Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:01 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm referring specifically to your comment about "Kill him"... the incident (at least the one aware of) was proven to have absolutely no basis other than the words of a single reporter who I will note was not the only reporter present. In addition to the media there was 4,500 people present, numerous security, Secret Service and other law enforcement agencies yet he was the only one that heard this.

It's another case of the media manufacturing news instead of reporting it, unfortunately all too common.
Well, I heard it on a video. So, I don't know what the allegations were or what the final verdict was, but I heard it with my own ears. Perhaps I heard wrong. I hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 09:45 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Well, I heard it on a video. So, I don't know what the allegations were or what the final verdict was, but I heard it with my own ears. Perhaps I heard wrong. I hope so.

There may be another incident but the one I'm referring too happened here, as far as video with a soundtrack only under those circumstances that's about as reliable as hearing your congressman say he's going to fight pork.

Soundtracks are quite easy to manipulate.Having said that this is the only video I can find of it and it's hardly convincing.

YouTube - Hate at McCain and Palin rallies. People yelling kill him!

----edit------

To get back to my point I find it humorous you're making comments about the right wing media and have used and example where the left wing media has at the very least blown something way out of proportion and in the case of the event near me never even happened. This was all over the news when it happened as correctly noted by the article I originally linked to. It made the national news I believe yet all based on the word of one person.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:09 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I had a dream about this about a week ago. The image of the killer was so real though, it was an old, grey haired White hillbilly kind of guy wearing a flannel shirt with a shotgun. It reminded me so much of the movie "Easy Rider" when Dennis Hopper is killed by those rednecks when they are riding their bikes through Louisiana, pretty sad

That's so weird. I had a dream too that obama was shot by a guy all dressed up in drag wearing fishnet stockings and pink hot pants because he didn't pass gay marriage.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:13 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
That's so weird. I had a dream too that obama was shot by a guy all dressed up in drag wearing fishnet stockings and pink hot pants because he didn't pass gay marriage.
To meld topics for a moment, I think it's funny how many people are shocked Obama's not pushing for gay marriage, even though he clearly was against it as a candidate.

Oh well.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
I pray for his safety. Just reading this forum is enough to convince me that the danger is very real.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Is anyone else concerned about Obama's safety?
I'm not. We pay a small army of people to worry about his safety. I'll let them deal with it while I worry about what matters to me.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,973 times
Nope, not concerned one bit. I have bills to pay, a house to keep, fish to catch, beer to drink, brakes to fix, family issues that need attention, a stupid cat to care for. On my list of concerns, you will find Obamas safety NOWHERE!

Old 08-04-2009, 10:22 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,613,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I pray for his safety. Just reading this forum is enough to convince me that the danger is very real.
The main purpose of the "birther" movement is to "delegitimize" him as president in order to make violent acts acceptable.

I do not approve of many of his policies but wish for him to stay alive and in office. I did not want anything to happen to Bush either despite how much I despised him.

I hope that the Secret Service and FBI are watching these boards as some people here seem like they'd snap enough to try something really stupid and horrible.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:25 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The main purpose of the "birther" movement is to "delegitimize" him as president in order to make violent acts acceptable.

I do not approve of many of his policies but wish for him to stay alive and in office. I did not want anything to happen to Bush either despite how much I despised him.

I hope that the Secret Service and FBI are watching these boards as some people here seem like they'd snap enough to try something really stupid and horrible.
I know it is probbly above your head but hussein obama's actions are what "delegitimize" him and do not reflect the actions of a man that has any concern, care or loyality to this country so people want proof he is actually a citizen.

The lefties are more likely to take drugs to get through their life so i would worry more about them being a threat. You may also want to worry about people who are concerned about hussein obama's actions. It seems his thugs from the Chicago type politics in his administration are threatening people.

27 MILLION AMERICANS ON ANTIDEPRESSANTS...
Mental illness tidal wave swamps New Orleans...

Old 08-04-2009, 10:30 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post

I agree with you completely. I lived through the Kennedy assasination and never want to see that happen again to any president in either party. I despised Ronald Reagan but on the day he was shot I went to my knees praying for his recovery. And, as a patriotic American, I resent these malcontents who wish to overturn an election with lies or bullets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies