Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 10:50 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yet you and your fellow 'bots keep insisting that it is.

are you calling bammers a liar?
No. He's entitled to his perception. I have a very different perception of the rhetoric of hate written all over the Internet every day, and shouted out at townhall meetings and by one in Congress, as well as what the intended message is when people come to political rallies with GUNS strapped to their legs. Lunacy, ignorance, and racism, IMO, are the foundations of such expressions.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:53 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,810,071 times
hey, if I was the President, I would be like, 'that's all you can find wrong with me, I'm black? I'm must be doing pretty damn good and have nothing to worry about from people like you' Most people aren't like this though, I mean most people that are against him are genuinely so, I however am for him and genuinely for him, not for freebies or handouts to people who don't want to do anything, this is about peoples lives, and whether or not we are going to help those less fortunate...but through conversations with people that are against him, it is for heartfelt reasons as well. Even if you don't like Pelosi, you have to admit she believes in her causes

Old 09-18-2009, 10:59 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Even though I lean liberal, I think Richard Nixon deserves much more credit than he has been given. He got us out of Vietnam and straightened out an economy suffering from runaway inflation.

I'll give him credit for opening the door with China, ignoring them made no sense. Vietnam however, I remember reading some time ago, and I'm not going digging through that can of worms again, there was some pretty compelling evidence from former staff, memos, etc. the end of the war was manipulated to benefit the re-election campaign. That would make him one of history's true monsters.

Last edited by burdell; 09-18-2009 at 11:12 AM..

Old 09-18-2009, 10:59 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Nancy well remembers what happened in San Francisco when the rhetoric of hate reached such a fevered pitch. The mayor and Harvey Milk were assassinated. Not only Nancy but a whole lot of us are afraid that these irresponsible people who are continuing to rachet up the hate spilling out across this country are going to end up with a lot of blood on their hands before this is over.
Actually, the whole Milk killing was a workplace situation that has become a cause for gay rights because Milk was gay. It was tragic, but Milk was not killed because he was gay, he just happened to be gay.

And if you truly want to stop the hate speech, you might want to address Pelosi and her friends on the Left directly - they've spewed some of the most hateful and insulting accusations I've heard lately.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:02 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
lol yea yea w/e in all seriousness though, I do think she is a lovely genuine lady with a deep passion for peace
And I think she's pure evil, with a deep passion for lining her own pocketbook.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:03 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
No. He's entitled to his perception. I have a very different perception of the rhetoric of hate written all over the Internet every day, and shouted out at townhall meetings and by one in Congress, as well as what the intended message is when people come to political rallies with GUNS strapped to their legs. Lunacy, ignorance, and racism, IMO, are the foundations of such expressions.
he's entitled to his perception, but we conservatives are not entitled to ours.

double standard, much?

and why are you still pooping your pantaloons over some black guy - who brought a gun that most definitely was not strapped to his back [why this non-existant 'strapping' has you worked into such a lather, i'll never understand] ? if you don't agree with arizona's open-carry law, why don't you take it up with their state legislature?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/20..._obama_gun.jpg

Old 09-18-2009, 11:11 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
he's entitled to his perception, but we conservatives are not entitled to ours.

double standard, much?

and why are you still pooping your pantaloons over some black guy - who brought a gun that most definitely was not strapped to his back [why this non-existant 'strapping' has you worked into such a lather, i'll never understand] ? if you don't agree with arizona's open-carry law, why don't you take it up with their state legislature?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/20..._obama_gun.jpg
"double standard, much"? What???

The people I have seen on TV who attended various political rallies across the country are white people. Specifically, last night I saw film of a white guy with a gun strapped to his leg. Is there another way to describe a gun holstered to someone's leg?

I don't care about Arizon's open-carry law.......I'm talking about common sense. When people carry guns to political rallies there is ONLY ONE interpretation which can be made as to what the message is......VIOLENCE. No, I am not a supporter of taking your guns away from you either.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:43 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I honestly don't know.

I do know that HLN's Jane Velequez Mitchell has been frantic over 'violence against women' --she said women should march in the street until society understands that this will not be tolerated. 'If men were being killed as violently, frequently as women then there would be a dramatic response from lawmakers.', etc

If you really have nothing to say --don't say anything.
Men are the victims of violence all the time. Number one profile of a murder victim is young, black and male. Some 58,000 young men died in Viet Nam, not women, men. In wars all over the world and throughout history, young men die. This isn't an issue for most people because males have traditionally been viewed as disposable. Since Ms. Mitchell doesn't appear to be raising a stink about male deaths, she would seem to be in the disposable male crowd.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:46 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Pelosi can see the end of the tunnel and the end of her power and job. That MUST be frightening for her---poor women.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:50 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I have already stated that I think it is sheer lunacy for people to bring guns to any political event..........the word "people" includes all HUMANS.

Go to MSNBC for pictures of white guys carrying guns at political rallies. Chris Matthews "Hardball" show in particular.

Yes, I saw the video of the black panthers with guns. I still find it not only irresponsible but, as I said, sheer lunacy for PEOPLE to bring guns to political events. It is, IMO, a receipe for violence, tradegy, and disaster. There's a good reason why it is not "polite" to discuss politics or religion at social events........topics are too hot!

Btw, calling a woman "hysterical" is soooo obviously patriarchal and such a sad effort to "stop" her. LOL Doesn't work on me. How are things over at stormfront these days? What do those guys have planned next? And how are those PLEs working out for them?
CNN would not show the black man with a gun on his hip, they just showed his gun and made it seem like he was white. No face shots.

What if a woman called another woman hysterical. Is that patriarchal? just checking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies