Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:21 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,755,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Dickman View Post
The right wing is nothing but racists and jesus freaks, evangelicals who are awaiting end times. Those two groups are the biggest threat to American safety.

What an ignorant sweeping generalization. Are you serious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 05:34 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Even though all economic indicators suggest that things beginning to improve, the right wing media seems to be ratcheting up the propagana and lies about Obama's policies (for example, completely misinterpreting a small section of the bill as "death care").
Things are "beginning to improve"? What dream world are you living in? Things are getting worse day-by-day. I have had very little work since last November (conicidentally, I'm sure, right after the election results), and one of my clients, in the landscaping and excavating business is experiencing the same. He told me just the other day, "Bill, there isn't any work. No one is doing anything. My phone doesn't even ring". That is telling.

As to yuor accusation that the "right wing media is ratcheting up the propaganda and lies about Obama's policies" Obama himself is the biggest liar of all. He is contradicting what is known so far about what is absolutely part of the bill; i.e. there will be no more private insurance. It will be illegal for insurance companies to sell private plans (page 16 of the bill, according to the Wall Street Journal report)

The left wing media is not reporting on this bill. They are simply reporting what the Democrats and the Whitehouse want you to think. They are all lying.

Quote:
Followers are crashing town hall meetings and basically getting whipped into a frenzy like they were during the campaign when they were yelling things like "terrorist" and "kill him" at rallies before the McCain campaign stepped back on the rhetoric that was whipping people into such a frenzy.
"Crashing Town Hall meetings"? These are ordinary citizens angry about what they are learning about what this administration is trying to shove down our throats with no debate whatsoever. Most of these people have not been activists of any kind ever in their lives. Further, it is their Constitutional right to voice their opinion, and oppose what the government is doing if they do not agree with it.

No one was yelling "terrorist" and "kill him" at campaign rallies. That is a lie, and the FBI has investigated and found no proof of any such thing. This was a fabrication of the leftist media.

Quote:
One heavily armed woman scouted out a military base to plan a terrorist attack against it because Glenn Beck convinced her it was a FEMA camp.
Total lie. Where are you getting this? Or are you just making it up? You are doing exactly what you accuse the "right" of doing.

Quote:
I realize Clinton faced the same irrational fear before going down as one of the most successful presidents, but I'm increasingly concerned Obama won't survive long enough to reach that point.
Clinton, "one of the most successful presidents"? According to whom! What a laugh! Care to site some sorces? Polls?

Old 08-04-2009, 05:53 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,575,030 times
Default Obama Is The Most Secure And Closely Guarded "Pres" In History

Obama is as safe as "water" is in the "ocean' or oxygen in the "air"

Old 08-04-2009, 05:57 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,929,565 times
No.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:02 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,344,024 times
Four American presidents have been assassinated while in office: Abraham Lincoln (R) in 1865; James Garfield (R) in 1881; William McKinley (R) in 1901; and John F. Kennedy (D) in 1963. Additionally, assassination attempts were made on the lives of presidents Franklin D. Roosevelt (D) (1933), Harry S Truman (D) (1950), Gerald R. Ford (R) (two attempts, both in 1975), and Ronald Reagan (R) (1981).

In summary, six Republicans have had been the targets for assassination while only three Democrats have.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:11 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
No. He has his Chicago thug friends to defend him.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:11 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
Quote:
Even though all economic indicators suggest that things beginning to improve, the right wing media seems to be ratcheting up the propagana and lies about Obama's policies (for example, completely misinterpreting a small section of the bill as "death care").

Followers are crashing town hall meetings and basically getting whipped into a frenzy like they were during the campaign when they were yelling things like "terrorist" and "kill him" at rallies before the McCain campaign stepped back on the rhetoric that was whipping people into such a frenzy.

One heavily armed woman scouted out a military base to plan a terrorist attack against it because Glenn Beck convinced her it was a FEMA camp.

I realize Clinton faced the same irrational fear before going down as one of the most successful presidents, but I'm increasingly concerned Obama won't survive long enough to reach that point.
I haven't read the rest of the posts...just want to respond to this one.

I think there is a significant minority of the population who is as you describe. They aren't only a threat to the President, but to us all. I have no idea what the answer is; I want to say it lies in education, but these people are anti-"elite", anti-intellectual.

I don't know that the fear is so irrational.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:38 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,670,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post

How about Obama's buddy William Ayers.
this is why i said decades.

there were violent leftist movements in the 60s and early 70s.

there has not been one since.

there have been quite a few violent right-wing movements and individuals.

again, when in the first few months of a presidency, there are 2 high profile incidents where right-wingers flip out about obama and start killing people, it is cause for concern.

did any left-wingers flip out about bush and start killing people?

were there left-wing militias forming during bush's presidency, as there were during clinton's?

there is a pattern here, like it or not.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:40 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,670,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Four American presidents have been assassinated while in office: Abraham Lincoln (R) in 1865; James Garfield (R) in 1881; William McKinley (R) in 1901; and John F. Kennedy (D) in 1963. Additionally, assassination attempts were made on the lives of presidents Franklin D. Roosevelt (D) (1933), Harry S Truman (D) (1950), Gerald R. Ford (R) (two attempts, both in 1975), and Ronald Reagan (R) (1981).

In summary, six Republicans have had been the targets for assassination while only three Democrats have.
that's very interesting. the rate of death threats still quadrupled for obama over bush.

also, republican vs. democrat meant very different things before the 20th century, as other people have pointed out.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:40 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,366 times
Quote:

not......at......all !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies