Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 08:33 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I was an "unwanted" child who despite all the odds against me was adopted into a loving home. Why is it better to kill babies versus giving them a chance at life?
Quote:
If a woman cannot or will not care for her baby, she can always place it up for adoption. I'm grateful my biological mother took this route and not allowed my little body to be brutally torn apart and cast aside in an abortion clinic.
You really need to stop being the forum drama queen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 08:33 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
You just lost all credibililty. You've been arguing that life begins at conception . . . but now murdering an unborn child is OK if it was concieved throug rape. I'll bet the unborn child takes some comfort in knowing that its life is less valuable for that reason. If you are truly concerned about "human life" how can you make an exception for abortion? Your true colors are showing.
No .. it is NOT ok to kill an unborn baby but I won't tell a rape victim that she has to carry the rapist baby to term.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:37 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
No .. it is NOT ok to kill an unborn baby but I won't tell a rape victim that she has to carry the rapist baby to term.
What would give you the right to tell a rape victim anything????

You called abortion taking an "innocent life" and said it was wrong.

How does that "innocent life" change because it's the product of rape?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
That's the contradiction in her "reasoning" that I tried to point out.

She said abortion kills an "innocent life" so it's wrong.
Then she turns around and says abortion is OK incase of rape.

How did /does the "innocent life" change in those two instances.

She never could answer.....resorted to "you're too emotional" instead of a real answer...
Ok ... Tell you what. Since you pro-choicers want to attack us pro-lifers for making concessions in the event of rape, I think we should change our tune then to allowing NO exceptions for abortions except if the life of the mother is in jeopardy (as I doubt the baby has a chance of survival at that point). When abortion become illegal, then rape victims should carry the innocent baby to term. No concessions for you pro-choicers for rape victims.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:39 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Sounds like a difficult situation you found yourself in and I can sympathize somewhat. My biological mother's story was much more heartbreaking and yet she found the courage to carry me to term and place me up for adoption. I really don't want to get into the circumstances as it is way too personal but I'm sure many of you ardent pro-choicers on here would have advised her to get an abortion had they known her circumstances. I'm grateful that she did not opt for that choice or else many lives would not have been touched by my life. It takes a courageous woman to choose life for the child they are carrying despite difficult obstacles and hardships.
And you couldn't be more wrong with the underlined statement. I have never and WILL never "advise" anyone to get an abortion. But I will support the decision of any woman who thinks she needs one. As I would support the decision of any woman who chose to carry to term and give the child up for adoption. My whole point is that it is her decision to make, not anyone else's.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
I see nothing wrong with the statement. Other than the "whole" part, since at the time of most abortions, the fetus is anything but whole.

In any case, I always thought of the fetus as a "separate human lifeform."

It doesn't change my opinion one bit on abortion. Until we create artificial wombs or a good way to remove the fetus from the womb without killing it, and putting it into another womb, then abortion is the only way to solve unwanted pregnancy. There are no other alternatives.
What about adoption? There are many infertile couples that desire to adopt babies.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Do you read what you post? You say it is not OK to "kill an unborn baby" and then say it is OK to kill an unborn baby that is the result of a rape. Which is it - OK or not OK?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Yes. It is.

The problem is, whether or not said human life has any more say than the incubator that it saps the nutrients out of.
Your mother was once an "incubator" that carried you to term. What a cruel term to use for pregnant women.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
What about adoption? There are many infertile couples that desire to adopt babies.
There are many women who choose adoption. There are many women who choose abortion. There are many women who choose to keep their babies. That's what it's all about - CHOICE.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:45 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Ok ... Tell you what. Since you pro-choicers want to attack"""

Attack? I asked questons...very telling...

"" us pro-lifers for making concessions in the event of rape, I think we should change our tune then to allowing NO exceptions for abortions except if the life of the mother is in jeopardy (as I doubt the baby has a chance of survival at that point). When abortion become illegal, then rape victims should carry the innocent baby to term. No concessions for you pro-choicers for rape victims.
Well, it WOULD make you look more ...er...logical.

And , yes , Your Highness, when you pass your ruling against women's choice I'm sure in your great wisdom amd arrogance you will outlaw abortion for any reason....and it'll be all my fault ..LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies