Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 06:16 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You already answered your own question

PS - if you haven't shopped at Wal-Mart, or Target in the last decade you would know that besides being a communist country, China happens to be are biggest trading partner and has been kind enough to purchase all those Treasury bonds so that we could do fun stuff like wage war in Iraq.
I always had the idea that a partnership involved a bit of reciprocity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:26 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I hate to show your wrong again, but immigrants can indeed receive Social Security, in fact there was a class action lawsuit filed because the government was delaying the status of those who received it.

http://www.ssa.gov/immigration/Kapla...rovalFinal.pdf

Even the Social Security website lists qualifications for non citizens to receive some benefits like SSI, Social Security Online - Immigration (social security Income) which include:

Noncitizens who have applied to become lawful permanent residents within four years from the date they began to receive SSI, as verified by the Department of Homeland Security; (which means that they can enter illegally, apply for SSI, and will continue to receive it for four years unless they apply to become a legal resident..)

They do not receive SS unless they pay into it, but illegal aliens can obtain a temporary tax numbers and use this number to pay into the program. I'll confess that its extremely rare, but it can and does happen. It wasnt that long ago that there was a big debate over them receive tax refunds for the earned income tax credits, (why many obtained the temporary tax numbers to begin with), I dont know if this loophole has been closed.

As for your statement about welfare, the requirements vary greatly state to state, as it should..
Goodness gracious, did you not read this? You are SO wrong that its pitiful. The onlything you've shown me is that your too busy in reactive mode and trying to be so smart, you forget to read and comprehend. ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS CAN NOT obtain SSI.

" On September 30, 2008, the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Extension for Elderly and Disabled Refugees Act was signed into law (P.L. 110-328). This law provides for up to two years of additional benefits for certain SSI recipients who had their benefits terminated due to the seven-year time limit.
The seven-year SSI eligibility period for refugees, asylees, and certain other humanitarian immigrants (including victims of human trafficking) is extended up to two years, or three years for certain individuals during the period October 1, 2008 through September 30, 2011. To qualify, otherwise eligible noncitizens are required to sign a declaration indicating that they have made a good faith effort to pursue U.S. citizenship unless they are under age 18 or have an application for naturalization that is pending or has been approved.
If all SSI eligibility requirements are met, the two-year extension may apply retroactively to noncitizens whose SSI previously ceased due to the expiration of the seven-year period, but not earlier than October 1, 2008 even if all eligibility factors are met before that date.

Which Noncitizens Are Eligible?
  • Noncitizens who have been lawful permanent residents for less than six consecutive years, as verified by the Department of Homeland Security;
  • Noncitizens who have applied to become lawful permanent residents within four years from the date they began to receive SSI, as verified by the Department of Homeland Security;
  • Cuban and Haitian entrants, as defined in section 501(e) of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980;
  • Noncitizens who have had their deportation withheld by the Secretary of Homeland Security under section 243(h) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (as in effect on December 31, 1996) or whose removal is withheld under section 241(b)(3) of such Act; and
  • Noncitizens who are younger than age 18, or age 70 or older.
The law also exempts from the time-limited SSI eligibility period (during the three-year window of October 1, 2008 through September 30, 2011) certain noncitizens if they have naturalization applications pending or if they are awaiting the citizenship swearing-in ceremony, as verified by the Department of Homeland Security. This exemption also applies to individuals with applications pending with the U. S. Citizen and Immigration Service (USCIS) who were previously rendered ineligible due to expiration of the seven-year period.
The benefit extension is effective from October 1, 2008 to September 30, 2011. After this date, noncitizen eligibility reverts to seven years.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
What's wrong, we buy their products they buy our debt! (Yes, I am being facetious).

I would be the first to see a serious change in our "reciprocal" relationship, but restarting the Cold War isn't what I had in mind. So I point out the fact that China is a bona fide power and regardless of any other issues is a recognized partner of the U.S. (and competitor) on a plethora of issues from trade to foreign policy. To not properly recognize China's anniversary by hoisting their flag on the South Lawn (not the White House) would be childish, insulting and counter productive.

Just say'in.
(who started that saying, it's stupid but fun)

Old 09-10-2009, 07:07 PM

94 posts, read 107,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Oh my god.. what is the matter with you.. LOL.. seriously.

It says in the bill that the abilityto PURCHASE INSURANCE can not be discriminated against based on status..

That means that YES.. an illegal CAN get the public option.

BUT IT IS NOT A FREE OPTION!!!!! THE PUBLIC IS NOT GETTING IT FOR FREE!!!!

THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO PURCHASE THE PUBLIC OPTION AS DOES EVERYONE ELSE.

What part of that do you NOT understand????

NOTHING in HR 3200 is giving ANYTHING away for FREE.. FREE MEDICAL CARE ALREADYEXISTS ...it's called MEDICAID!!!

This bill isn't about medicaid!! It's about HEALTH INSURANCE REFORM and making INSRANCE that is PURCHASED more affordable.
Whatever. Now, let's say 18 months after Obamacare goes into effect, it's bankrupt. And he has to stick more of our taxpayer dollars in there (bailout), we would end up paying for illegals anyway, because the stupid dems can't do anything right. The whole system is corrupt, but democrats are much more in your face with it, like who's going to stop them.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:07 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,679,606 times
it's not being raised on the south lawn either. it's not being raised anywhere on the white house grounds. the flag is going to be raised at the ellipse.

unfortunately this thread somehow got merged with a gigantic health care thread so the story i posted debunking this claim is pages & pages back.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
only if they do it by photoshopping the flag in will that ever happen.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Goodness gracious, did you not read this? You are SO wrong that its pitiful. The onlything you've shown me is that your too busy in reactive mode and trying to be so smart, you forget to read and comprehend. ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS CAN NOT obtain SSI.

" On September 30, 2008, the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Extension for Elderly andDisabled Refugees Act was signed into law (P.L. 110-328). This law provides for up to two years of additional benefits for certain SSI recipients who had their benefits terminated due to the seven-year time limit.
The seven-year SSI eligibility period for refugees, asylees, and certain other humanitarian immigrants (including victims of human trafficking) is extended up to two years, or three years for certain individuals during the period October 1, 2008 through September 30, 2011. To qualify, otherwise eligible noncitizens are required to sign a declaration indicating that they have made a good faith effort to pursue U.S. citizenship unless they are under age 18 or have an application for naturalization that is pending or has been approved.
Oh my god, you go and tell me that I'm wrong, and then you go and post proof positive that I'm correct..

I have bolded YOUR POSTING, do you see where it says NON CITIZENS can qualify?

Here, I found the SS webpage which actually says they can
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssi/sp...n-citizens.htm
An alien may be eligible for SSI if he or she meets the requirements of the laws for non–citizens that went into effect on August 22, 1996.

Last edited by pghquest; 09-10-2009 at 07:26 PM..

Old 09-10-2009, 07:19 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Are you claiming that illegals dont get to take part in medicare, medicade, social security etc?
Quote:
Oh my god, you go and tell me that I'm wrong, and then you go and post proof positive that I'm correct..

I have bolded YOUR POSTING, do you see where it says NON CITIZENS can qualify?

Here we go again. Instead of stating you were mistaken, you change up your wording..typical. I NEVER said NON-CITIZENS, the Judge NEVER said NON CITIZENS, the subject was ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. Get it together and stop....Nope i'm not gonna do it, i've already been accused of ATTACKING YOU PERSONALLY never mind the fact it was true.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:23 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post

PAY UP !!!

Old 09-10-2009, 07:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
According to Judge Andrew Napolitano, if the Federal government insures anyone it must also insure illegales.

He says that Obama knows this (or should). To not insure illegals would be unconstitutional, according to the law.

Therefore, Obama is either stupid (which I doubt) or he is lying. He wants you to believe that illegals will not be covered.

This threaed has been moved here. I have no idea why. It was a new thread.

Okay...moderators...what's going on? Why was this thread moved into this totally unrelated thread?
This thread was a new thread. It was moved by someone (had to be a moderator) and has nothing to do with the this thread. It had already received many responses as a new thread. Will anyone "own up to it"? Doubful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies