Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 06:55 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,366,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hussein was perpetrating a sadistic political purge on his own people that would make Stalin blush.

That body count went down when we invaded.

He even gassed Kurdish civilians to include children.

How is that not genocide?

Why is one a humanitarian mission and the other an adventurous war?
The U.S. supplied the gas, and also a nod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
To be fair, Bush got us in to Afghanistan.

Kennedy DID express remorse (watch "Teddy, In His Own Words") for his entire life. Clearly the guilt was eating at him for it to be published in the posthumous memoirs, he didn't have any reason to mention it if he didn't want.

Do you think Bush will talk about his drug and alcohol abuse when he writes his memoirs? What about Clinton and his sexual escapades? How about Bush 1 and all the shady things he probably did in his career with the CIA?

Give the man a break, it was 40 years ago and he clearly held the horror of that night with him for the entire time.
So, he really didn't get away with anything.

Any word from O.J. lately?

Old 09-03-2009, 07:50 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,584,550 times
If he was really sorry about Mary Jo, he would have turned himself in and served his time.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:10 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,916,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
People who need to villify a dead man can expect the same treatment on their judgement day.
Who's to villify?

The man is finally dead .... Now I can quit villifying him.

I've been fairly quiet during these "we hate Kennedy threads" because once the guy is dead ... what else is there to say? .. Nothing.

I hated the guy ... He was a pompus ass ... and so were his brothers.

Kennedy's record was pure and true .. as long as you were the neighborhood welfare queen. The rest of us just blew him off for the panderer he really was.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,148,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Who's to villify?

The man is finally dead .... Now I can quit villifying him.

I've been fairly quiet during these "we hate Kennedy threads" because once the guy is dead ... what else is there to say? .. Nothing.

I hated the guy ... He was a pompus ass ... and so were his brothers.

Kennedy's record was pure and true .. as long as you were the neighborhood welfare queen. The rest of us just blew him off for the panderer he really was.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and quit vilifying him. So should the OP who started this dreck.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:25 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,916,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Perhaps you should take your own advice and quit vilifying him. So should the OP who started this dreck.
I did ...

If you would care to notice ... All of my drek is in the past tense ..

Old 09-03-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
If he was really sorry about Mary Jo, he would have turned himself in and served his time.
No -That would only be if he were secular enough to respect law.

As a law-maker, he was above the law.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
One cannot vilify a villain, one can only point and comment.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:34 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,148,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I did ...

If you would care to notice ... All of my drek is in the past tense ..
My bad! I wish the OP would get a clue about this!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:37 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,651,851 times
$$$$$$ Thats how sorry he was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
When a person is convicted of a crime he has to show truly he was sorry and excepts the blame before he can be paroled...

Te kennedy had Obama being his mailman to deliver a letter to the Pope and now after Kennedy is dead the book is coming out which is stating he was really sorry and he had a hard couple of decades living with the memory of the accident....if he really was sorry he would be a man and gave a speech and spoke up about what had happened and appologized for his action.

This is just another way to get money for the family and get the Kennedy name out there and hiding behind his death, so he won't be questioned about it....what a loser!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies