Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 12:14 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
You have to admit that Ted looks a lot like this guy...

YouTube - Greatest Drunks of All Time: W.C. Fields
wow. that was tasteless. i think your posts says a lot more about you than it does Kennedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 12:15 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How utterly ridiculous AND false.

Please, the entire country knows what The Swimmer did and did not do that night. Your attempt at revisionist history is blatantly transparent.
Not only is it a much more logical explanation for the event, it is the story told by people at the party, people who know the individuals involved and the explanation believed by the mother of the victim. And it's a story that has been known for decades.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you claim she went to the car to go to sleep and then kennedy just drove off with her?
No, it's not my claim. That's what the people in the party say. Here's the link again for those who haven't read the whole thread: Mary Jo Kopechne Died 40 Years Ago Today, but How? - Associated Content

Old 08-28-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
The Op was blaming Mary Jo for getting in the car. That is blaming the victim.

I know the liberal voice and they do blame the victims. For a further discussion start a thread.
I thought righties were all about personal responsibility? Though it is not the case here, generally speaking, people who get into cars that they know will be driven by drunk drivers have some personal responsibility for their injuries if there is an accident. That doesn't get erased if the driver is a liberal you love to hate.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You're the one who brought up that particular falsehood, so perhaps you can start a thread on it. I don't agree w/blaming her for that accident anymore than I blame other victims of other particular crimes. I AM a liberal & I know other liberals & no, we do NOT blame the victims. I suggest you know what you're talking about before you make absurd assumptions.
You need to read very carefully. I asked i did not know if she was drunk and would like to see what facts their were. So i made no statement of falsehood i asked a question try reading
i asked the question from a post to me earlier so i did not bring it up i was asking for clarification.
There are Ops here who has said it was Mary Jo's fault for dying for getting in the care with him.
She died she was the victim, blaming her for that is wrong

Old 08-28-2009, 12:23 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
You need to read very carefully. I asked i did not know if she was drunk and would like to see what facts their were. So i made no statement of falsehood i asked a question try reading
i asked the question from a post to me earlier so i did not bring it up i was asking for clarification.
There are Ops here who has said it was Mary Jo's fault for dying for getting in the care with him.
She died she was the victim, blaming her for that is wrong
Oh dear....please re-read my post. When I said you mentioned a falsehood, the falsehood I was speaking of was your claim that liberals blame the victim.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Hypothetically speaking, anyone who gets in car that is going to be driven by someone who is drunk is as responsible for his/her injuries if there is an accident as the person who is driving the car. It is ridiculous to argue otherwise.

That said, she didn't get into the car with the idea that anyone would be driving. By all accounts of people who were at the party, she got in a parked car because she was drunk and wanted to go to sleep. Kennedy and the woman he left the party with didn't even know she was in the car until the next day.
So you claim Kennedy did not know she was in the car, yet he claims he dived into save her. How could he not know she was sin the car until the next day when he admitted to trying to save her.

Seems source is a little off

Old 08-28-2009, 12:26 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
one good thing he wasnt a jesse helms the conservatives have praised when he was a democrat conservative, dixiecrat, and then republican conservative.

and these criticizers are the same goofs that gave that fool a good farewell FREAKING IDIOTS. just wait til senator ex kkk byrd(PILE OF *****) dies lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh dear....please re-read my post. When I said you mentioned a falsehood, the falsehood I was speaking of was your claim that liberals blame the victim.
Your Opinion is that is a falshood. My opinion is it is not . leave it there are start a thread

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Your Opinion is that is a falshood. My opinion is it is not . leave it there are start a thread
Way to backpedal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies