Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:04 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,782,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The point of all this is that the POTUS can be protected without restricting anyones rights quite easily...he can be put in his bullet proof bubble and not meet and greet crowds(because of course he is vulnerable then...but no-one seems too concerned about that here) without being in the POTUSmobile....
I think we would be the laughing stock of the world if we had our president giving speeches from a bullet-proof bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 09:04 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,568,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker
You don't happen to belong to some Uber-Patriotic Right Wing Militia do you?

Did you cheer when the Oklahoma City bombs went off?

Quote:
And you sound like a typical political shill or hack,are YOU part of the DNC??

And by the way,all able bodied men up to 45 are part of the militia...don't you even know your own laws????
I would dodge those questions too if I were you.

You sound deranged my friend.

It's scary that you have access to a weapon.

Seriously.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:08 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:

Can anyone tell me how it would be guaranteed that no-one in this crowd is armed????
There can never be a complete gaurantee, but I have been to a place where a VP was speaking and can tell you the security measures were extremely thorough.

There is no reason why a person should be allowed to have a gun at en event like this. The President is the Commander-in Chief and his safety is an issue of national security.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:08 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
I think we would be the laughing stock of the world if we had our president giving speeches from a bullet-proof bubble.
Why,isn't the point of restricting peoples rights to keep him safe?

It isn;'t like we would stuff him in a big bullet proof condom.

The shield could be have his logo on the outside of it and everything....

" Hopeychangeness is a coming "

Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
I would dodge those questions too if I were you.

You sound deranged my friend.

It's scary that you have access to a weapon.

Seriously.
You aren't my friend.

You are some shill who places one citizens worth above another...

Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,568,419 times

Can anyone tell me how it would be guaranteed that if everyone was armed in this crowd
the president (or any innocent bystander interested in politics) could ever be safe????

Geez, what are we turning into some crazy Middle Eastern country where elections are celebrated with dancing and machine gun fire?

Go join Hizbola or some nutty tribal group where they love their guns more than their women...

...I'm pretty sure most American don't want that here.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:11 AM

Oh, and fwiw OZ, I do fully agree with you that no one man is any more important than anyone else. However, to me, that is completely beside the point in this argument. If I, the average citizen, were president - no way would I give a speech in any room where people were carrying.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
There can never be a complete gaurantee, but I have been to a place where a VP was speaking and can tell you the security measures were extremely thorough.

There is no reason why a person should be allowed to have a gun at en event like this. The President is the Commander-in Chief and his safety is an issue of national security.
There is actually no need for the POTUS to ever be in public...that should keep him safe and sound.

And you are correct,you cannot keep him safe no matter what,so how is restricting rights going to help?

Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Can anyone tell me how it would be guaranteed that if everyone was armed in this crowd the president could ever be safe????
Actually, I was in the crowd pictured there .

Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Oh, and fwiw OZ, I do fully agree with you that no one man is any more important than anyone else. However, to me, that is completely beside the point in this argument. If I, the average citizen, were president - no way would I give a speech in any room where people were carrying.
Good to know,it is sometimes quite frightening the level of worship displayed by some Americans...cult of personality and all.

As to being in a room with people carrying,as shown in those pics above you could be in a crowd of people and there would be little idea of who is carrying or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies