Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 05:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

They have a legal right to ask that the flags be removed from the property. The request though from the car, that one would be very questionable but might still be legal since they are parking them on private parking. Everyone should move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 05:17 PM

487 posts, read 636,762 times
How dare they fly American flags in Aztlan..

Old 10-13-2009, 05:17 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Again my idea that not one single piece of America soil should be owned by anyone who is not a natural born American citizen.

If you are not natural born you do not have a right to own any American property period.
Legal immigrants, including the post WW2 generation, can never own a home?
Quote:
Someone is posting in another forum that the idiot who owns this property is not American. Guess we will find out soon and see how we can get them deported.
Apartment bans U.S. flags
It appears the problem is with the new property manager not with the owner.
When the paper contacted the owner, Stan Keller, he said the policy pertained only to flags flying from any of the 188 units and not to vehicles.
Later, Barb Holcomb [the property manager] clarified that Keller is responsible for maintenance of the building while she addresses issues relating to tenants.
I suspect Barb may soon be looking for a new job.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:18 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,147,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Apartment residents told to take down U.S. flags | KATU.com - News, Weather and Sports - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional
They're even telling people to take the flags off their cars. Most are ignoring the order and challenging management's decision. Good for them.
Kudo's to all of them for fighting to keep Ole Glory fliying . The manager better be braceing themselves for a fight in court if its not in thier leases. I'm retired 21 yrs military, and I'd tell the manager to pack sand.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:20 PM

23 posts, read 31,308 times
Quote:
Resident we talked to who had been approached to take down their flags all told us the same thing: that management told them the flags could be offensive because they live in a diverse community.
Uh what?

If anyone living in the U.S has an issue with our flag they can leave.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:23 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Again my idea that not one single piece of America soil should be owned by anyone who is not a natural born American citizen.

If you are not natural born you do not have a right to own any American property period.

Someone is posting in another forum that the idiot who owns this property is not American. Guess we will find out soon and see how we can get them deported.
do you realize what you just said!!!!!

all white people must leave...and give back this land to the Natives

Old 10-13-2009, 05:24 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
This is bad No, this is INSANE. This is America.

Is the Left getting hyper-radical

Old 10-13-2009, 05:31 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwhateverdude View Post
Uh what?

If anyone living in the U.S has an issue with our flag they can leave.
you must be from Native American descent...Ah! those settlers....they showed respect for themselves only...
Hapi ThsGivn'

Old 10-13-2009, 05:32 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
i just read this, which made me laugh:

Jann Carson, the associate director of the ACLU of Oregon, said that Clausen and other tenants' civil rights are not being violated with the anti-flag rule.

it didn't take long for the ACLU to determine that no civil rights were violated....

i also think gary may be right and barb may be looking for a new job soon.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:32 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,219,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Everyone should display flags everywhere even if youbare not the type to display one. Just the fact these left winger anti-American whiners (who happen to feed their bigoted faces here) demand you take flags down is reason enough to put as many in their putrid faces as possible!
Why do you assume it is leftwingers who have changed the flag policy? I fly my American flag every day and it's bigger than any in the pix in that story.

I WAS, however, formally cited by my HOA for a political campaign sign in my yard during the 2004 election. Mine was the only one cited. Mine was the only one in the neighborhood out of 32 presidential yard signs that was for the democrat.

If I lived there, I would get the word out to encourage everyone to fly the flag. Maybe even buy 100 of those small ones and distribute them.......
Attached Thumbnails
American flags banned at apartment complex-2.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies