Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 08:13 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Oh, you will get change alright. You should really know more about Medicaid and Medicare.

Be careful what you wish for. If you're a veteran, you should be more in tune with what freedom really means.
Since I work in a VA Hospital and being a veteran which means that I not only have good medical insurance but I can also be treated at the VA, which by the way is ...so called Socialized medicine. Come to think of it, for the last 20 years that is all that I ever had and I cannot complain either. Come to think of it, my father (also a 20year AF vet) received the same care throughout his life. Politicians (all of them) get free care which I never understood since they all make over 100,000 a year get free care (socialize medicine). So why can't the rest of the country get in on this deal? For what I have read the change will not affect people who have insurance and are happy with it so why are they still *itching about something that will not affect them directly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 08:14 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The Blue Shield Democrats have killed Health Care Reform, without a Public Option it is just another layer of fat.
The real struggle will be in the courts where the AMA/Freedomworks is sponsoring Dick Armeys attempt to destroy both Social Security and Medicare

Technically, Social Security is unconstitutional, and if you want me to look up where it says that, I will.

Jefferson even said the government cannot take money from a working man and give it to others.

The politicians "promised" to not touch SS, but you know how they just cannot resist money. And I mean both parties.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:15 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
I can't believe that I, my father and now my son went to war for some of these sheepeople

Old 08-16-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Since I work in a VA Hospital and being a veteran which means that I not only have good medical insurance but I can also be treated at the VA, which by the way is ...so called Socialized medicine. Come to think of it, for the last 20 years that is all that I ever had and I cannot complain either. Come to think of it, my father (also a 20year AF vet) received the same care throughout his life. Politicians (all of them) get free care which I never understood since they all make over 100,000 a year get free care (socialize medicine). So why can't the rest of the country get in on this deal? For what I have read the change will not affect people who have insurance and are happy with it so why are they still *itching about something that will not affect them directly?

Nothing is free. Nothing.

If you think what you are getting is free, it's not, someone else is paying for it.

And you're paying for it with your taxes.

Why can't you see, that giving it ALL OVER to the government is giving up your rights? This isn't about the healthcare you get at the VA.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:17 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
IMO - there will be a legal battle over social security and medicare.

IMO, we have come to a point of a new "revolution" in this country - not necessarily one with guns and weapons - but one with legal battles such as we have never seen before.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
IMO - there will be a legal battle over social security and medicare.

IMO, we have come to a point of a new "revolution" in this country - not necessarily one with guns and weapons - but one with legal battles such as we have never seen before.

I agree. The government has no business sticking its nose into everything and then taxing us for it.

I had no idea so many people wanted the government to take care of them.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:24 PM

I still want to know how illegals can get Social Security by having a baby in the US. I thought you had to pay into the system to get anything from it.

One guy in AZ found out there were mailboxes where thousands of checks were being sent with SS money and then routed to Mexico. Some of these people are getting big chunks just for birthing a kid here.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:34 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The Blue Shield Democrats have killed Health Care Reform, without a Public Option it is just another layer of fat.
The real struggle will be in the courts where the AMA/Freedomworks is sponsoring Dick Armeys attempt to destroy both Social Security and Medicare
"Blue Shield Democrats", lol

you're right though Boompa, though I dont think the public option is gone.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:45 PM

474 posts, read 601,573 times
Nebulous: Illegals have babies...that the court has interpreted as persons who were born in the U.S...ergo...American citizens. ( 14th amendment) As minors, they are entitled to subsistence, medical care, food stamps, food vouchers, day care, rental assistance, and the long list of public welfare programs. Since they are a protected class, they cannot be questioned about their origin..the courts have ruled that questioning them is (some cases ) discrimination...are entitled to interpreters at our expense....they receive monthly checks for the number of children they have as well as a portion for themselves as caretakers. One welfare worker told me that if illegals says they have more kids at home...those numbers are factored in as well. Again, one of my acquaintences works for a CPA firm and was asked to take a paid leave as her work was getting to her psyche....she was the person assigned to income tax returns for illegals....one couple came in with seven children, listed all their public benefits as their income (most are tax-free) the male reported $22,000 in income and then they filed for an $8,000 earned income tax credit. They had applied for the purchase of a home and the $8,000 credit for first time home-buyer! So, we need to clean up that mess before we hail...health care for all.

Illegals are still pouring in over the borders every day, no papers, no health checks, and head for the welfare office. Because they are undocumented, they can use one name at the welfare office and another at the workplace....They change their names as needed...they drive without licenses and car insurance. Our town was invaded by three thousand illegals...people don't hate them...but sure do resent the fact that they are exploiting our tax dollars.

I was working with a non-citizen family of five helping them plow through immigration's myriad of laws and asked how one of their illegal friends made out in court after receiving a speeding ticket. My friend asnwered...oh..he no go to court...he just change his name. You may choose to believe it or not, but it is true.

Last edited by Friendly blogger; 08-16-2009 at 08:57 PM..

Old 08-16-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Nebulous: Illegals have babies...that the court has interpreted as persons who were born in the U.S...ergo...American citizens. As minors entitled to subsistence, medical care, food stamps, food vouchers, day care, rental assistance, and the long list of public welfare programs. Since they are a protected class, they cannot be questioned about their origin..the courts have ruled that questioning them is (some cases ) discrimination...are entitled to interpreters at our expense....they receive monthly checks for the number of children they have as well as a portion for themselves as caretakers. One welfare worker told me that if illegals says they have more kids at home...those numbers are factored in as well. Again, one of my acquaintences works for a CPA firm and was asked to take a paid leave as her work was getting to her psyche....she was the person assigned to income tax returns for illegals....one couple came in with seven children, listed all their public benefits as their income (most are tax-free) the male reported $22,000 in income and then they filed for an $8,000 earned income tax credit. They had applied for the purchase of a home and the $8,000 credit for first time home-buyer! So, we need to clean up that mess before we hail...health care for all.

Illegals are still pouring in over the borders every day and head for the welfare office. Because they are undocumented, they can use one name at the welfare office and another at the workplace....They change their names as needed...they drive without licenses and car insurance. Our town was invaded by three thousand illegals...people don't hate them...but sure do resent the fact that they are exploiting our tax dollars.

I was working with a family of five helping them plow through immigration's myriad of laws and asked how one of their illegal friends made out in court after receiving a speeding tocket. My friend asnwered...oh..he no go to court...he just change his name. You may choose to believe it or not, but it is true.
They are only getting away with this, because the government wants them here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies