Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 09:28 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

It’s unbelievable that morals and ethics are not part of a conservative’s thought process; their minds must be wired differently. If conservatives profess a Christian point of view in life they sure have missed something that was being taught by Christ.

United Health Care CEO made 1.6 Billion dollars when he left the company. The CEO who took his place has now acquired $770 Million in stock options. I guess it’s ok to earn that amount of money if your business isn’t in the practice of denying claims, increasing premiums, and disallowing services to those in need of medical attention that have paid into the company. I can’t think of anyone who should receive [gross] “profits” at the cost of someone's health or life.

Maybe conservative Christian views are kept out of their political thoughts and practices? They may want the sick and ill to carry their own cross to the grave and die instead of giving them a hand with it. ,,,,,,,,,,, Although I just remembered business and corporations are a big part of the conservative political view, and what’s good for one is good for the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 09:48 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
It’s unbelievable that morals and ethics are not part of a conservative’s thought process; their minds must be wired differently. If conservatives profess a Christian point of view in life they sure have missed something that was being taught by Christ.

United Health Care CEO made 1.6 Billion dollars when he left the company. The CEO who took his place has now acquired $770 Million in stock options. I guess it’s ok to earn that amount of money if your business isn’t in the practice of denying claims, increasing premiums, and disallowing services to those in need of medical attention that have paid into the company. I can’t think of anyone who should receive [gross] “profits” at the cost of someone's health or life.

Maybe conservative Christian views are kept out of their political thoughts and practices? They may want the sick and ill to carry their own cross to the grave and die instead of giving them a hand with it. ,,,,,,,,,,, Although I just remembered business and corporations are a big part of the conservative political view, and what’s good for one is good for the other.
All you are doing is spreading unsubstantiated lies. The CEO did not "make" $1.6 billion when he left. You can verify this for yourself at the SEC website - sec.gov.

Think about this: You found a company. Pour your life into it. Sacrifice hours away from your family. Grow it. Take it public and eventually share it with other investors. When you retire as President and CEO,
do you think you should be able to sell your stock (which is really your equity in the company), or should you just give it away so some liberal whiny-*** doesn't cry about how you earned $1.6 billion dollars?

Think about it. Put yourself in that situation. Think about your house - would you give away the equity in your home if you sold it?

This liberal nonsense must end if there is any hope left for this country. You are not entitled to your neighbors checking account just because he has more than you. It is not a crime to make money. Just because somebody makes a lot of it does not make him or her a bad person. It is not up to you to decide what is a fair salary for somebody at the company they own. If you don't like it, don't buy their product or service. Form your own little company, charge lower prices, pay yourself scraps, donate your profits to poor kids in Africa or whatever else makes you sleep at night. Sing Kumbaya, eat tofu, worship the rainforest, or whatever else keeps you at peace with yourself.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:55 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Thumbs down google the links yourself ~ there's more!

McGuire's payday is a shame, if not a crime | StarTribune.com

yeah,,,, Bill McGuire had “options” that valued $1.6 billion, sorry that’s not his annual salary just options.

Quote:
"Dollar Bill" has made lots of news with cash-and-stock paydays that have topped $100 million in recent years -- and he's still sitting atop stock options valued at $1.6 billion. McGuire's admiring outside board members -- 10 of whom have become millionaires through the sale of their own appreciated stock in recent years -- have defended his league-leading compensation on grounds that the giant health insurer's stock price has been a superb performer.
Stephen J. Hemsley Profile - Forbes.com

Stephen Hemsley ,,, yeah Hemsley also has some options above his annual salary.
Options:
Value of unexercised options currently exercisable $662,546,318.00
Value of unexercised options currently unexercised $81,685,750.00

Old 09-20-2009, 06:07 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
I wonder when conservative Wealthy Worshippers will object to the bloated wages of execs????

When 50% of their salaries go to health care insurance?

75% ? 90% ?

Right now it can...there's nothing stopping insurance companies from charging what ever they want. There is no OPTION if you disagree with their charges.

Maybe the Wealthy Worshippers will change their minds when they or a loved one dies because the insurance companies need to make EXCESSIVE profits to help pay one or two people enough money to support a small country.

I can't believe they're that stupid but maybe just haven't checked the stats on things like how much exec salaries and health care insurance costs have gone up in the last few years and how much wages for average Americans haven't .

Old 09-20-2009, 06:15 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
so my question to liberal health insurance backers is this (since i know not all liberals favor the health care plan):

if you are against insurance companies getting so much money, why are you pushing MANDATORY health insurance on all of us?

Old 09-20-2009, 06:43 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
so my question to liberal health insurance backers is this (since i know not all liberals favor the health care plan):

if you are against insurance companies getting so much money, why are you pushing MANDATORY health insurance on all of us?
To make sure everyone pays their share. We all pay in some way for those who don't have health care insurance.

Having an option of who we get health care insurance from gives the existing insurance companies competition.....so maybe to keep those profits lookin' good they might just want to trim a little off the top instead of raping the average American.

The economy will NOT recover if more and more wages go to health insurance especially while wages stagnate or go down. If most of your wages go to health care insurance it doesn't leave much to do anything else.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:42 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

The only plan I back is H.R. 676. All liberals don't think alike.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:58 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
washingtonpost.com

Old 09-20-2009, 10:52 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:

You sound a bit mixed up, makes one wonder how well you understand what Christ taught. I, as a Christian Conservative, would be fine if the insurance companies were no longer needed and therefore out of business. If the market were aloud to work like it could and should, Insurance companies would not be in the position they are now. when you have fewer options those few options become very wealthy, if you dont like that, then you need to create an atmosphere with more options. Has nothing to do with ones Christian views, although I understand you cant pass up the opportunity for a little bigotry in the process.............

Old 09-20-2009, 12:20 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:

First of all, not all conservatives profess a christian point of view. I don't attend church, but am very conservative.

Concerning ethics and morals, did you know that conservatives give to charity far more often than liberals? They actually practice what they preach, instead of only talking about what's moral and ethical.

I'm thinking that if there was more money in the average citizens' pocket, conservatives would give money to help the less fortunate with regards to health care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies