Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:56 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times

Advertisements

Did Lou "Birther" Dobbs conduct this poll?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 09:01 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He blew his credibility with the non-stimulus and GM/Chrysler takeovers. People do not believe his rhetoric anymore.
...and yet the stimulus has created 750,000 jobs so far (granted, they need to start rolling it out a lot faster).

Financial analysts are hailing the turn around of GM and Chrysler through Bankruptcy as unprecedented and quarterlies suggest that the companies are re-emerging in a positive direction.

Sanrene, you hate Obama no matter what he does. It's just what you do. You lust for the failure of our president and, consequently, our nation.

I think what we're dealing with is a public hooked on instant gratification mixed with a rabid opposition waiting to pounce on everything short of rainbows leading to pots of gold.

Let's grow up and support our nation for once.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:04 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,003,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Why cant you ask? Is there a rule or something. Heck employees get preformance reviews all the time and they have a job still

Did you read anything before you responded?

I never said you couldnt ask. I said it was foolish to ask.

This question doesnt ask you to review the job done so far. It ask you to determine whether a 4 year job is a success or failure after only six months.

That is completely different than asking you for a job review.

I really wish people would comprehend things before posting.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:15 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Default Hypocrisy Watch

Funny, I thought we were supposed to be past comparing Obama to Bush. I mean, isn't that what all the cons yell whenever an Obama supporter talks about the mess, etc. that BushCo created and left for Mr. Obama to clean up?

I guess we're only allowed to invoke the Bush years when the 'data' allegedly make Mr. Bush look good

Old 08-06-2009, 10:18 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
I find it absolutely fascinating that the poll surveyed 1,136 people. The population of the United States is well over 260 million. Those 1,136 people must be pretty damned important, since their beliefs apparently speak for everyone else in this country.

(As Mark Twain observed, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.")

Old 08-06-2009, 10:24 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,830,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples&Oranges View Post
This is very short-sighted. You must keep in mind what happened with the Bush administration. Bush started his personal war against a country (Iraq) that was no threat to the U.S. and spent billions of dollars to keep his trumped-up war going for years. It drained the U.S. resources so badly that we have not recovered from it yet.

Obama has inherited a huge mess from the shrub that will take time to clean up.
I'm tired of hearing that Obama has to clean up Bush's mess.

You act like Obama walked into the WH on Jan 20 and said, Holy Cow look at this mess! This is gonna take a while to clean up.

Obama helped to make the mess. He was in Congress you know.

If at the very least, he know more of what was going on than the average voter did.

His campaign and the media made it sound like this guy was going to walk in with a giant vacuum and clean it all up in one day.

That's why he has been conceived as a failure at this point. Way to many expectations he created for himself.

Every other american could see it would take some time.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:29 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm tired of hearing that Obama has to clean up Bush's mess.

You act like Obama walked into the WH on Jan 20 and said, Holy Cow look at this mess! This is gonna take a while to clean up.

Obama helped to make the mess. He was in Congress you know.

If at the very least, he know more of what was going on than the average voter did.

His campaign and the media made it sound like this guy was going to walk in with a giant vacuum and clean it all up in one day.

That's why he has been conceived as a failure at this point. Way to many expectations he created for himself.

Every other american could see it would take some time.
I'd like to clarify one point you made: his campaign NEVER suggested it would be an easy or quick clean up.

If you recall, Obama said over and over again how deep and profound the problems were that he was taking on.

He said, "We may not get there in a year. We may not even get there in four years, but we will get there."

It was only his opposition that created unrealistically high expectations and started calling him a messiah so they could tear him down when he didn't sweep through like a god on a chariot. I think a lot of the posters on here fell for the propaganda and missed the facts.

Given the circumstances, I actually think he's doing a pretty darn good job. I think what you're witnessing right now is the lull between the initiation of policies and the results on the ground.

Time will tell.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:32 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
agree. weird that only 11% said "too soon to tell."
The Obama haters were disgusted on November 4, 2008. That hate escalated on January 20, 2009. They want instant cures for all problems. Obama should have resolved all problems by January 21, 2009.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:38 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Like to see the list of Democrats who voted to authorize that trumped-up war with a nation that was no threat to us?

Like to see the list of WHO made the FINAL go/no go decision?

Or is the concept of Commander in Chief unclear to you?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:38 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,830,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I'd like to clarify one point you made: his campaign NEVER suggested it would be an easy or quick clean up.

If you recall, Obama said over and over again how deep and profound the problems were that he was taking on.

He said, "We may not get there in a year. We may not even get there in four years, but we will get there."

It was only his opposition that created unrealistically high expectations and started calling him a messiah so they could tear him down when he didn't sweep through like a god on a chariot. I think a lot of the posters on here fell for the propaganda and missed the facts.

Given the circumstances, I actually think he's doing a pretty darn good job. I think what you're witnessing right now is the lull between the initiation of policies and the results on the ground.

Time will tell.
You may be right Bluefly. But would you agree that at least his some of his supporters and some media outlets made it seem like Obama was going to wave a magic wand and fix it all right away?

Most american's I'm sure did not believe that. But that stigma still haunts Mr Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies