Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 11:52 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Should Black Males be Mad When Whites Stereotype Them Because of Their Higher Crime Statistics? (racism, crime rates)

The wording makes this a particularly interesting question.

IMHO, they SHOULD be mad - I would be - but as we have seen, getting mad can be Dangerous to Your Health. Worse, you could end up dead while your shooter walks.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:45 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
No. Blacks stereotype those people out too.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:02 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
I see the left stereotyping Tea Partiers by the actions of their worst members.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:03 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,233 times
Oh lord

Old 06-11-2012, 01:33 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,799,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxVolunteer23 View Post
Your kinda right, cause white thugs are easier to spot. The way they dress and talk is deviant from the white norm. Black thugs dress and talk like most black kids. Millions of black youth that have never broke a law in there life dress like thugs we see on TV killing and robbing people, and than get angry when they get stereotyped as one. If you don't want to be stereotyped as a thug don't dress like a rapper than talking about murdering people. White guys that dress like that get stereotyped too. Much of it is stuff the person being stereotyped themselves has the ability to control.
That's so freaking true. By the way I get so mad when talking to some white kids who complain about not being able to find a job while having multiple piercings in their faces, tattos on their hands and necks. WTF? Who do you think is going to employ you with that image?
You want to be stereotyped as stoner that your problem. Same with a lot of Black kids. You want to looked like a gangsta then don't be surprised you are being treated like one and can't get a job.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:38 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,799,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Sometimes even when young Black people, especially males, don't dress like thugs, they can get stereotyped anyway. It has happened to me. I was in a mall, dressed in a suit. I went to a bookstore to get some time alone. I was the only Black person in that bookstore. Most of the White kids there were dressed like skateboarders. I was the one who got followed around in the bookstore. Apparently, the clerk thought I was going to steal something. Why she would suspect such a thing out of me, it boggled my mind. I basically left and said to myself "I'm never coming here again and I'm not buying from here either". I didn't dress like a stereotype and I still got treated like one.

Do young Black men have to dress like business men in order not to be stereotyped?
And you think whites don't get stereotyped? Not everyone belongs to that country club, my friend. And believe it or not, many times by.... Black security guards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies