Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 10:13 PM

838 posts, read 922,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I heard the guy (and others) yell "NO NO NO" when the politician first tried to respond.

If this was the first time he asked anyone about health care reform then why go in with the idea that it's all gloom and doom and insist it won't allow medical care for his handicapped son? That isn't reasonable by anyones standards. What or who gives any American the idea that their government wants them to die? He was there to rage, plain and simple.

And I'm still not seeing any details about the intruder.
What was said at that meeting: Man in video was upset at town hall meeting and told the democrat speaker that the government health plan would not give his cerebral palsy son any health care. The government speaker man then replied twice that "the article (health bill clause) he was talking about was being changed". This is what freaked me out, that there was an article that would even hint of no care for his son. Then the man who had disabled son said "what is the article number (that was changed), and then the government man said he did not know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 11:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Good point! I agree. The man certainly seemed angry.
Did you see the man's son in the wheel chair and his wife beside the son? I see nobody talking about the live evidence he had that his son suffers from cerebral palsy. Why doesn't anyone talk about that young man?

Old 08-10-2009, 11:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Did you catch the part about the politician responding about an amendment? Then was asked what the number of said amendment was and could not answer? They are reading from a script and following the Thugocracy playbook.
The libs here didn't hear any of those things because they hear only what they want to hear and see. Facts really foul them up and you held some facts up for them.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:22 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
He got precise answer to his specific question, then started yelling like a moron. He would have even been thrown out of a bar for acting like that, much less a town hall meeting.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:25 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,862,513 times
Spoken like a true liberal!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
What thugs?

As far as I can tell, all you have is this man's word. Did any of his neighbors hear or see anyone coming to his house in the middle of the night threatening him??

Anyone can file a police report. False police reports are filed all the time. I can say someone came to my house and threw a brick at my home and threatened me, however, if no one is found, and no evidence is found other than my word, then all you have is my word.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:27 PM

Another typical liberal response!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
So what did these intruders do to make him think they were there because he was against health care reform? I gotta say he looks like an angry guy, he may have made more than a few enemies in his day.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:30 PM

Probably the union thugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
The poor man and his family, wonder what thugs threatened him?

Old 08-10-2009, 11:31 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Spoken like a true liberal!!!!
What a bizarre observation.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:46 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you see the man's son in the wheel chair and his wife beside the son? I see nobody talking about the live evidence he had that his son suffers from cerebral palsy. Why doesn't anyone talk about that young man?
What would you have us say? He has CP. He is in a wheelchair. That's pretty much all I know.

I can not comprehend that any government sponsored health plan would deny coverage or medical treatment for people with disabilities or deny care to the elderly. NOBODY would allow that. NOBODY would support that. EVERYONE would riot and probably overthrow the government.
That some people can easily beleive this is what "Obama/libs/Dems want" says something, but I'm not sure what.
I would say it's a joke, they they are just trying to make Obama look bad so some Republican can seize the power back but after hearing people speak and seeing that they DO believe I can only shake my head and wonder what is really going on.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:34 AM

683 posts, read 825,196 times
Yes, the people are angry. Angry with the ongoing lies, rhetoric and misinformation coming out of this thugocracy administration. I agree, the meeting could have been more effective if everyone maintained a civil tone of voice. Then everyone could have heard the lies, rhetoric and misinformation more clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies