Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:38 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,725,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
I was giving an example..I think that a fetus becomes a human at a certain stage after conception.
My great Aunt, a staunch Italian Catholic, once told me that "test tube babies have no soul." It takes all kinds, doesn't it?

Old 06-24-2009, 12:51 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,355,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
My great Aunt, a staunch Italian Catholic, once told me that "test tube babies have no soul." It takes all kinds, doesn't it?
Well I am convinced that most people have no soul...lol

Old 06-24-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Well I am convinced that most people have no soul...lol
Nice!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:52 PM

530 posts, read 650,900 times
Quote:
And one day they all woke up. Many got their wish and were free of the "burdens" and responsibilities of freedom itself. Freedom of choice became freedom from choice. Somewhere in the darkness a seemingly deranged one was muttering "be careful what you wish for" over and over and no truer words were spoken. The utopia had arrived.

The masses were now controlled in all aspects of their lives. Books were burned and one universal language, void of anything possibly offensive, was officially recognized. Everyone watched the same television programs, ate the same food and worshipped the same higher power. Babies came from government sanctioned factories at certain intervals when the Population Department deemed it necessary. All seemed well on the surface. And it was...as long as everyone stayed on the government built path. Those who strayed from it, remnants of the free thinking era, disappeared, never to be seen again.

And somewhere, in his grave, Ray Bradbury could be found saying, "I told you so!"
Did I say I love you today! That's what we understand, that they don't! Give the government an inch they'll take a country!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:55 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,355,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
Did I say I love you today! That's what we understand, that they don't! Give the government an inch they'll take a country!
exactly...after all isnt this everyone's country, those that are here legally and not the governments and not just those that think everything is wrong unless it is what they do?

Old 06-25-2009, 03:17 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,235,232 times
Quote:
exactly...after all isnt this everyone's country, those that are here legally and not the governments and not just those that think everything is wrong unless it is what they do?
The government has taken GM and the banks. And they did so after allowing murder of the unborn. So we have already given up liberties to the government. The biggest of which is life itself

Old 06-25-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post

Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The government has taken GM and the banks. And they did so after allowing murder of the unborn. So we have already given up liberties to the government. The biggest of which is life itself
In my opinion, the government needs to stay out of it all together. That is until the slimy lawyers and politicians get together and define abortion as murder. But outlawing abortion before that, is merely a religious or political move. For the most part, we as a society, have concensus on homicide. As a result, it can be clearly dealt with in a court of law. This is clearly not the case for abortion. At the same time, that is not something I endorse.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,235,232 times
Quote:
In my opinion, the government needs to stay out of it all together. That is until the slimy lawyers and politicians get together and define abortion as murder. But outlawing abortion before that, is merely a religious or political move. For the most part, we as a society, have concensus on homicide. As a result, it can be clearly dealt with in a court of law. This is clearly not the case for abortion. At the same time, that is not something I endorse.
For those of you who say the government needs to stay out of this, do not seem to understand the government is already in it. Roe versus wade makes the government in it. When we reverse roe versus wade and turn it to the states then we all Can say the government is not in it. As it is right now the government is in it

Old 06-25-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
For those of you who say the government needs to stay out of this, do not seem to understand the government is already in it. Roe versus wade makes the government in it. When we reverse roe versus wade and turn it to the states then we all Can say the government is not in it. As it is right now the government is in it
I do understand your point. And I agree that the involvement is there. Regardless, I still feel the government needs to stay out of issues of such a personal nature. And in defense of women, the government involvement, at present, is allowing some choice. I'm sure to them, this is better than allowing States to have the option of not allowing the choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.