Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,791,063 times

Advertisements

Source: Sanfords Having Marital Problems :: FITSNews (http://www.fitsnews.com/2009/06/24/source-sanfords-having-marital-problems/ - broken link)

Source: "There Is Some Evidence [Sanford] Was Not Alone" | TPMMuckraker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 12:27 PM

297 posts, read 349,201 times
Gov. Sanford: "The truth is going to hurt..." This is going to be interesting. If he fled the country to rendezvous with his mistress without informing the rest of his governement, he Should be impeached and removed from his office.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:30 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
Gov. Sanford: "The truth is going to hurt..." This is going to be interesting. If he fled the country to rendezvous with his mistress without informing the rest of his governement, he Should be impeached and removed from his office.
why? clinton wasn't.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:31 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
come on liberals, say it with me.

"when sanford lied, nobody died."
"when sanford lied, nobody died."

learn it, remember it, live it.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:33 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,012,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post
Gov. Mark Sanford arrived in the Hartsville-Jackson International Airport this morning, having wrapped up a seven-day visit to Buenos Aires, Argentina, he said. Sanford said he had not been hiking along the Appalachian Trail, as his staff said in a Tuesday statement to the media.

Sanford met in Atlanta after returning from South America - Local / Metro - The State

Thought I give the lib's something to laugh about.

Aw c'mon, he was just visiting his OTHER family in Buenos Aires for Father's Day!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:34 PM

551 posts, read 856,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
David, I don't know ANY self-respecting father who'd leave his family in the dark for SIX DAYS, to include the Father's Day weekend. What on earth is up with this guy. What in the world was he doing in Argentina? Why did it have to be secret?
Well Mike you were right.... He's a terrible father...cheating on his wife....I had hoped that he had not.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:35 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,791,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post

He could have at least went a few states over or something...or heck, to Mexico but he had to do it big and go to Argentina. If only they had a smiley with a waggling finger.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:40 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,855 times
For Pete's sake, the man took a vacation!
If I were in such a high office, with people following me and calling me all the time, I'd disappear too, especially when the highest court in the state just ordered him to do something he's adamantly against.

There comes a point with some people where you think to everyone (family included) "Go the hell away!" and have to get away for yourself. Does the man have to take his family with him everywhere? I'd hope not!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:55 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
For Pete's sake, the man took a vacation!
If I were in such a high office, with people following me and calling me all the time, I'd disappear too, especially when the highest court in the state just ordered him to do something he's adamantly against.
With the new information out, now what do you say?

Old 06-24-2009, 01:07 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
With the new information out, now what do you say?
Oh he still had a vacation - it was just with someone other than his wife.

In truth, that's really no one's business but his and his wife's (and their kids of course) - but to leave your office for that long not expecting to be caught - well, that was pretty darned stupid and doesn't say a whole for his judgement.

In any event he's toast.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies