Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
No, since the "public option" as outlined by the President last night will have to be totally self-sufficient with funding coming from the premiums sold. They (illegal aliens) will also be ineligible for any subsidized plans.
outlined, you take it as gospel. You have a rude awakening coming when ALL of our taxes go up to fund this, which in turn funds the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,014,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Health care will be just like public schooling for illegal kids. It will be against the law to ask them to prove their citizenship.

Although the law will say they aren't included, there will be no way to check when they walk in with a real or forged govt insurance card.

Public schools are funded thorugh taxpayer dollars.

Public insurance option will not be.

Public schools are FREE to every person.

Public option is NOT FREE..(that is medicaid).

only thing an illegal has to do is produce the premium to BUY INTO the public option..

and I don't care if they are legal, illegal or from the planet Mars. If they are paying for the coverage then they should get it.

And remember.. the more people paying into it the stronger it is.. the stronger leverage it has..etc.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
LOL.. you're right.. thanks for the laugh.. no sense in shouting at a wall..
It was my pleasure.

Actually walls can actually absorb things, so I wouldn't go around insulting walls by comparison.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:43 PM

395 posts, read 510,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
outlined, you take it as gospel. You have a rude awakening coming when ALL of our taxes go up to fund this, which in turn funds the illegals.
When your taxes go up and you can prove that is being paid to fund it, then you can say something. Until then, you are just living in "MAYBE".

Old 09-10-2009, 05:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Oh Lawd, why do you people resite what someone else says before researching. I'll start you off with this homework assignment, medicare.
Are you claiming that illegals dont get to take part in medicare, medicade, social security etc?

Old 09-10-2009, 05:49 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,948,457 times
Quote:
Calworks...the way their getting around the welfare rule is the children. American children born of undocumented parents are entitled to welfare and the medicaid. The parents are not covered on the Medicaid, only the children, but of course they get the benefits of the checks.

* Illegal immigrants aren't entitled to welfare, called CalWORKs. But their citizen children are. Roughly 190,000 kids are receiving welfare checks that pass through their parents. The cost: about $500 million, according to the nonpartisan Legislative Analyst's Office.

And this excellent point is excatly why I believe the anchor brat =citizenship crap needs to end .. deport the kids with the parents .. and do not allow citizenship

Old 09-10-2009, 05:56 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Are you claiming that illegals dont get to take part in medicare, medicade, social security etc?

Thats exactly what i'm saying..Illegal Immigrants can not LEGALLY receive Social Security. Illegal Immigrants can ONLY receive welfare if they have a qualifying child AND ONLY that CHILD will receive the medical benefits. In the case of Welfare AFDC and Foodstamps, the benefit will come in the childs name in care of the parent HOWEVER the parent of course will benefit from it. I'll save you the trouble of asking for proof.

Social Security for Illegal Immigrants? | FactCheck.org

Old 09-10-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Supreme Court has already taken up this issue: By refusing to hear a case brought by opponets in CA. Result: The CA law stands (i.e. health care for illegals). It's the law.
Wrong, a STATE law can indeed be legal while a federal one indeed illegal, so while the Supreme Court refused to hear a case about a CA LAW, a national law is indeed a whole different ballpark..

Is this hard for people to understand?

Old 09-10-2009, 06:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
First, I'm fine with my taxes going up (both personal and corporate) to fund health care EVEN for illegals ( I kept the Christian teachings of my youth while jettisoning the fairy tale aspects).

As pointed out, I pay roughly $1,000 per year to fund illegals and the uninsured right now, at least with the public plan and mandates, the risk pool will be widened further reducing my cost.

Now regarding your supposition, if you can point to something in any of the proposed legislations which would even imply such a scenario in the face of Sections entitled "Sec. 246. No Federal payment for undocumented aliens." to substantiate your claim. I'm half eared.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Thats exactly what i'm saying..Illegal Immigrants can not LEGALLY receive Social Security. Illegal Immigrants can ONLY receive welfare if they have a qualifying child AND ONLY that CHILD will receive the medical benefits. In the case of Welfare AFDC and Foodstamps, the benefit will come in the childs name in care of the parent HOWEVER the parent of course will benefit from it. I'll save you the trouble of asking for proof.

Social Security for Illegal Immigrants? | FactCheck.org
I hate to show your wrong again, but immigrants can indeed receive Social Security, in fact there was a class action lawsuit filed because the government was delaying the status of those who received it.

http://www.ssa.gov/immigration/Kapla...rovalFinal.pdf

Even the Social Security website lists qualifications for non citizens to receive some benefits like SSI, Social Security Online - Immigration (social security Income) which include:

Noncitizens who have applied to become lawful permanent residents within four years from the date they began to receive SSI, as verified by the Department of Homeland Security; (which means that they can enter illegally, apply for SSI, and will continue to receive it for four years unless they apply to become a legal resident..)

They do not receive SS unless they pay into it, but illegal aliens can obtain a temporary tax numbers and use this number to pay into the program. I'll confess that its extremely rare, but it can and does happen. It wasnt that long ago that there was a big debate over them receive tax refunds for the earned income tax credits, (why many obtained the temporary tax numbers to begin with), I dont know if this loophole has been closed.

As for your statement about welfare, the requirements vary greatly state to state, as it should..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies