Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 09:11 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,792,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
why do YOU think he was in Argentina?
The prostitutes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 09:19 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,572 times
Default Sounds very familiar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Hahahaha. I had a feeling that spokesman might not have been telling the truth.
Hopefully he cleared his mind and he is back to normal now.

Sometimes leaving your duties without telling anyone and visiting a Exotic Holiday without your family on Father's day could be beneficial!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:26 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
The Gov. was ambushed by a reporter from the Columbia newspaper who got a tip that he was flying into Atlanta, instead Columbia and was waiting when he deplaned. That's damn good reporting as he was obviously trying to sneak back into the state!

In any case, the Gov. says he told his staff he was going up on the Appalachian Trail and his car was found at the Columbia airport with hiking gear in it.

I'm betting he told his wife the same thing and the next revelation is that he's been down cruising the coast of South America with some bimbo.

Anybody wanna take that bet?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Hopefully he cleared his mind and he is back to normal now.

Sometimes leaving your duties without telling anyone and visiting a Exotic Holiday without your family on Father's day could be beneficial!
Being from Georgia, I'd agree that it's beneficial to the entire state when crackpot governors disappear for a while.

Sonny Perdue at his "pray for rain" vigil:

Old 06-24-2009, 09:32 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,792,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truehorn View Post
What is the governor hiding?
I don't think he was hiding anything.
I think he just needed to get away. The Surpreme Court in S.C. had recently said that he HAD to accept the stimulus money and I guess that was a huge hurt to his pride.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Calm down everyone. He was with Rush Limbaugh. No worries!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:53 AM

551 posts, read 856,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I'm betting he told his wife the same thing and the next revelation is that he's been down cruising the coast of South America with some bimbo.

Anybody wanna take that bet?

I'll take that bet stillkit....how much you wanna lose?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:56 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post
I'll take that bet stillkit....how much you wanna lose?

He left his wife and kids alone on Fathers Day...so something is going on with his relationship. He could be having an affair or even secretly gay, like so many other Republicans.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:00 AM

195 posts, read 127,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Unless it was on taxpayers' dime, I don't see that he has a requirement to tell anyone where he is/went? Of course out of courtesy it would be nice to let the family know, but again, I fail to see the need for all the hoopla? I have a feeling his staff and family knew. Some enterprising young journalist waiting to break their "first big story" got wrapped up in a bunch of nothing, I suspect.
Sanford disappears for a week? And were did his responsibility go? It disappear too?

Old 06-24-2009, 10:05 AM

195 posts, read 127,767 times
DeMint refuses to vouch for Sanford’s character: ‘Who knows?’ This afternoon, Fox News’ Glenn Beck suggested that Gov. Mark Sanford’s (R-SC) apparent disappearance is simply a media ploy to “discredit” the governor, and that his wife and others knew his whereabouts. (They did not.) When Beck asked Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) whether he could “vouch for [Sanford's] character,” DeMint refused:http://thinkprogress.org/2009/06/23/demint-sanford-character/Bizarre (broken link).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies