Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:15 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Even though all economic indicators suggest that things beginning to improve...

the big shoe hasn't even dropped.

If you think the housing crash was bad you're in for a real treat with commercial real estate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 05:24 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluefly
Even though all economic indicators suggest that things beginning to improve, the right wing media seems to be ratcheting up the propagana and lies about Obama's policies (for example, completely misinterpreting a small section of the bill as "death care").

Followers are crashing town hall meetings and basically getting whipped into a frenzy like they were during the campaign when they were yelling things like "terrorist" and "kill him" at rallies before the McCain campaign stepped back on the rhetoric that was whipping people into such a frenzy.

One heavily armed woman scouted out a military base to plan a terrorist attack against it because Glenn Beck convinced her it was a FEMA camp.

I realize Clinton faced the same irrational fear before going down as one of the most successful presidents, but I'm increasingly concerned Obama won't survive long enough to reach that point.
I don't have time to write a lot here, but: Yes, I'm often worried about Obama's safety. A few nights ago, I actually prayed that he wouldn't be shot or attacked by some crazy right wing nut.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:31 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,741 times
Quote:
Followers are crashing town hall meetings and basically getting whipped into a frenzy like they were during the campaign when they were yelling things like "terrorist" and "kill him" at rallies before the McCain campaign stepped back on the rhetoric that was whipping people into such a frenzy.

One heavily armed woman scouted out a military base to plan a terrorist attack against it because Glenn Beck convinced her it was a FEMA camp.

Oh stop with this nonsense! I am sending this to Glenn Beck, I hope you hear from his attorney for spreading these lies. All you liberals do nothing but come up with lies to try to make anyone who cares about their country sound like a nut.

The only time I have seen violence at a rally was liberals are turning over dumpsters or burning cars.

AND your comment about the "kill him" at the McCain rally is a blatant lie. That was in Ohio and after Obama made those claims every cop and secret service had been questioned and not one of them heard these words. It was just a LIE!

Liberals Lie, and you are proof of that!

Old 08-04-2009, 05:49 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,932,467 times
Quote:
Even though all economic indicators suggest that things beginning to improve, the right wing media seems to be ratcheting up the propagana and lies about Obama's policies (for example, completely misinterpreting a small section of the bill as "death care").

I realize Clinton faced the same irrational fear before going down as one of the most successful presidents, but I'm increasingly concerned Obama won't survive long enough to reach that point.
Ridiculous. I am no more worried about Obama's safety as I was about Bush. It is just politics as usual.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:51 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,682 times
I had a dream about this about a week ago. The image of the killer was so real though, it was an old, grey haired White hillbilly kind of guy wearing a flannel shirt with a shotgun. It reminded me so much of the movie "Easy Rider" when Dennis Hopper is killed by those rednecks when they are riding their bikes through Louisiana, pretty sad

Old 08-04-2009, 05:53 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
AND your comment about the "kill him" at the McCain rally is a blatant lie. That was in Ohio and after Obama made those claims every cop and secret service had been questioned and not one of them heard these words. It was just a LIE!
As I'm reading it now what Obama claimed also came from that rally. As the article mentions I cited the only one that apparently heard it was the reporter. Just another clear example of the leftist media bias and in this case much worse as it was apparently made up.

YouTube - The Cost of Media Bias

Old 08-04-2009, 05:58 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:

Followers are crashing town hall meetings and basically getting whipped into a frenzy like they were during the campaign .
Hmmmmm, what did to think of Code Pink?

What did you call it when people were breaking windows and running through the streets during the Republican National Convention? What did you call it when Republican speakers were at a campus and a mob shouted them down and threw pies?

Old 08-04-2009, 06:16 AM

133 posts, read 173,820 times
These same people who are contriving the story about death threats are the same people who throw pies at republicans, shout them down at universities, and still think O. J. Simpson is innocent. No one wants to see anything happen to Obama, or any one, but the left is making all this up, and I am starting to believe they would like to see something happen so they can say see I told you so. The left is so looney, they have no compassion for mankind. Methinks they doth protest too much! Thank God we can still use our voices and minds in protest. Check out Obamas friends in Venezuela and Cuba, the left wants our country to follow their example.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:20 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,228 times
Quote:
That's not an answer, LogicWings. That's a rationalization for murder in the name of what you perceive to be a greater good.

Remember - everyone - from Hitler to Ghandi - believes they are doing what is right.

Search your soul. You'll find that what Obama is doing is no different than what Democratic presidents have always done, with a significant amount of success. George Washington recognized the importance of the tension between the two sides and fostered it.

What you're witnessing is a healthy society governing itself. We're just balancing what a period of conservative rule did. No need to fear it or to be hostile. It's just the system working itself out.
all Obamba wants to do is help the illegals and 'his' ppl, the minorities. look at how he protects ACORN.
he's ruining america and he doesn't care. imo, he's got a chip on his shoulder towards whites yes and i believe he was ashamed of his mother after she got freaked out by the black man on the street.
regarding obamacare YOU CAN'T INCLUDE 50MILLION MORE PPL-MANY OF THEM ILLEGALS INTO AN ALREADY BOMBARDED HEALTH CARE SYSTEM WITHOUT MASS CHAOS AND RATIONING OF CARE. YOU JUST CAN'T DO THAT! DUH!
How much water can a gallon hold? ONE GALLON, NOT 4!!!!!

Old 08-04-2009, 06:22 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Oh stop with this nonsense! I am sending this to Glenn Beck, I hope you hear from his attorney for spreading these lies. All you liberals do nothing but come up with lies to try to make anyone who cares about their country sound like a nut.

The only time I have seen violence at a rally was liberals are turning over dumpsters or burning cars.

Liberals Lie, and you are proof of that!
DO IT. YOU SHOULD. these ppl are ridiculous. that is a serious statement by bluefly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies