Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:39 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times

Advertisements

Here this video its much more clear , hear our cry Obama

YouTube - 08ActionAtUnitedHealth 0001
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 09:41 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Oh yes of course because the only possible thing they could be saying is "Obama" it's not at all possible that someone put the words on the screen and you heard them because that's what you wanted to hear.

You just can't face it can you?

Why doesn't the President come out a squash this stuff himself? You know that he knows about it! Tell these folks that it's out of line!

Old 09-29-2009, 09:43 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

Ok let me listen again.

yeah I still hear "O God" maybe it's my ears.
That's what I hear, too.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Why doesn't the President come out a squash this stuff himself? You know that knows about it! Tell these folks that it's out of line!
WHAT??

Did you know about this meeting before today? How do you know that President Obama knows about it?

And why on earth should the President of the United States inject himself into how people worship or pray or chant or whatever else they want to do? Did you forget about the separation clause in the constitution?

Old 09-29-2009, 09:46 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You just can't face it can you?

Why doesn't the President come out a squash this stuff himself? You know that knows about it! Tell these folks that it's out of line!

Why do I need to face it? I didn't hear it on the link you posted - do you want me to pretend I did just so you can feel validated that some people are crazy? I already knew that some people were crazy - I don't need to see a video to prove it.

There has always been crazy people; there has always been people who worship other people, there always will be. I don't understand the sudden need to put crazy up front and center. Let's all listen to the crazy people!

Why does the president need to respond to it all? I would prefer he didn't even acknowledge it then maybe the media would stop giving crazy people their 10 seconds of fame. IMO if he would stop responding to such nonsense then he could spend more time talking about things that I'm really concerned about instead of the idiotic ramblings of people who cannot think for themselves.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:49 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Disgusting. I would hope that Obama himself would decry this. If he's the Christian that he says he is, surely he knows a thing or two about bearing false witness and idolotry.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:49 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times
Honestly, I don't hear 'Obama' either. It sounds more like 'O God'. Sometimes in church the members say things in unison, and the congregation will say something in unison as a response to the pastor.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:54 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Honestly, I don't hear 'Obama' either. It sounds more like 'O God'. Sometimes in church the members say things in unison, and the congregation will say something in unison as a response to the pastor.
yeah we did that at my grandparents church. I can't remember what it's called but there was this one part that where a deacon would say one verse and the congregation say the next. When I was a kid we used to have fun by saying different words

Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post

Interesting what the power of suggestion (repeatedly superimposing the misheard words in text on the screen) can do.

The Gamaliel Foundation is a religiously-based organization of 1,600 congregations throughout the U.S. They don't pray to people, they pray to G-d.

Gamaliel Foundation -- Health Care for All (http://www.gamaliel.org/Issues/IssueWork/HealthCare.htm - broken link)

The Gamaliel Foundation and Religious Leaders Call for Health Care Reform (http://www.gamaliel.org/Printshop/GNCCtheologicalStatementHealthCare8.5x11(4%20pages ).pdf - broken link)

Old 09-29-2009, 10:00 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,874 times
Default true colors

Holly bejeezus. Serious? Right at 48 seconds, she says, "and the prophet Martin Luther King Jr said..." He's a great man and all but prophet. Wow.

YouTube - Cyndi Lauper "True Colors"

so don't be afraid to let them show
your true colors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies