Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 08:34 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post
I thought they were going to be offered the lady penguins but some group stopped that from happening. Maybe I'm wrong though??? I don't really feel like reading it again.
My understanding is that they were offered to mate (and several females were provided). They had no interest and the debate was whether to insist or just give up and make another case for homosexuality in animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 08:34 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
The current issue of Scientific American Mind compiles interesting studies on this topic. Their conclusion is that homosexuality is completely natural in animal populations.

That should mean the case is closed, but we've seen what science's overwhelming evidence for evolution has done for closing cases.

Oh well. At least the evidence is on the side of the righteous fighting for freedom, liberty, and equality.
Thanks for the heads-up. It looks interesting. I think I'll buy the online edition.
Scientific American: Special Editions

Old 06-06-2009, 08:42 PM

184 posts, read 132,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
They do. Among you and I and many other talkative and prone-to-jump-to-conclusions-and-make-jokes monkeys.
there is one thing that separates animals and humans and that is brain they don't have it i do.if you think you are a animal ok with me but don't tell me what i am

Old 06-06-2009, 09:16 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I haven't seen any examples of lesbian animals - are there any?
Yup. They have evidence of female animals in intimate relationships.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:17 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghhgg View Post
there is one thing that separates animals and humans and that is brain they don't have it i do.if you think you are a animal ok with me but don't tell me what i am
Humans are mammals. All mammals have a brain. Or so I thought...

Old 06-06-2009, 09:44 PM

339 posts, read 707,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
My understanding is that they were offered to mate (and several females were provided). They had no interest and the debate was whether to insist or just give up and make another case for homosexuality in animals.
From the article: "The zoo flew in four females in a bid to get the endangered birds to reproduce - but quickly abandoned the scheme after causing outrage among gay rights activists, who accused it of interfering in the animals' behaviour."

I also thought that male Penguins took the role of taking care of the baby penguins in the wild too???? I'm no penguin expert, but I watched "Happy Feet". I believe this is common?????

I also wonder if anyone considers prisoners who have sex with people of the same sex while in prison but not on the outside (when the opposite sex option is there) to be homosexual. This may sound really stupid, but...it's kind of the same. I believe someone already brought this up. If the penguins don't have both options to choose from, it's kind of hard to say they are just gay (IMO). Maybe they are though???? If so, they should have the same rights as the heterosexual penguins!!!!!

Last edited by JDTD; 06-06-2009 at 09:53 PM..

Old 06-06-2009, 10:10 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Humans are mammals. All mammals have a brain. Or so I thought...
Do some more reading here and then get back to us.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:18 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post
From the article: "The zoo flew in four females in a bid to get the endangered birds to reproduce - but quickly abandoned the scheme after causing outrage among gay rights activists, who accused it of interfering in the animals' behaviour."

I also thought that male Penguins took the role of taking care of the baby penguins in the wild too???? I'm no penguin expert, but I watched "Happy Feet". I believe this is common?????

I also wonder if anyone considers prisoners who have sex with people of the same sex while in prison but not on the outside (when the opposite sex option is there) to be homosexual. This may sound really stupid, but...it's kind of the same. I believe someone already brought this up. If the penguins don't have both options to choose from, it's kind of hard to say they are just gay (IMO). Maybe they are though???? If so, they should have the same rights as the heterosexual penguins!!!!!
There's are more detailed articles about it like this one, which says the penguins weren't interested in the females brought in for them:

Another Gay Penguin Couple Adopt, Hatch Egg :: EDGE Boston

Last edited by Ceist; 06-06-2009 at 10:27 PM..

Old 06-06-2009, 10:47 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
For those who continue to think that Homosexuality is "unnatural":

BBC NEWS | Europe | 'Gay penguins' rear adopted chick

This is the cutest story I have read in a very long time.
Animals eat their own and others feces also, what is your point? Why homosexuals believe that comparing themselves to animals helps their case is beyond me!

Old 06-06-2009, 10:54 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Animals eat their own and others feces also, what is your point? Why homosexuals believe that comparing themselves to animals helps their case is beyond me!
well animals engage in heterosexual sex - r u discusted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies