Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 05:40 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,378,787 times

Advertisements

What I want to know is, does Palin really think dinosaurs were walking around the same time as humans? Does she literally believe the Bible or other hocus-pocus things like "intelligent design" and does she promote that being taught in our schools? Also, does she see non-Christians as humans and fellow citizens, who are worthy of the same freedoms as Christians? Will she stop using folksy phrases and adjectives (since NOBODY on the international stage will take her seriously if she doesn't)?

The most important questions are the first two, as I wanna be damn sure that my president, who has the nuclear codes, and can command armaggeddon, doesn't honestly believe in that stuff, and further, I want to be sure that the right-wingers don't throw me in jail because I ain't a Christian.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,023,312 times
Quote:
The members of the board had a vested interest in retaining their jobs, and should have recused themselves when investigating charges of wrongdoing against someone who had the power to terminate them.
Well, according to Alaskan LAW, that is not a requirement. They followed the law and correct procedure in this case, but of course, you must know more than they do.

So basically what you are saying is that the Personnel Board of any state should not investigate any claims or allegations concerning a governor or other employees dealing with the governor of a state?

Do you realize how utterly ridiculous that is?

BTW, she did not appoint the members.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:43 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,952,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Obama has quit on America in 5 months, so he beats her at doing that.

We need to talk about more important things, such as the economy the liberals and Obama have wrecked, the weakening of our defenses and illegal immigration the liberals love so much.

Liberals are scared to death of Palin for some reason or you would not be starting thread after thread about her if you were not.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.................... ..........

Not a Liberal so you are wrong on that part. Obama is lacking as is every other narcissistic politician out there. Palin is the epitome of "me, me, me".

Old 07-05-2009, 05:46 PM

52,906 posts, read 34,736,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Amusingly, Sarah's always had plenty of contradictions. I think it's funny that someone who now claims she's been so hurt by the media, was courting media attention on July 1:
'courting the attention' of runner's world magazine?
oh, the horror...

Old 07-05-2009, 05:48 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,109,753 times
AKMuckraker: Huffington Post Blogger Shannyn Moore in Palin's Cross Hairs
Using the substantial might of the Executive branch of government to bring down unenforceable legal threats on a private citizen in Alaska, and attempting to curtail free speech through intimidation on the Fourth of July? Not a particularly brilliant PR move. By specifically singling out and naming Moore, Palin has done two things; she has shown herself to be a reactionary immature politician, and she has made Shannyn Moore a lot better known.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:51 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,289,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

But, there is a sense in which you are right. Everything that happens is God's will. That is why you cannot understand what Palin meant.
I do understand that if this is the case, your prayers are either made to tell God you approve of His decisions or to petition Him to change His mind because you think He is wrong.

Which do you think she was trying to accomplish?

Old 07-05-2009, 05:55 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,289,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, according to Alaskan LAW, that is not a requirement. They followed the law and correct procedure in this case, but of course, you must know more than they do.

So basically what you are saying is that the Personnel Board of any state should not investigate any claims or allegations concerning a governor or other employees dealing with the governor of a state?

Do you realize how utterly ridiculous that is?

BTW, she did not appoint the members.
True. She only reappointed one of the members, but the board members serve at the pleasure of the governor.

You sound like you would have been OK with Blagojevich appointing a panel to investigate him when he hit his bad patch in the road. Would you? If not, why not?

Old 07-05-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And as I said before (of course, you cannot understand) she didn't say that.

But, there is a sense in which you are right. Everything that happens is God's will. That is why you cannot understand what Palin meant.

You really ought to just "give it up". You are in a no-win situation here. You do not understand, and you never will. But you are lying about Palin, and that is slander for the purpose of destroying her politically. That is a crime, actually. You ought to think twice about the kinds of rumors and stories you spread.

Funny that Obama attended one of the most radical left-wing "churches, that teaches "Black Liberation Theology"; yet not one of you has ever called him the "King of tinfoil hats".

It must mean that you approve of that kind of "Christianity", where America is made to be evil. You see nothing wrong with the hatred spewed by Rev. Wright.

But if someone dares to pray for support for our troups, and asks for God's will to direct their path, that perosn is absolutely lunatic, and can't be allowed to be in public office. In fact, they are subject to ridicule.

How strange. What a double standard. That's your Democrat Party.

Left-wing bigots, and anti-American nut jobs.

Finally, it is useful to point out that the way that tape was obtained was through a Democrat operative sneaking in with a camera, as a "spy" for the sole purpose of finding something to discredit Palin.

That is what the Democrat Party has become. The Democrats are an ugly bunch. They will stop at nothing to destroy America, and Christians especially. It is their aim to rid the country of all vestiges of religion.
I am wondering about your statement that all that happens is God's will. That was the proclaimation made by the terrorists and their supporters who attacked us on 9/11. It was God's will to punish the Great Satan. Are you in concurrence with that?

Old 07-05-2009, 06:06 PM

12,971 posts, read 13,718,310 times
If she does indeed have a book deal reportedly possible 10 mil , wouldn't she have to resign to keep the profits?

Old 07-05-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
If she does indeed have a book deal reportedly possible 10 mil , wouldn't she have to resign to keep the profits?
I have been wondering about that myself. I know she is required and will disclose payments for this year. Beyond that it is up in the air if she is required to or not from what I have read. This is all based on her having resigned. One thing is certain and that is she will make a heck of a lot more money now. She is and will certainly be a financially successful personality. How it plays out for her and most importantly the party will be interesting. She will now be without constraints and that might be good for her but she was still the Republican nominee for Vice President and they need to worry about her becoming a lose cannon ball to independent and moderate Republican voters. The most visible Republicans may now well be Rush and Sara with Mike in a distant third place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies