Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 10:25 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,019,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
NO, this is inexcusable behavior! Kids doing something stupid is normal but this is out and out robbery! So "60" kids have a grudge maybe against the owner; well maybe those kids go in and shop lift and create problems if your theory is true and were told to stay out. However, I doubt this very much.

Kids setting fire to a taco shop? Again, NOT stupidity but creating a very dangerous situation, which is known as arson!
I'm not excusing the behavior; someone asked for justification, I'm providing possible justifications, whether you or I agree with them or not, they're quite plausible.

More likely, the manager has treated black kids poorly in some way. Maybe it was something trivial, like treating them like they were criminals, so they decided to actually act like criminals. I'm telling you now, the large number of kids involved suggests payback and a strategy to this. But in any case, blaming it on Obama strikes me as short sighted and quite frankly, a bit racist. If some white folks robbed a bank under Bush, nobody would ever say "uh oh, Bush caused this!!".

It's a sad state of affairs when people are jumping to conclusions by comparing the color of our President's skin to those of people committing crimes.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:28 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Did you see this type of stuff going on before Obama?

Answer is no.

If you cannot see the aggressive behavior of "some" people growing then you need to take off your blinders.

I did not blame him personally, I do blame him for sending out the wrong message causing the aggressive behavior of some.

Hate, there you go again using that word. Stop using your hate excuses, they do not work.

The truth hurts doesn't it?
This could be the silliest argument in the history of c-d. You don't blame him personally. OK? But you blame his message (which didn't come from him personally).

LQTM. I'll bite What is this "wrong message" that persuaded 60 school kids to raid a convenience store?

Please...tell me the (your) truth....

Old 10-25-2009, 10:30 AM

479 posts, read 879,339 times
Yes its mass shoplifting and its used to confuse and overwhelm the employees. Its always as a second video by another poster shows a bunch of teens who want a bunch a junk food or munchies.Its wrong and is a crime but its been going on for ages now. This is not some Obama plot and its much better than someone strong-arming a grocery store with a weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
NO, this is inexcusable behavior! Kids doing something stupid is normal but this is out and out robbery! So "60" kids have a grudge maybe against the owner; well maybe those kids go in and shop lift and create problems if your theory is true and were told to stay out. However, I doubt this very much.

Kids setting fire to a taco shop? Again, NOT stupidity but creating a very dangerous situation, which is known as arson!

Old 10-25-2009, 10:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Anything Obama does has no effect on anyone under 18, people. And no, I don't care about their parents.
Not true, anything ALL politicians do has a huge effect upon those under 18 because its those under 18 that are being asked to pay for our current day spending. Not explaining the actions, just correcting your error.

Last edited by pghquest; 10-25-2009 at 10:53 AM..

Old 10-25-2009, 10:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
Yes its mass shoplifting and its used to confuse and overwhelm the employees. Its always as a second video by another poster shows a bunch of teens who want a bunch a junk food or munchies.Its wrong and is a crime but its been going on for ages now. This is not some Obama plot and its much better than someone strong-arming a grocery store with a weapon.
And if one of these individuals had a gun and shot an employee, all 50-60 participants in the "armed" robbery would go to jail for armed robbery and murder.

All actions have consequences and I find your claim that "this is much better" almost pathetic.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:37 AM

873 posts, read 1,804,104 times
That's an insult to the animal kingdom. Watch the video. It's the SAME species that is seen regularly on network TV committing the majority of violent crimes in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
What a bunch of animals.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:38 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Desperate times, desperate measures.

Obamas irresponsible loose talk on the campaign trail with comments like "were gonna spread some of that wealth around" doesn't help matters and is seemingly having the effect of empowering those with a criminal mindset.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:41 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,285 times
The law should be hard on both shoplifters like these and some of the rich, powerful people who have helped destroy much of our wealth while getting rich themselves. One is low-level plundering, the other is sophisticated with politicians bought-and-paid for.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:50 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,653 times
I don't think it's Obama personally, that's stupid.

However, Liberals often support criminal activity as being good and justified, so it comes back to ****ty ideas and ****ty morals.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:51 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
More likely, the manager has treated black kids poorly in some way. Maybe it was something trivial, like treating them like they were criminals, so they decided to actually act like criminals.
So its the C-store owners fault this happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies