Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 08:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,375,735 times

Advertisements

Ok Palin haters here is some more of the real truth about her and what she now has the power to do, if she so chooses. I don't know what she will do but here are some suggestions of what it could be, in the end. Actually, right now she has more power than any of the real Republican "power" men.

And what of that national role? There is a deep fracture in the Republican Party; this is a situation that anyone can see. Palin didn't cause it, but she has come to symbolize it...because she is loved by the grassroots of the party, and that same grassroots has come to despise the party leadership. While professional GOP politicians in Washington engage in games of incumbency, triangulation, and vote-buying, conservatives across the country have never given up searching for another Reagan - a conservative politician who can imbue optimism, carry forward a message of pride in our country, strong national defense, and fiscal conservatism - thus reuniting the traditional factions of the party. Many already believe that Palin is that person, and will accept no substitute.

Sarah Palin already has the power to destroy the GOP, simply by taking her constituency off the field with her. That's why I've always viewed the attacks on her by other GOP politicos to be colossally stupid - especially given the fact that she strictly obeys Reagan's Eleventh Commandment and never herself criticizes another national Republican figure. But her power base also gives her the ability to remake the party, and apparently this is the role she has chosen. By using the financial resources, volunteers, and bully pulpit that she can command, she can shape the candidates and the message for the conservative movement. And this is a role in which national Democrats should fear her, not some purely speculative 2012 or 2016 presidential run.

It's going to be fascinating watching her on the battlefield, free of the constraints of both Alaskan state politics and the incompetent McCain campaign. I can't wait.

Palin is now free to exercise her real power (http://www.alaskadispatch.com/palin-watch/1282-palin-is-free-to-exercise-her-real-power - broken link)

Old 07-10-2009, 08:36 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,370,334 times
I wonder, if she runs for president, will she pick her husband for VP, and if elected, will she appoint family members to cabinet positions.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:36 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,702,448 times
she has a star complex. certainly not at hillary's performance level at all.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:39 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,305,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Ok Palin haters here is some more of the real truth about her and what she now has the power to do, if she so chooses. I don't know what she will do but here are some suggestions of what it could be, in the end. Actually, right now she has more power than any of the real Republican "power" men.

And what of that national role? There is a deep fracture in the Republican Party; this is a situation that anyone can see. Palin didn't cause it, but she has come to symbolize it...because she is loved by the grassroots of the party, and that same grassroots has come to despise the party leadership. While professional GOP politicians in Washington engage in games of incumbency, triangulation, and vote-buying, conservatives across the country have never given up searching for another Reagan - a conservative politician who can imbue optimism, carry forward a message of pride in our country, strong national defense, and fiscal conservatism - thus reuniting the traditional factions of the party. Many already believe that Palin is that person, and will accept no substitute.

Sarah Palin already has the power to destroy the GOP, simply by taking her constituency off the field with her. That's why I've always viewed the attacks on her by other GOP politicos to be colossally stupid - especially given the fact that she strictly obeys Reagan's Eleventh Commandment and never herself criticizes another national Republican figure. But her power base also gives her the ability to remake the party, and apparently this is the role she has chosen. By using the financial resources, volunteers, and bully pulpit that she can command, she can shape the candidates and the message for the conservative movement. And this is a role in which national Democrats should fear her, not some purely speculative 2012 or 2016 presidential run.

It's going to be fascinating watching her on the battlefield, free of the constraints of both Alaskan state politics and the incompetent McCain campaign. I can't wait.

Palin is now free to exercise her real power (http://www.alaskadispatch.com/palin-watch/1282-palin-is-free-to-exercise-her-real-power - broken link)
If what you say is true--and I highly doubt that it is--Palin will succeed in doing two things:

1) creating a neo-con movement that becomes the laughing-stock of the country, and

2) empowering the Republican party by relieving it of its ignorant base, and leaving it to rebuild itself as the "conservative" party. At that point, many Republicans who decamped at the horror of Palin will no doubt be brought back into the fold.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,993,298 times
When has Alaska state politics ever been a constraint for the soon to be ex governor?

Old 07-10-2009, 08:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,750,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I wonder, if she runs for president, will she pick her husband for VP, and if elected, will she appoint family members to cabinet positions.
Bristol could be in charge of the Palin Administration's abstinence-only program.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:55 PM

7,791 posts, read 8,061,800 times
It amazes me how people are scared so scared of Sarah. she is a real normal person who knows what it's like to just live and raise a family. and she has many good ideas for our country and Alaska. i back her 100% all the crap her and her family took including the disgusting remarks about her Son and her Daughter just show how low the libs and the Democrate will go.rock on Sarah you have my support.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:58 PM

7,791 posts, read 8,061,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Bristol could be in charge of the Palin Administration's abstinence-only program.
you are not welcome to the real world so go get your own life

Old 07-10-2009, 09:00 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,641,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
If what you say is true--and I highly doubt that it is--Palin will succeed in doing two things:

1) creating a neo-con movement that becomes the laughing-stock of the country, and

2) empowering the Republican party by relieving it of its ignorant base, and leaving it to rebuild itself as the "conservative" party. At that point, many Republicans who decamped at the horror of Palin will no doubt be brought back into the fold.
Laughing stock! Why, of course, you are part of the decadent Laughing Party, it will only be fitting for you to laugh during your own demise.

Keep on laughing, sleeping with wax figures, or whatever the hell it is you Democrats do.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:00 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,067,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

you just can't retain from pourring gas in the fire...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies