Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:22 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times

Advertisements

So we traded in a Bush for an even bigger Bush?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 11:25 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Just because you're tired of hearing about it doesnt mean that he can stop cleaning up Bush's mess. Rome wasnt built in a day.... real-life problems arent solved in 59 minutes minus commercials.

Good Lord, link to where "His campaign and the media made it sound like this guy was going to walk in with a giant vacuum and clean it all up in one day."

"If at the very least, he know more of what was going on than the average voter did." Is that why the financial crisis wasnt addressed by him or McCain until about September during the campaign...and why starting around November 5 Obama was meeting with finance professionals and economists to learn the situation, gathering all input and trying to figure out what approach to take?
I really don't get you. Obama had more connections, powerful people in Congress, the business world, all kinds of advisors.... and none of them knew what kind of mess he was getting into?

Even I, who did not vote for him, felt sorry for him when it was obvious weeks before we won, that he would win. I knew he had one heck of a task ahead.

But the media, his followers (oh, he's going buy me a car, oh my state is bankrupt but Obama is going to fix everything) made it out that he was a magician.

A previous poster already said how Obama came out and told people to calm down.

And for lord's sake, can't you Google things yourself instead of always asking for a link? You know I was using a metaphor.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:27 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples&Oranges View Post
This is very short-sighted. You must keep in mind what happened with the Bush administration. Bush started his personal war against a country (Iraq) that was no threat to the U.S. and spent billions of dollars to keep his trumped-up war going for years. It drained the U.S. resources so badly that we have not recovered from it yet.

Obama has inherited a huge mess from the shrub that will take time to clean up.
Exactly.

When I say W was a failure, Conservatives tell me that it is too early to tell and that history will tell. Yet, they then turn around at Obams 6 months and call him a failure.

Very funny.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
...and yet the stimulus has created 750,000 jobs so far (granted, they need to start rolling it out a lot faster).
OMG, I'm on the floor laughing!

I even hesitate to ask where you might have gotten that figure - WH, Left-wing blogs?

According to the official counter of lost jobs, will will be shedding another 300,000+ in July.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
They are asking if his administration is a success or failure. The job of an administration last a minimum of 4 years. You cannot succeed or fail in an 1/8th of that timeframe.
If they asked the same question of Bush and Clinton, what is your problem with them asking of obama?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Exactly.

When I say W was a failure, Conservatives tell me that it is too early to tell and that history will tell. Yet, they then turn around at Obams 6 months and call him a failure.

Very funny.
Touche.

But no one sold Bush as being the cure all for everything when he took over from Clinton.

(Again, this is not to pick on every democrat, just the image that was protrayed mostly by the media and some of his die hard followers)

Old 08-06-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Really? Because I can name about 20 people in less than a minute that voted for McCain that are now huge Obama supporters.
I find that very hard to believe.

Quote:
The "non-stimulus" that you are referring to wasnt an instant fix. You dont fix a recession in a few months, it takes a long time. But, things are turning around quicker than any economist even predicted. Just look at home sales, jobless rates, and the stock market to see it.
According to obama, biden and the dems, it was supposed to keep the UE rate below 8%, it was supposed to create immediate jobs (first 3-4 million, then 600,000). IT was not in any way, shape or form a "traditional" stimulus bill, it was just one more liberal-wish list pork bill.

The CBO put out a report in Jan 2009 that said the recession would end late 2009/early 2010 WITHOUT ANY GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION.

Quote:
Stop posting ignorant, biased BS.
You mean like the rising UE rate? The bank failures? The job loses?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:46 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Read your first line to yourself and ask if that makes any sense.

They are asking if his administration is a success or failure. The job of an administration last a minimum of 4 years. You cannot succeed or fail in an 1/8th of that timeframe.

If they wanted to ask for a review, they should of done that. Providing success or failure as an option is foolish.
lol So you think we have to wait the entire 4 years to be able to comment on the job he is doing or any one of them are doing? Why are you here. You need to leave and come back at the end of his term when we are allowed to make a judgement on his term.

There happy now.

I sure can say if I think his term this far is a success or failure but some where in your mind that isnt possible.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:47 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So we traded in a Bush for an even bigger Bush?
Appears so but you wont get many to admit that

Party line is much more important then country

Old 08-06-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If they asked the same question of Bush and Clinton, what is your problem with them asking of obama?
Remember when Pelosi made up all of these things she was going to fix in her first 100 days of Congress when the dem's took over? What a joke that was.

The media, like always, made a big deal about Obama's first 100 days and Obama did as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies