Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Glen Beck Nuts?
Yes 123 32.80%
No 252 67.20%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:10 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Maybe this will help, although he does not use the word worst, he uses the word crappy

July 23, 2009
GLENN: Oh, boy. And they don't. He wants to make sure everybody has the best healthcare, and they don't. No, he's not. He is ‑‑ because there are some like President Obama that has incredible healthcare. There are others who have really good healthcare, others who have okay healthcare, some who have poor healthcare and some who have no healthcare. However, they do have access to healthcare for free, okay? So everybody has some form of healthcare. He can't make sure that everybody has the best healthcare because would anybody agree that Medicaid or Medicare is access to the best healthcare? It's not. You know it and I know it. What he's trying to do is make sure that everybody has the ‑‑ except for him and congress ‑‑ the same level of crappy healthcare. Why? Why would you do that? Well, there's two reasons. One I will get to after the top of the hour, which is reparations. The second reason that he would like everybody to have crappy healthcare is it's not as important for everybody to have crappy healthcare as it is for the people who can make money who are in his pocket or they are in his pocket, one way or the other, that they are playing the same game, people like GE. People like the healthcare administrators that did come and see him, more importantly those who have lobbyists and, most importantly, unions. That they make money. This is about control, power, manipulation. This has nothing to do with healthcare. If you want to fix healthcare, "Well, our hospitals are failing." What's the easiest way to fix the hospitals failing? First thing you do is... anybody? Has anybody been to the hospital lately? I was just at the hospital just over vacation. I was at the hospital, and I know the first thing that came to mind waiting in the waiting room. Anybody?
PAT: Illegal aliens?

GLENN: Illegal aliens.

PAT: Yeah, yeah.

GLENN: Illegal aliens.

PAT: Wild stab.

GLENN: Nobody spoke English in the waiting room. And I waited two hours to get in to see the doctor at the emergency room. Two hours. Okay, I have no problem, but are these people who are here legally or illegally? Stu, you were just at the hospital with your wife the other day.

I hope this helps. I think you get the drift of his dialogue. I am not here to discuss health care - just whether he is nuts or not
Did you actually read this before you pasted it? Nowhere in here does he say our system IS crappy. He says that President Obama wants to be sure we all have access to a crappy system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
This one get's closer than anything anyone else posted, and it still doesn't get to Beck saying that we have one of the worst health care systems in the world. A few clips, cut completely out of context so we can't see what the message actually was, of him saying that recovering from illness or injury in America is difficult.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
"would anybody agree that Medicaid or Medicare is access to the best healthcare? It's not. You know it and I know it." Glenn Beck July 23, 2009

Old 10-22-2009, 10:29 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Did you actually read this before you pasted it? Nowhere in here does he say our system IS crappy. He says that President Obama wants to be sure we all have access to a crappy system.

Are you in love with this guy or what. Come on - can you read the rantings of a crazy man or see these videos and think this guy is stable? I give up.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:33 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
"would anybody agree that Medicaid or Medicare is access to the best healthcare? It's not. You know it and I know it." Glenn Beck July 23, 2009
Anyone in their right mind knows that Medicare and Medicaid does not grant access to the best health care.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:35 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Anyone in their right mind knows that Medicare and Medicaid does not grant access to the best health care.
So how does that match up with the 'we have the best health care system' claims?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Are you in love with this guy or what. Come on - can you read the rantings of a crazy man or see these videos and think this guy is stable? I give up.
No, I'm not in love with him at all. I've actually never even seen his show. But I do like the truth. I responded to the assertion that Mr. Beck once said we have one of the worlds worst health care systems. I asked for proof of that statement. Your posting was clearly not anywhere remotely close to such proof. You can act indignant and frustrated all you want, but it's clearly just frustration that some people don't agree with you. Do you want to take another stab at providing proof? Or is that what you're giving up on, because you can't find it?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Nice quote. Again, it doesn't come close to Beck saying that health care in america is among the worst in the world.
By the way, Did you read it in context? He says that everyone in America has access to some form of healthcare, that those who have access to Medicare & Medicaid have decent healthcare but that it can't be called the best, because the best would be what the President has, which is a doctor following him around all day. I'm not sure what you thought it was supposed to prove.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
So how does that match up with the 'we have the best health care system' claims?
Most of us aren't on Medicare and Medicaid so all this does is keep from dragging our system down.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:53 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
It doesn't and I never said we did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies