Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 06:27 PM

481 posts, read 943,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Apperently neither does common sense or rational intelligence.
Deflection #3.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:43 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
There was a time in this country when athletes were held to a higher standard. They were America's finest and they were role models for our children. What happened? The Eagles have the propensity for hiring bad boys, the wife beater, dopers, and now a dog murderer. Imagine the message all this sends to kids; like it is OK to drive around Phila and smoke dope, get arrested, and still play pro football and collect a super salary. It's OK to own and manage a dog fighting ring, drown and electrocute non performing dogs, use puppies as bait dogs to be torn to shreds and still get a second chance. This is the example the Eagles set for our children.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Pete Rose ever got a second chance. I wonder why?

I can't change the hiring of Vick but what I am going to do is boycott any product advertised on an Eagle game. This week it's Bud. I will never by a Budwiser as long Vick remains on the Eagles. I hope you will do the same.

I have been green for more than 30 thirty years. I trashed all my Eagle's items, hats, jerseys, jackets, etc.

I will send Dick's Sporting Goods an email thanking them for their efforts.
good for you! i threw out my eagles jacket, which was the only eagles apparel that i had. i wrote to tastykake and got a nice email from them about the situation. i never liked pepsi anyway, but i won't buy any pepsi products. their stand was that Vick's illegal activities were "cruel and degrading" but they backed the team. when will this country learn not to reward bad behavior at any level (wall street, banks, sports, credit card companies, mortgage companies, etc.) ???? until we can do that, i am not hopeful for our future as a country.

here is a list of all eagles corporate sponsors for those who would be willing to take the time to contact them, or at least boycott them:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/corporatepartners.html (broken link)

Old 09-07-2009, 07:31 AM

18,732 posts, read 33,402,036 times
Consider notifying said companies that you will not buy their product again until Vick is gone. Boycotting in itself doesn't work, especially if you didn't buy the stuff in the first place. I'm shameless- I'll write a clear letter that I will not use/fly/buy ___ "and will urge my fellow medical professionals to do the same."
I mean, I rarely drink Bud anyway, but I'd be happy to tell Bud that I will no longer ever buy it. Etc.
Ah, TastyKake. Beloved by Delaware Valley people worldwide. My father told me that after the war, when he was about 22 (following combat in Europe) he went to TastyKake for a factory job and was told, "We don't hire Jews."
And TastyKake is kosher! I honestly think that's why they taste so much better than other junk cakes- no animal lard.
Anyway, announce your personal boycott, whether it's true or not. All's fair...

Old 09-07-2009, 10:02 AM

315 posts, read 776,726 times
#1 selling jersey so far this NFL season? Mr. Vick's! I don't like him, don;t support him, think what he did was terrible, but again, he paid his debt and it seems society is willing to give him a second chance.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:34 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash330 View Post
I can't think of one company that would touch Michael Vick with a 10-foot-pole right now for and endorsement. I don't care that he spent 18 months or whatever the time was in prison, until he redeems himself with sincerity, I won't be spending one red cent on any product he endorses.
Me too, I will boycott any product he endorses. I will also refuse to watch any Eagles games this year. I am a Cowboys fan anyway so it will not be difficult, I will miss only one game.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:49 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamHarman View Post
#1 selling jersey so far this NFL season? Mr. Vick's! I don't like him, don;t support him, think what he did was terrible, but again, he paid his debt and it seems society is willing to give him a second chance.
maybe money trumps morality to some, but not to all!

the only reason he is getting support is because "fans" think he will deliver. if he doesn't deliver, they will be brutal! (of course not as brutal as vick......)

Old 09-07-2009, 05:24 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,700,852 times
I would not buy the Jersey in fact it pains me to breath the same air Mr. Vick breathes. I hope Mr. Vick goes to hell and is eaten by Poms over and over.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:45 PM

315 posts, read 776,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I would not buy the Jersey in fact it pains me to breath the same air Mr. Vick breathes. I hope Mr. Vick goes to hell and is eaten by Poms over and over.
I can't stand the guy, from his flipping off his own fans, multiple times, to his lavish, undeserved lifestyle, to his performance on the field. However, my position here, is one based on the US judicial system. He paid his debt and now he deserves a second chance, based on the society we have created and all live by. If people do not agree with this, I suggest they write to their representatives and ask for tougher sentences for dog fighting. Although technically, that is really not what he plead to.

Vick will never escape his crimes, they will follow him to his grave. Sure, he will earn a few million more dollars and no doubt make a few highlighted plays on the field again, but he will always be remembered for killing dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.