Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 09:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
What a freking outrageous lie and joke this statement makes. Until FOX, for 40 years the american public had to see through and end around, the Cronkites, The Blathers, The Donahues. Finally, when a news media comes along that not only reports fair and balanced news but tells the truth about the outrageous bulls..t the liberal media has been feeding the folks all these years and the crybabyies come whining out of the closets. Get a life!
How funny, I think you've ended every reply to one of my posts with "Get a life!"

So, did you read the editorial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 09:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Do you admire and defend all junkies who have to be forced off drugs, or just only this one?
He wasn't forced to do anything. I guess you've never had a relative/friend/acquaintance that had an addiction to legal drugs. You make it seem like hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people in the US have not had the very same problem.

Can you imagine trying to kick it while under the media spotlight and listening to harpies gleefully enjoy your pain, as Rush has had to do on a daily basis.

You would think people might be a little generous and forgiving for those who have had the courage to kick the habit.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
What a freking outrageous lie and joke this statement makes. Until FOX, for 40 years the american public had to see through and end around, the Cronkites, The Blathers, The Donahues. Finally, when a news media comes along that not only reports fair and balanced news but tells the truth about the outrageous bulls..t the liberal media has been feeding the folks all these years and the crybabyies come whining out of the closets. Get a life!
Don't worry - that Newsweek piece is from a far-left nutjob hater - he has an audience among the same.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
CM and KO, I thought it was because they were fighting like little boys and had to be separated.
Uh...no. They were removed due to their inherent and blatant bias.

NBC said it would not be appropriate for them to lead in the convention coverage.

How embarrassing was that? First time I have EVER seen anything like that happen.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He wasn't forced to do anything. I guess you've never had a relative/friend/acquaintance that had an addiction to legal drugs. You make it seem like hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people in the US have not had the very same problem.

Can you imagine trying to kick it while under the media spotlight and listening to harpies gleefully enjoy your pain, as Rush has had to do on a daily basis.

You would think people might be a little generous and forgiving for those who have had the courage to kick the habit.
His name was on a list of buyers of black market drugs and someone ratted him out, maybe that hapless maid. He was forced to give up his drugs which he wouldnt have done if the police hadnt interposed themselves between him and them.
"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. ... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up," Limbaugh said on his short-lived television show on Oct. 5, 1995.

During the same show, he commented that the statistics that show blacks go to prison more often than whites for the same drug offenses only illustrate that "too many whites are getting away with drug use."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,99731,00.html

Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
His name was on a list of buyers of black market drugs and someone ratted him out, maybe that hapless maid. He was forced to give up his drugs which he wouldnt have done if the police hadnt interposed themselves between him and them.
Funny, I don't hear you screeching about all the drug-addicted, legal and otherwise, addicts from liberal Hollywood.

And let us not forget, the current president was a user of illegal drugs, cocaine and pot.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Funny, I don't hear you screeching about all the drug-addicted, legal and otherwise, addicts from liberal Hollywood.

And let us not forget, the current president was a user of illegal drugs, cocaine and pot.
If they're hypocritical about it I'll screech.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
How funny, I think you've ended every reply to one of my posts with "Get a life!"

So, did you read the editorial?
You know, I once got an infraction for saying "get a life" to a conservative. I don't get it.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:13 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
"Not by choice". LMAO! I'd like to see a con say that about a liberal when it comes to addiction! I think I"ll bookmark this post!
That's right, it wasn't by choice. It was for back pain. I don't think Rush is the type who would take drugs for "fun."

Old 10-19-2009, 11:17 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So what is your point that Rush, an Oxycontin drug addict, went through rehab before the drug killed him but after his drug addiction caused his complete hearing loss?

BTW, those Oxycontins were obtained illegally.

How is Rush coping with his "back pain" now? I see a lot of pictures of him golfing during and after his addiction.
Yes, that is what I am saying. He was able to beat his addiction. Unlike many others, including well known celebrities (and, yes, liberals).

Don't know how he is coping with his back pain. I watch/listen to Bill O'Reilly more than I do Rush. Are you trying to say that he never had the back pain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies