Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2009, 02:50 PM

24,522 posts, read 33,396,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Lol, and I wouldn't compare a grotesque hate radio puppet to a hollywood entertainer, although Rush probably has his delusions of grandeur. Wasnt he convicted of the federal offense doctor shopping?, he had as much oxycontin as Jackson had of Diprivan...too bad MJ died, and Rush didn't od, where is the justice?
You can't really compare the two because Jackson was taking more than Diprivan. He was also taking:

Oxycontin (painkiller)
Demerol (painkiller)
Percocet (painkiller)
Ramelteon (sedative)
Zaleplon (sedative)
Eszopiclone (sedative)
Zolpidem (sedative)
Palladone (painkiller)
Luvox (antidepressant)
Dexedrine (stimulant)
Prozac (antidepressant)
Aminorex (stimulant)
Desoxyn (stimulant)
Didrex (stimulant)
Celebrex (anti-inflammatory)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 PM

30,209 posts, read 18,779,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Any news organization that took its responsibilities seriously would take pains to cover presidential criticism fairly. It would regard doing so as itself a test of integrity. At Fox, by contrast, complaints of unfairness prompt only hoots of derision and demands for "evidence" that, when presented, is brushed off and ignored.
Rather than in any way maturing, Fox has in recent months become more boisterous and demagogic.
What's most distinctive about the American press is not its freedom but its century-old tradition of independence—that it serves the public interest rather than those of parties, persuasions, or pressure groups.....For Murdoch, Ailes, and company, "fair and balanced" is a necessary lie. To admit that their coverage is slanted by design would violate the American understanding of the media's role in democracy and our idea of what constitutes fair play. But it's a demonstrable deceit that no longer deserves equal time.
Why Fox News Is Un-American | Newsweek Newsweek Voices - Jacob Weisberg | Newsweek.com
The Pugh Trust found that Fox was the most objective in covering the presidential race. Even Hillary Clinton felt she had better treatment from FOX than the rest of the media.

The reason that the Obama adminstration hates FOX is the same reason that Hitler hated the Munich Post- it was the last voice of opposition. The rest of the media has ceased to report news and has become a propaganda tool for Obama. Emanuel cannot stand that anyone has the audacity (of hope) to question the Fuhrer and continues to attack FOX. Does any lib find it a little disturbing that a president spends so much time attacking a news network? Can you think of any other president that has done this? Bammer makes Nixon's enemies list look relatively sane in comparison.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:45 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,054,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
If you actually take the team to ready your own posts.... Emanuel says that Fox has a different perspective, a different (take on the news).

Axlerod says it's really not news. It's pushing a point of view, but understanding that they represent a "point of view".

per·spec·tive: Subjective evaluation of relative significance; a point of view

perspective - definition of perspective by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Sounds basically the same to me like I said earlier.
Well, what words would you expect them to use? Do you think Emmanuel and Axelrod had never thought about his before? I don't get what you think is so, well, sinister about them both saying similar things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Still curious what delusianne has to say about post #214. (Should be fun).
I don't know what delu thinks about it, but I posted what I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
White House vs. FOX News: Round Five: The Swamp

An "enemies list". Isn't that something we'd see in dictatorships and oppressive nations like...Iran, Venezuela, Myanymar, N. Korea.....etc, etc, etc?
Nixon

Old 10-20-2009, 06:48 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,188,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
I don't see much difference between any of the cable news channels. They are all mouthpieces for one side or another. On CNN, they're the "touchy-feely" channel, all concerned about minorities and the downtrodden. And they want you to follow them on twitter, blogs etc. One big commercial.
As far as the press examining itself, this applies to newspapers, news magazines and all other sources of "news". Fox does just as well as the others. They're all slanted.
That "century-old tradition" of the press being independent is just a memory.

Ha ha...good ones. CNN - it has so much "flash and graph" that it makes me nauseous to watch it. It's almost like all they want to do is distract you with the "WOW" factor...Dude! Look how cool we are! News? what News? What's "News" ? Hey - check out this awesome holograph!

As far as Fox is concerned, I'll consider it "fair and balanced" the day I see Sean Hannity sitting in the same room, at the same time, debating the same subjectwith Keith Olberman. I also get a boot out of the blond that likes to snarl and roll her eyes childishly at every comment she finds that she doesn't agree with (can't remember her name, but rest assured, she ain't ugly...).

I view them strictly from the entertainment aspect. I can't keep a straight face watching either of them.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:03 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,637,322 times
Censor the Other news channel first, then censor the internet and control what the people read, then start with the popular shows and do the little voluenteer scenes then get into praising the government.

Just wait and see if our Federal Government doesn't start trying to go this route and indoctorinate the public.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,051,418 times
Obama's offical enemies list ;right out of the Nixon play book.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 PM

94 posts, read 107,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Censor the Other news channel first, then censor the internet and control what the people read, then start with the popular shows and do the little voluenteer scenes then get into praising the government.

Just wait and see if our Federal Government doesn't start trying to go this route and indoctorinate the public.
I do watch Fox and CNN both. I would be upset if Obama treated CNN the same way he does Fox. Although, his opinion on anything that really matters I totally disregard, the very fact he is trying to censor the media, in any way what so ever is so disturbing, I do tend to believe he is going to try and turn us into Cuba. He will fail, of course, but he won't care about destroying the country as a means to his ends. There are too many good people in America, and I know that bothers Liberals, we like freedom of the press, even if we don't agree with what they say.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:48 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,751,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Any news organization that took its responsibilities seriously would take pains to cover presidential criticism fairly. It would regard doing so as itself a test of integrity. At Fox, by contrast, complaints of unfairness prompt only hoots of derision and demands for "evidence" that, when presented, is brushed off and ignored.
Rather than in any way maturing, Fox has in recent months become more boisterous and demagogic.
What's most distinctive about the American press is not its freedom but its century-old tradition of independence—that it serves the public interest rather than those of parties, persuasions, or pressure groups.....For Murdoch, Ailes, and company, "fair and balanced" is a necessary lie. To admit that their coverage is slanted by design would violate the American understanding of the media's role in democracy and our idea of what constitutes fair play. But it's a demonstrable deceit that no longer deserves equal time.
Why Fox News Is Un-American | Newsweek Newsweek Voices - Jacob Weisberg | Newsweek.com
Newsweek subscribes to the Journalistic Code of Ethics qualifying them as Journalists. Fox does not

More From the 3rd Party

Old 10-20-2009, 09:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,349,707 times
Default delusianne I am tired

I loved reading that Newsweek piece by the guy who wrote the book about the Bush Tragedy. Yep, that is just how Newsweek sounded during the Bush years and now all of a sudden they are the ethical ones. That article is so full of out right Pelosi that I can't believe you even linked it to us. The man had the guts to order Mara Liasson, my favorite on Fox News Sunday, to get off the show. It is obvious that he just isn't very fair minded when he does that kind of trick. The woman contributes so much to that show and I have loved watching her every Sunday for 5 years. I really miss Brit Hume when he isn't there but I nearly turn it off when Liasson isn't there.

OK, I have read your article, finally, and don't hold much with your man.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:14 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,054,432 times
My favorite passage from the Newsweek article:

And weepy Glenn Beck has begun to exhibit a Strangelovean concern about government invading our bloodstream by vaccinating people for swine flu. With this misinformation campaign, Fox stands to become the first network to actively try to kill its viewers.

Too true! I didn't realize Beck was opposed to swine flu immunization. If even one person doesn't take the vaccine because of him, and then dies of swine flu, Beck will have a lot on his hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies