Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 05:48 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,476,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Are you serious? Wow. I like hearing a debate, but I don't think I could do that to myself. You must be a masochist.
I agree, why would I listen to such stupidity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 05:49 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I agree, why would I listen to such stupidity?
Cause it makes you feel smart!

Old 06-10-2009, 05:50 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,476,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Cause it makes you feel smart!
Isn't that what Walmart is for?

Old 06-10-2009, 05:50 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,769,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
When are we going to do something about all the Nazis and racist that have taken over the AM band of the radio? It is no wonder we are seeing racist attacks and abortion doctors being murdered when you have people on the radio like Hannity, Limbaugh, Savage, Gallager and the like on there all the time spewing hate at certain segments of the country and the President. It is time to start bringing back some balance on the radio by reimposing the Fairness Doctrine.
Just today some racist attacked the Halocaust Museum because he doesn't like the Jews. Immigrants have been attacked, blacks have been attacked, abortion docs killed in church and at home and there is little doubt in my mind that much of this is encouraged by talk radio and its venomous right wing extreme host.
What in God's Name is this "we" crap, KevK? You really should rephrase everything you write in the collective to the singular, i.e., just you, unless of course, you are addressing all the libs herein, and then you should address your posts as such, so as to not "confuse" someone outside your box as to your intention. Can you do that, please? Thanks.

Methinks you are using your soapbox for things/events/everyday occurrences you have no control over. If you have proof that the notorious right-wingnuts of radio have or had undue influence over these "Nazis" and "racists" before the crimes were committed, well, then, sir, you should contact your nearest government Nazis to proclaim the derelicts, don't you think?

However, if you have no proof but do have a bias, that's a whole nuther bailiwick. Ever heard of free speech, KevK? Or does the free speech angle only work on your side, the rest of us be damned? Can't have it both ways. Bud.

This "Fairness Doctrine" confuses me, KevK. Just because you don't want to listen to the likes of Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, et al, doesn't really bother me. I don't want to listen to the same crap coming from Air America, Rusty Roads (sp?), Al Franken (who, by the way, is nothing more than a has-been, a comedian with no audience), Michael Morris (where is the fat man, by the way?), and guess what, I don't! But I have, out of simple curiosity.

So this "Fairness Doctrine" sez, as I understand it, that if a radio station or a television station gives time allotted to one side, it's supposed to give the same time to the opposition. Am I correct? Goes both ways, you know? Bud? Will that left-wingnut broadcast give allotted time to the right-wingnut? And vice-versa? Does this really happen, KevK? Bud?

I really believe, really that you, KevK, are in the wrong area of the country, i.e., Georgia. Seems to me you should move your carcass somewhere else, somewhere that liberals are front and center in daily goings-on. Hell, if I had your attitude where I live, I could be/would be shunned, denigrated ad infinitum. I'd move, too. But I don't have your attitude. Bud.

My attitude is very simple: If I don't want to listen to something, I change the channel, I change the station, or I simply turn the program off. How simple can that be? Bud?

Old 06-10-2009, 05:51 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,096 times
Quote:
Isn't that what Walmart is for?
Do they sell walls there?

Old 06-10-2009, 05:53 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,852,151 times
Quote:
I for one suggest stapling tea bags to our heads in protest! Maybe an herbal tea of some sort...
If we organized it I bet it would be more succesful than their tea protest.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:06 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,991,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
When are we going to do something about all the Nazis and racist that have taken over the AM band of the radio? It is no wonder we are seeing racist attacks and abortion doctors being murdered when you have people on the radio like Hannity, Limbaugh, Savage, Gallager and the like on there all the time spewing hate at certain segments of the country and the President. It is time to start bringing back some balance on the radio by reimposing the Fairness Doctrine.
Just today some racist attacked the Halocaust Museum because he doesn't like the Jews. Immigrants have been attacked, blacks have been attacked, abortion docs killed in church and at home and there is little doubt in my mind that much of this is encouraged by talk radio and its venomous right wing extreme host.
Change......the......station.
Fixed now. All better?

Old 06-10-2009, 06:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,693,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Al Franken (who, by the way, is nothing more than a has-been, a comedian with no audience)
Who cares? He has a new career as a U.S. Senator now.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:29 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,037,486 times
Quote:
I for one suggest stapling tea bags to our heads in protest! Maybe an herbal tea of some sort...
you sir are an idiot. what does stapling teabags to ones head have to do with radio programing? i like am radio.its better than the obama owned media news. hell they know if they say anything bad about him they wont get thier bailouts. AM news programs are growing while big media and news papers are loosing subscribers and going broke.maybe they should staple HELP on thier heads

Old 06-10-2009, 06:30 PM

195 posts, read 127,873 times
The right wing is truly a nest of nuts, bunch of freaks. Of course I am talking of the fringe. There are level headed republicans I personally know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies