Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 05:10 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,252,369 times

Advertisements

FACT CHECK SAYS THIS IS FALSE:

Health Care Bill To Cover Undocumented Immigrants? False.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 05:14 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
what do they know? The bill isn't written yet. lol The argument is that whatever bill comes out, it will include illegals.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:14 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,568,867 times
Of course it's false.

Does anyone expect the Right to give an inch on anything?
Even the obvious falsehood they propagate?

They just keep muddying the waters until people don't know what to believe then scare the sh*t out of them and hope for the best.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:15 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,568,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
what do they know? The bill isn't written yet. lol The argument is that whatever bill comes out, it will include illegals.
Based on what??

Old 09-10-2009, 05:18 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
And you failed to answer my post anyway.

Assuming you are right.. what exactly in HR 3200 is Obama giving to classes of people.. beside the ability to PURCHASE a public option..

Do you object to the government taking someone's money for a service it provides in return.

HR 3200 doesn't "give" anything to any class of people. That "given" already exists in medicaid.. And as someone pointe dout you can't just cross the border and apply for medicaid.. a FREE that is in ESSENCe given to people who MEET a certain criteria.. if what you say held any merit.. it probably would have been before the court anyway.

The judge is right in one sense.. an illegal immigrant does have the right to purchase anything that anyone else has the righ to purchas.. including a private OR public insurance option.
I don't see a prior post from you. What post did I fail to answer?

What is HR 3200?

The judge was ask about Joe Wilson yelling "liar" or "that's a lie" or whatever he yelled. I didn't listen to the speech (well I tried, but I fell asleep, like Biden).

The judge said empahtically, "I cannot judge the Presidents heart", but, he continued, the President knows that the Federal government cannot deny coverage to one class of people if it provides it to another. And he went on to talk about the challenge to a California proposition that gave coverage to illegals, that the Supreme Court refused to hear. Which is the same thing as "they upheld it". In other words, illegals are covered.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:21 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Supreme Court has already taken up this issue: By refusing to hear a case brought by opponets in CA. Result: The CA law stands (i.e. health care for illegals). It's the law.

Calworks...the way their getting around the welfare rule is the children. American children born of undocumented parents are entitled to welfare and the medicaid. The parents are not covered on the Medicaid, only the children, but of course they get the benefits of the checks.

* Illegal immigrants aren't entitled to welfare, called CalWORKs. But their citizen children are. Roughly 190,000 kids are receiving welfare checks that pass through their parents. The cost: about $500 million, according to the nonpartisan Legislative Analyst's Office.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:21 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
No body is arguing that illegals recieve health CARE.. no one can be refused when the walk into an ER seeking treatment.. and in those cases their IMMEDIATE..not long term needs must be met..

We're talking HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE with health reform.. and the ability to obtaion COMPREHENSIVE care..
Okay...just found this post:

It doesn't matter. The government cannot discriminate" based on class. If coverage is provided for one class, it must provide it for all.

Judge Napalotano is a Constitutional Attorney. I believe him. He is probably one of the best there is.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:22 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post

Interesting you say that...Sanrene argued me down today that HR3200 is the bill.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:22 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,014,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't see a prior post from you. What post did I fail to answer?

What is HR 3200?

The judge was ask about Joe Wilson yelling "liar" or "that's a lie" or whatever he yelled. I didn't listen to the speech (well I tried, but I fell asleep, like Biden).

The judge said empahtically, "I cannot judge the Presidents heart", but, he continued, the President knows that the Federal government cannot deny coverage to one class of people if it provides it to another. And he went on to talk about the challenge to a California proposition that gave coverage to illegals, that the Supreme Court refused to hear. Which is the same thing as "they upheld it". In other words, illegals are covered.

HR 3200 is the bill that the President was referring to last night. This is teh bill that passed House Comittee and that he was hoping would be voted o before August break. IT's the bill that was written and has sparked rumors of "death panels" and all that other nonsense that has been floating around for over a month.

HR 3200 is on the net for everyone to read. It is is the bill that has EVERY OBJECTIVE that Obama outlined last night.

THe one that he mentioned he will not allow to be killed.. but rather needs to be worked on and ironed out.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:23 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Based on what??
based on the law. Isn't the consensus here that illegals can purchase whatever they want? Well, they will purchase the cheaper govt. backed insurance plan, which in turn our tax dollars will back them up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies