Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:26 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I too never had a clue of all the sick racist people there were until I came here and saw every leftist had a full deck of race cards and our own president pulling the race card. It seems the Democrats are the racist after all. We should keep an eye on these loonies. H*ll even Barbara Boxer showed her obvious racism towards a black man.

Hmmmm. Is stormfront closed today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 01:27 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Concerned ...yes I'm...I don't want him to be harmed in any way...Otherwise we have to hear about Obama for the next 50 years....if he isn't harmed it will be over in 3 years or the most in 7 years...and forgotten....please will nobody be so stupid to harm him...He will make sure he will sink his own ship, just let him be on tv every day so the sooner the people will wake up!

Old 08-04-2009, 01:27 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Even though all economic indicators suggest that things beginning to improve, the right wing media seems to be ratcheting up the propagana and lies about Obama's policies (for example, completely misinterpreting a small section of the bill as "death care").

Followers are crashing town hall meetings and basically getting whipped into a frenzy like they were during the campaign when they were yelling things like "terrorist" and "kill him" at rallies before the McCain campaign stepped back on the rhetoric that was whipping people into such a frenzy.

One heavily armed woman scouted out a military base to plan a terrorist attack against it because Glenn Beck convinced her it was a FEMA camp.

I realize Clinton faced the same irrational fear before going down as one of the most successful presidents, but I'm increasingly concerned Obama won't survive long enough to reach that point.

Why? Is he in anymore danger then any other President?

Old 08-04-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
really, john hinckley was a lefty? do you have evidence to support that?

i've never heard anything about his politics. he famously shot reagan to impress jodie foster.

and let's also keep in mind that in the 7 months since obama has been president, at least 2 right-wingers (one of whom is a birther) have already gone on shooting sprees.

i can't think of any instances of leftists in the u.s. killing or hurting people for political reasons for decades, at least. can you?
Good question.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:31 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
Yeah, John Hinkley was not a "lefty", he shot him because he was crazy and wanted to impress Jodie Foster. It wasn't a politically motivated shooting.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:32 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,040 times
Quote:
What was the ligitimate attempt on Bush? I don't recall that.

I was also unaware of a direct attempt on his life on 9/11/01.

Please enlighten me (seriously - I'm curious).
In Georgia(country), someone from the crowd threw a grenade at Bush but the guy put the handkerchief too tightly around the grenade, he put it there to keep it from exploding too quickly, anyways, it never went off. If it went off though Bush would probably be dead. That guy got life in 2006.

and on 9/11, a van pulled up with middle eastern guys in it who said they had a poolside interview with bush. there was no schedule and they didnt let them in. a group successfully assassinated ahmad massour 2 days earlier with the exact same strategy, massoud was anti-taliabn fighter.

in all, there are 90 known attempts. 4 succeeded, and the other 2 attempts the president survived(reagan, former pres roosevelt)

Old 08-04-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
In Georgia(country), someone from the crowd threw a grenade at Bush but the guy put the handkerchief too tightly around the grenade, he put it there to keep it from exploding too quickly, anyways, it never went off. If it went off though Bush would probably be dead. That guy got life in 2006.

and on 9/11, a van pulled up with middle eastern guys in it who said they had a poolside interview with bush. there was no schedule and they didnt let them in. a group successfully assassinated ahmad massour 2 days earlier with the exact same strategy, massoud was anti-taliabn fighter.

in all, there are 90 known attempts. 4 succeeded, and the other 2 attempts the president survived(reagan, former pres roosevelt)
Where did you hear about the van with the middle eastern guys in it?

Old 08-04-2009, 01:36 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
A van pulled up where? Where would a "pool side" interview with Bush take place on 9/11?

Old 08-04-2009, 01:48 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,862,513 times
I don't suppose I'm anymore concerned than BO is!

Old 08-04-2009, 01:55 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:

One heavily armed woman scouted out a military base to plan a terrorist attack against it because Glenn Beck convinced her it was a FEMA camp.
This has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum. :
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies