murder. That is until more people see it as murder. Or to put it more simply...as something wrong.

Last edited by Mr Floyd; 07-01-2009 at 08:58 AM..

Old 07-01-2009, 12:46 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,219,612 times
Quote:
Yes making murder illegal did slow down the murder rate. Probably drastically. You may be missing my point. I don't believe the same can be said of abortion. There may be some reduction but not as much as with murder. That is until more people see it as murder. Or to put it more simply...as something wrong.
Its all hypothetical anyway.

We can agree we both would like to reduce the amounts of abortion by better sex ed, free birth control , Male birth control and education, I also have no problem with the morning after pill.

We will not agree on overturning roe versus wade and returning the legal matter to states.
Nor do we agree on the financial versus killing debate.
Nor will agree on adoption versus abortion .
will would disagree on making abortion illegal would slow the rate down drastically

You have bee thought provoking in the conversation

Old 07-01-2009, 02:31 PM

341 posts, read 452,258 times
Quote:
Just as you said earlier. Abstain, probably.

However, since none of us are perfect as He is/was, that's hardly a realistic option, now is it?

Ive said this in other threads, I'll say it here again.

Women like me who take every necessary precaution and still wind up pregnant should have the option as to whether or not they carry that kid.

Me, it would be out of me as soon as it was discovered, by fair means or foul. I can't stand children, and refuse to carry a parasite, just as I refuse to go through all the pain said parasite would cause my body just to pop it out and give it away. People like me have no business having kids, yet doctors wont touch me to fix that ability because of my age.
Keep abortions legal so people like me wont have children.
While I don't think babies are parasites ( I am a pro-choice Christian btw ), I do respect your opinion fully. You have the right to decide that for yourself and I admire your blunt honesty SO much. AMEN!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies