Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:48 PM

134 posts, read 231,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRise View Post
Black (and Latinos for that matter) are disproportionately represented in prisons. It's institutional. And crimes committed by blacks are overrepresented in the media, while crimes of whites are underrepresented. Whites are actually the #1 shoplifting offenders. Bet you didn't know that. Why? Because nobody reports it.
LMAO!!!!! I'm Latino and I can tell you your post is BS. OK...yea...numbers say there might be more whites in jail. But guess what?? There are MORE whites in this country! What you need to focus on is the percentage of whites, the percentage of black males, the percentage of Latino males that are locked up. The PERCENTAGE of Blacks is HIGH..then comes Latinos...then whites!

Now the reason why blacks and latinos end up in jail is another story and thread. We can talk about discrimination, lack of opportunity..etc.

But don't twist the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 09:52 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
To get the true statistic you have to subtract the number of Blacks and Latinos in Jail who would be there even if they were White.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:52 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
You're right. Most blacks vote Democratic across the board and I suspect most voted for Obama strictly because he was black. There were black people who voted in this election who hadn't voted in years or never did and voted for Obama simply because he was black, not for what he brought to the table. Isn't voting for someone just because of the color of his skin racist? Would they have all come out to vote if Hillary was the Democratic candidate?
2 questions,

1- How do you know most blacks voted Obama just because he was black? Isnt Obama a democrat, and blacks have voted democrat in EVERY ELECTION since FDR?

When Alan Keyes ran against Obama, what, did they vote for both? No, they voted for the democratic one. Seriously, people, come on.

2- If you are correct in your assumption that all blacks voted Obama because he was black then the logical other side of that would be to say all whites that voted McCain did so because he was white. Thats a pretty silly statement, but you would be inversely implying that.

3. How many black people do you know to make that assumption?
Also-

Why is everyone still arguing that blacks and latinos commit more crime? the FBI crime statistical data site outright proves this is a lie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post

Has anyone even bothered to fact check that idiots claims? Blacks (or blacks and hispanics, as I am sure his next claim would be) do not commit the majority of Americas crime as this idiot is implying. Whites do.

Anyone actually check the UCR crime data against his claims before bothering arguing him. He could have been shut down after his initial post

Persons Arrested - Crime in the United States 2007 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/arrests/index.html - broken link)

Table 67 - Crime in the United States 2007 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/data/table_67.html - broken link) - Table

Apparently, blacks do commit more violent crime than per capita of their population, but most violent crime, as well as most property and all other types of crime are committed by whites in America.

Likewise, most black AND white crime, property and otherwise is done to a person of the same race. The same is with whites with the exception of 1 type of crime, according to the UCR, hate crimes

Offenders- Hate Crime Statistics, 2007 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2007/offenders.htm - broken link)

Now, I imagine thats not simply racial based hate crimes, to be fair, according to the data a large chunk of it is religious based, sexual orientation based and gender based.

Other than that, there is not much to argue about.

Last edited by tindo80; 07-24-2009 at 11:01 PM..

Old 07-24-2009, 10:57 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post

Has anyone even bothered to fact check that idiots claims? Blacks (or blacks and hispanics, as I am sure his next claim would be) do not commit the majority of Americas crime as this idiot is implying. Whites do.

Anyone actually check the UCR crime data against his claims before bothering arguing him. He could have been shut down after his initial post

Persons Arrested - Crime in the United States 2007 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/arrests/index.html - broken link)

Table 67 - Crime in the United States 2007 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/data/table_67.html - broken link) - Table

Apparently, blacks do commit more violent crime than per capita of their population, but most violent crime, as well as most property and all other types of crime are committed by whites in America.

Likewise, most black AND white crime, property and otherwise is done to a person of the same race. The same is with whites with the exception of 1 type of crime, according to the UCR, hate crimes

Offenders- Hate Crime Statistics, 2007 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2007/offenders.htm - broken link)

Now, I imagine thats not simply racial based hate crimes, to be fair, according to the data a large chunk of it is religious based, sexual orientation based and gender based.

Other than that, there is not much to argue about.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:23 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
What would have to happen for you NOT to support another black that cries racism? In my experience blacks always support one another regardless of the situation or whether the person they are defending is in the wrong. Countless examples could be given but the OJ arguement has always been the best.
As an immigrant (I can see it from a different point of view) both sides do the same thing.
White people cheer for "their guy" and black people cheer for "their guy" when it comes to race issues.

So the first thing to do is to stop saying
"Why do white/black people cheer for their guy?"
and start admitting that both sides do the same thing (maybe in different ways)

Old 07-25-2009, 01:45 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Your racist ass shows in your post, basically you are saying blacks are akin to monkeys...no?

Leave me out of it.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:00 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Yeah, I ask to be called "boy" by the police. I ask to have my car searched because I look "suspicious"..The only side that needs to stop is the "side" that's being racist no matter what you look like.
I prefer to be called European-American, not because I feel any attachment to Europe or my European ancestors, but just because it is equally as irritating as having someone from Detriot insist on being referred to as African-Ameican. At the end of the day, all I want is equallity.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:38 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
You are making way too many assumptions in this post. I have only been posting here for a short time, but I am honestly astounded by the number of times that I have had to state this: blacks are not a monolithic group. I have never been in a situation where every single black person thought exactly the same thing. Even during the OJ case I knew several family members, including myself, who thought he was guilty! It's time for people to step out of their boxes, and actually meet the diverse black people who live in this country.
The 'not all blah blah's are bleep bleep' argument is not a good argument. Most statements are refereing to 'many' or 'averages'. Most of us do not mean 'all'.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. OJ did not have the support of all back people. We think he's a joke. Your experience? Your extensive experience?
I don't think he means 'all', my friend. I think he means 'a lot' or 'many'. This kind of argument contributes nothing. Many blacks do indeed support other blacks regardless of the evidence. That is his point.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
First of all your question alone is Ignorant....Maybe you need to rephrase it.
Yep. He should have said 'a lot' or 'many' and not inferred 'all'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies