Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:11 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,858,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
See post above.......

So many misogynists...so little thought.
She has never spent one day on the battlefield to understand what it takes to defend liberty. Her stance on late term abortion probably helped kill more innocent lives then any patriot in the U.S. Military while in defense of liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 02:12 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,632,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I just watched the video of this. what a witch. she should be tarred and feathered for being such a coward.
Whatever, I listened to the audio. She called him General. She has apologetic and asked him to do her a favor and use her title. She said it was her "thing". He said ok and said Senator, she said thank you, they moved on.

Big deal

Old 06-19-2009, 02:25 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Yeah, that's why there are more than 8 times as many Generals and Admirals than Senators.

Sorry, but it takes a lot of achievements to ever even be considered for Senate.

Boxer was a congressperson and a President of The County Board of Supervisors. And she has been able to withstand two elections after her initial election to the Senate. To say that a General is somehow more important and more accomplished than a Senator shows how narrow-minded you are.

BTW, I was an Officer in the Navy, all it took to be an officer was a college education and the Military BEGGED me to stay when I said I was leaving, they even offered me about 75k to stay. Yeah, it's so tough to excel in the military.
OH yes she has done a great job in California....anyone want to move there?

Old 06-19-2009, 02:40 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
WTF??? Barbara Boxer and I are of the same social status???? I never said that boxer deserves some exception. I said that I would vote for her in spite of what she said. I don't get hung up on stupid crap and I don't vote against my own interest. I will agree with you on one thing. At this moment I do feel for superior to you. Sometimes it is better to quit while you are behind. You argument is not logical. Now I have to go tend to my kingdom. You peasants have been bothering me today. I have doth decreed that henceforth that I shall not be bothered today by the court jesture.
You are confusing the point. It is because you align with her in position to which you offer an excuse for her behavior. You could be any side of the political spectrum, it matters not. It is the issue to which establishes the social position. Since she represents a position you hold to, she is above that of responsibility to her behavior in your view. If she were opposite to your social position, as you clearly identified, you would not offer the leniency that you do. This is evident by your statement:

Quote:
Well she did one thing right. I can forgive her for rudeness if she makes good decisions. The one below is a very good decision.
That is, she makes decisions that coincide with your self interest. Her behavior is excused even though you acknowledge it is poor behavior, yet because it aligns with your view, it is tolerated (ie accepted).

Specifically as it concerns the topic of elitist, your social alignment with her on those positions is believed to be above that of the behavior she elicited and so you excuse her out of a manner of your position, your own self interest.

An elitist believes themselves to be above things because of their status, their position, their value. They place standards of acceptable nature based on their view and those standards vary when views conflict. You would have a different acceptance of behavior if it were from someone that was not within your social position, your accepted realm. A single person can be an elitist of their own perceived position. Your example is that of one who places standards of acceptance and excuses or condemns based on how one falls into alignment with your social position.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:07 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,503,633 times
Ma'am is a form of respect, just like Sir.

He should have just called her Bi*ch,it would have been far more accurate. Sometimes these "powerful" women take their feminist cr*p a little too far. And this is coming from a powerful woman.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:51 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,172,928 times
LOL.

Really most of us in the South and Texas have been trained to say Ma'am and Sir.

Would a cop give you a ticket if you said "Sir" instead of "Officer"?

Old 06-19-2009, 04:10 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,323,982 times
Good for her. She is a Senator and he is a General. Would he be ok with her calling him 'Mr.'?

Old 06-19-2009, 04:14 PM

958 posts, read 2,133,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Whatever, I listened to the audio. She called him General. She has apologetic and asked him to do her a favor and use her title. She said it was her "thing". He said ok and said Senator, she said thank you, they moved on.

Big deal

It IS a big deal. If that was her thing she should send out a memo stating she wants to called senator not mame or anything else.

In the military a female superior can either be addressed as mame or their rank. The General did nothing wrong. Babs did when she corrected him in public. She is a typical elitist military despising lib and she showed it.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:16 PM

958 posts, read 2,133,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Good for her. She is a Senator and he is a General. Would he be ok with her calling him 'Mr.'?
No but sir would be fine. He earned it. This cow was elected. Big difference.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
I find it astounding that this topic deserves this much attention in light of everything else that is going on in the country and the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies