Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: "Pro-life" and "Pro-war" = Hypocracy?
Yes, it is hypocracy 15 60.00%
No, it's not a sin to kill people in a war 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:01 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,426,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Ohh wow! I almost sent a serious reply. So you were pro NAZI? If not you wouldn't be around today? You're pro communist? Let's hope you you weren't poor, rich or smart. You wouldn't be around today.

To the CIA comment. Did we not learn from 9/11 that when we have inadequate or faulty intelligence we get hurt. Sometimes more than we can even hurt those that did the hurting. No one free will wish for war. Wars happen for a reason and thankfully much smarter people get the real intelligence while others hop on the internet to hash out their ideology enjoying every bit of the fruits of those "warmongers" labor.
You are aware of the fact that Nazis, Soviet style communists and 9/11 all came to pass because of wars right.

Simply put without WWI there would have been no Nazis, without WWII the soviet union would not have become the major power it did and without WWI it may never have existed at all, additionally without the Cold War Al Qaeda would never have been founded. The main things wars cause is more wars as people want to get revenge.

Wars happen, but it is a myth that No one free will want wars or no one wants wars. Despots and other rulers are some of the freest people on the planet as they have rights and/or powers most of us only dream of and yet they often want wars. Most people who start wars want wars because they want something that someone else has and they see war as the most efficient way to get it.

War is not anything specially it is simply a violent way of being greedy on the part of one or more of the parties and there is no sense in arguing it has any purpose other then that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 10:52 PM

18,192 posts, read 25,443,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You are just one person. Most liberals are all for killing babies but against killing in wars or killing murderers.
In few words,
I'm a christian and I believe in the 10 commandments (Thou shalt not kill)

That's why I'm against abortion, war and death penalty.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:00 PM

18,192 posts, read 25,443,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
additionally without the Cold War Al Qaeda would never have been founded.
You are wrong on that,
without the CIA funded a guerrilla group in Afghanistan, there would be no Al Qaeda.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Al-Qaeda's origins and links

Old 07-11-2009, 06:57 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,602,794 times
Default Define Hypocracy

A serious question would define the word. Urban dictionary defines hypocracy: "What Democracy turns into when all of the politicians in your country are liars."

This seems like a troll thread to me, baiting for an argument.

I am pro-choice, and anti-war, and I don't see that as a dichotomy. I don't view the unborn and persons, and I don't believe war solves any problem other than over-population.

After we kill off our young, then we solve the problems. Why can we not just solve the problems, first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies