Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:56 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You have no future if you ive in the past. The NOI IS a racist group intent on keeping the minds of blacks on the past.
I'm in no way a racist!

I respect all backgrounds! I'm explaining why a group rose up against the racist establishment in America that still exist!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 11:56 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,846,286 times
Quote:
You have no future if you ive in the past. The NOI IS a racist group intent on keeping the minds of blacks on the past.

nah. they're a quaint little group of idiots that no one takes seriously. they prance around in little military outfits their mama sewed for them. most of them can't read, and left school after kindergarden. the average IQ of a NOI member is on par with someone with down's syndrome. this is why they are laughed at. this is why they are a non factor.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,929 times
Default All racist also!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
nah. they're a quaint little group of idiots that no one takes seriously. they prance around in little military outfits their mama sewed for them. most of them can't read, and left school after kindergarden. the average IQ of a NOI member is on par with someone with down's syndrome. this is why they are laughed at. this is why they are a non factor.

All RACIST are idiots!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:

I do not follow the believes of th NOI, however if you've listened to any of their speeches or readings, you would know that your statement is false. Their views is to Up-lift the black community. Now you do have those like Farrakahn that take his speeches too far, more like inflame. This is one of the reasons they DON"T receive the full support of the Black community.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:

Final, you would be amazed, although many were formerly in prison. More often for non-violent crimes, but there are Many that are very educated.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:01 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
All RACIST are idiots!

I agree. anyone who believes that their race is better than another race is an idiot. although, most asians are better than me at math.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Judging for the initial responses, its pretty evident that most are pretty ignorant of the complex history of the NOI. Certainly the basic precepts of the Nation are based upon a ridiculous formulation that has little to do with Islam proper and more to do with the wild rantings of a long dead lunatic who had more in common with Brigham Young than one might initially think.

To go into the history and make up of the NOI would take considerable time and effort, it is a story that complex and contradictory. Is it racist, or a product of racism... I tend to believe that later to be the case, which by the way is no excuse for the racial invective which underlies its teachings as even Malcolm X came to recognize before his untimely assassination (is there such a thing as a timely assassination?).

Old 06-23-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Final, you would be amazed, although many were formerly in prison. More often for non-violent crimes, but there are Many that are very educated.
I am sure that there are many "educated" klan members too. the simple fact IMO is this. if you walk around in a uniform part of an army that doesn't exist, you are an idiot. if you walk around in sheets and dunce caps burning lower case t's on people's lawns, you are an idiot. which brings me to PETA. if you walk around in the summer sun wrapped in cellophane like you are packaged meat, you are an idiot. that's my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I am sure that there are many "educated" klan members too. the simple fact IMO is this. if you walk around in a uniform part of an army that doesn't exist, you are an idiot. if you walk around in sheets and dunce caps burning lower case t's on people's lawns, you are an idiot. which brings me to PETA. if you walk around in the summer sun wrapped in cellophane like you are packaged meat, you are an idiot. that's my opinion and I am sticking to it.

I was responding to your broad generalization of the educational level of these people. I believe your responding to something totally different. I did not give my opinion on whether or not they are or are not racists, bias or idiots.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:12 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,605,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post

As former N.Y. law enforcement..I can tell you 100% that this group is racist and murdering. (just look what happened to Malcolm X)
They do NOTHING to help the black community,nothing! They rule there areas with a iron fist and most blacks do NOT like or agree with them.
Everything they do is to meet there OWN ends and NOT the communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies