Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 01:29 PM

472 posts, read 739,716 times

Advertisements

The Real Ted Kennedy | Quazen

The great fall began of course forty years ago last month, as a then-young Senator Edward Kennedy spent the night partying with friends and aquaintances at a Chappaquiddick residence. According to later reports, Kennedy left the party with a young woman named Mary Jo Kopechne, a former campaign worker for his late brother Robert. At around 1:00 am, Kennedy drove his vehicle, with Kopechne in the passenger seat, off of a small wooden ferry bridge into the cold waters of Poucha Channel.

The Real Ted Kennedy | Quazen

There was also a statement from an off duty police officer who saw Kennedy and Kopechne drive past him - she was sitting in the front seat. There is no way Kennedy did not know she was in the car...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 01:36 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiahmooDude View Post
There was also a statement from an off duty police officer who saw Kennedy and Kopechne drive past him - she was sitting in the front seat. There is no way Kennedy did not know she was in the car...
That wasn't Kopechne, it was the other woman.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:43 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
I wish there was a way to pull up all of the the old news reports from television and show them.. I sure remember watching the family cover up..

Old 08-28-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I wish there was a way to pull up all of the the old news reports from television and show them.. I sure remember watching the family cover up..
Yeah, that was the other thing. They had no outrage toward Kennedy or the system that failed to prosecute him because they knew all along what really happened -- their daughter was drunk, passed out in a car that ended up in an accident that resulted in her death.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:40 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,306,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Yeah, that was the other thing. They had no outrage toward Kennedy or the system that failed to prosecute him because they knew all along what really happened -- their daughter was drunk, passed out in a car that ended up in an accident that resulted in her death.
You've got a twisted imagination. If you feel this way because you think Mary Jo was drunk and asleep in the backseat (which is BS), then I'm guessing you would [also] think that if there was a sleeping infant on medication in the car it would be okay that Ted Kennedy didn't try to save the child. Amazingly stupid!

Old 08-28-2009, 02:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
That wasn't Kopechne, it was the other woman.
Yeah, the fantasy woman who was driving the car, and made Teddy leave his "date" to drown.

Get real - where are you getting this crap?

Old 08-28-2009, 02:51 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,528 times
Well, I am watching the course of events taking place regarding his funeral. There were 25 thousand people that stood in line for hours, to catch a glimpse of the casket. People crying, people waving banners/pictures of him. I heard story after story how he helped many families. So, the fact, he was elected time and time again, almost half a century to public office speaks for itself.

He was a icon in the mind of many, many, people. Love him or hate him..that is your choice...but many people, rich or poor benefitted from his service. The Lion sleeps tonight.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
You've got a twisted imagination. If you feel this way because you think Mary Jo was drunk and asleep in the backseat (which is BS), then I'm guessing you would [also] think that if there was a sleeping infant on medication in the car it would be okay that Ted Kennedy didn't try to save the child. Amazingly stupid!
I wouldn't expect anyone to try to save a sleeping child on the back seat -- medicated or otherwise -- if the person didn't know the child was there.

As for me having an imagination, no....this is the story told by people at the party who were friends of Kopechne. I didn't make it up. And the mother believes this is what happened. Is her imagination twisted too?

Stupid is someone believing that c*ck-and-bull "official" explanation.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:54 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,306,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Well, I am watching the course of events taking place regarding his funeral. There were 25 thousand people that stood in line for hours, to catch a glimpse of the casket. People crying, people waving banners/pictures of him. I heard story after story how he helped many families. So, the fact, he was elected time and time again, almost half a century to public office speaks for itself.

He was a icon in the mind of many, many, people. Love him or hate him..that is your choice...but many people, rich or poor benefitted from his service. The Lion sleeps tonight.
People with minds of mush!

Old 08-28-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, the fantasy woman who was driving the car, and made Teddy leave his "date" to drown.

Get real - where are you getting this crap?
I've posted a link twice. And the story has been around since the 80's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies