Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 01:17 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,302,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I agree! What a bunch of animals. I hope they are able to identify many of them from the video and throw their azzes in jail. Make them go through life with a record.
If you watched the video you would know that they did, presumably the ones who were shown stealing.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:39 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,329,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
You are correct. The mentality is that 'their' man is in charge now and he will side with them. They are not as far off base as you may think. Remember the NBP thugs outside the polling place in Philadelphia. They were let off the hook. Remember Obama's knee jerk reaction in taking the side of Gates rather than a law enforcement official in that fiasco.

Whoever that was pounding on you for pointing out this 'Obama Effect' needs to rethink his position.
Typical knee jerk reaction. Pick some events in which the perpetrators have been African American and make a blanket statement about how this is occurring more because our President happens to be Black. What about the White racist events like the Country Club denying access to their swimming pool once they found out the students were Black. Or how about the Justice of the Peace in Louisiana who denied a marriage license to an interracial couple due to racial issues. Are you going to say that more White bigotry is occurring because our President is Black...probably not

Old 10-25-2009, 01:50 PM

737 posts, read 1,178,682 times
I can't believe people are trying to blame the President for this.

As someone else posted: Adolescent Mentality + Gang/Group Think = Stupid Decisions

The blame for this? Who knows since we know nothing about the offenders. Poor parenting, media influence (music, video games, movies, etc), economic situation, peer pressure the list of possible causes is long. Attempting to blame Obama for this is ridiculous and shows the deep-seeded hatred some have for him.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:26 PM

873 posts, read 1,807,425 times
This is clearly a result of slavery. Put the blame where it's obviously due: on the white man!

Old 10-25-2009, 03:27 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,586,557 times
For those who are blaming this on the president, you're beyond ignorant. Go back to school.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:27 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,029,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
I can't believe people are trying to blame the President for this.

As someone else posted: Adolescent Mentality + Gang/Group Think = Stupid Decisions

The blame for this? Who knows since we know nothing about the offenders. Poor parenting, media influence (music, video games, movies, etc), economic situation, peer pressure the list of possible causes is long. Attempting to blame Obama for this is ridiculous and shows the deep-seeded hatred some have for him.
Exactly. And the fact of the matter is, people hide behind the fact there were 60 kids even though this type of thing has happened many times before. The only reason it's getting any sort of commentary at all has to do with the colors of their skin. It's amusing how talented some are in covering up that bigotry with thinly veiled words. Blaming the incident on him, given he wasn't even president when it occurred? And there are people here who persist on blaming such things on him.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:14 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,332,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
For those who are blaming this on the president, you're beyond ignorant. Go back to school.

No, the ignorant ones are those who read that this was the man in the WH's fault.

No one in any post blamed him personally.

Re read and stop taking things out of context.

The great line that Obama does say ALL the time is this

"Now that is not what I meant" - Barrack Obama

We all know it is a part of the bad parenting, kids learning to do things like this from birth, someone always telling them they have to take matters in their own hands ( Sounds like something Rev Wright would be teaching ).

No one can deny that the aggressive behavior from this group of people has not risen since Obama took office. We are seeing more of this radical aggressive behavior for sure. It does not mean that it is Obamas fault they became criminals, but it does lead me to believe that they are doing this knowing that Obama will sit back and do nothing and like someone menitoned before, the criminal thugs outside the pooling place were let off the hook no questions asked when the idiots should have been handled much differently.

Grow up people, Obama is not the leader everyone of his followers believe.

In fact he has divided this country so much and has taken the economy in such a fast downward spiral that it is in fact leading people into doing things like this.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:23 PM

737 posts, read 1,178,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
No, the ignorant ones are those who read that this was the man in the WH's fault.

We all know it is a part of the bad parenting, kids learning to do things like this from birth, someone always telling them they have to take matters in their own hands ( Sounds like something Rev Wright would be teaching ).

No one can deny that the aggressive behavior from this group of people has not risen since Obama took office. We are seeing more of this radical aggressive behavior for sure. It does not mean that it is Obamas fault they became criminals, but it does lead me to believe that they are doing this knowing that Obama will sit back and do nothing and like someone menitoned before, the criminal thugs outside the pooling place were let off the hook no questions asked when the idiots should have been handled much differently.

In fact he has divided this country so much and has taken the economy in such a fast downward spiral that it is in fact leading people into doing things like this.
So you have some evidence to back that up right? A study? A survey? Rise in aggressiveness even if it has occurred may be due to the economic hardship, not the President

Old 10-25-2009, 04:31 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,586,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I guess some people are getting tired of waiting for Obama to deliver their free handouts so they took matters into their own hands.
Quote:

So funny.

They need to wait for their handouts, it takes longer then 10 months to get all those free checks written and mailed. He simply cannot get to all those voters in only 10 months time.

Afterall PAK IS TAN and the Muslim countries that Obama likes will get the first checks from those of us who actually pay taxes.

What is happening is this country is falling apart at the seems, people are losing everything they own and quickly, when you lose 8 million jobs in such as short period and allow unemployment benefits to run out because you do not want them counted is why this is happening.

He promised to help all those poor people, all those who wanted a college education and all those who wont work, well how do you all like the hope and no change now?

So far, he has not even mentioned students, college etc.

People are becoming desperate and students are going hungry waiting for the handout.

Things are worse then people think, since he is controlling what is being told you wont get it all.
Quote:
Exactly what I have been saying all along, Obama makes them feel like they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

Amazing to see that these idiots really believed they could do this.

Lets wait and see if Obama finds a way to protect them.

How can these criminals be students? Guess they had no intentions of getting a degree from the start.
Quote:
Did you see this type of stuff going on before Obama?

Answer is no.

If you cannot see the aggressive behavior of "some" people growing then you need to take off your blinders.

I did not blame him personally, I do blame him for sending out the wrong message causing the aggressive behavior of some.

Hate, there you go again using that word. Stop using your hate excuses, they do not work.

The truth hurts doesn't it?
Quote:
Wow, thanks for the video, so these Obama type of voters have been doing this all along and we did not know about it?

There is nothing cheap about how these kids are acting.

Something is wrong here with you trying to defend them. Maybe they have an issue with parenting and maybe, just maybe your Prez can finally be a real man and speak out like Bill Cosby did ( and of course he was correct ) and stop all of this violence by this certain group of kids.

Come on, they are killing each other in the streets, robbing stores and Obama says not one thing to them.

I thought he was the next great communicator? Guess not.
You have an extremely short memory span.

Quote:

Considering you replied to my post that tells me all I need to know.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:54 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,652,575 times
Quote:
Did you see this type of stuff going on before Obama?
As others have noted, this incident took place at a 7-11 store in Uniondale, New York in June 2008.

As you might care to note, Obama wasn't elected until November 2008, and did not take office until January 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies