Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 05:12 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,037,555 times

Advertisements

karfar, you beat it me to it, because I was just about to bust what Sunny-Days said and his selective viewing of this thread when it's clear and apparent to just about everyone that numerous people are blaming Obama for this. I'd rep you, but it won't let me since I have to "spread it around".

Old 10-25-2009, 05:16 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,603,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
As others have noted, this incident took place at a 7-11 store in Uniondale, New York in June 2008.

As you might care to note, Obama wasn't elected until November 2008, and did not take office until January 2009.
Facts elude those who choose to ignore them. Sad but true.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
karfar, you beat it me to it, because I was just about to bust what Sunny-Days said and his selective viewing of this thread when it's clear and apparent to just about everyone that numerous people are blaming Obama for this. I'd rep you, but it won't let me since I have to "spread it around".
Haha, "selective viewing" is putting it nicely!

Old 10-25-2009, 05:41 PM

937 posts, read 2,840,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Would it be racist to inquire as to the race of the perpetrators? I guess it doesn't matter. Any race is just as likely to do something like this as any other race. Maybe I'll just watch the video but I'll bet it's those Asians again.

- Reel
Well according to past experiences and knowledge, blacks were the most likely to incite a mob riot like that.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:46 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,111,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
This is clearly a result of slavery. Put the blame where it's obviously due: on the white man!

Do you mean to tell us all those thieves were slaves?

Old 10-25-2009, 05:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,724,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
People don't want to admit any of that, because they'd rather sweep any of the facts under the rug and say hugs for thugs is better. It's definitely a problem with the black culture. The successful ones were smart enough to escape it.
Could be due to poverty. Do blacks make up a majority of the poverty in the US ? That seems more logical then genetics and intelligence. If poverty drives more crime and Blacks make up the majority of the poor then the stats would then show that same percentage.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:01 PM

937 posts, read 2,840,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Could be due to poverty. Do blacks make up a majority of the poverty in the US ? That seems more logical then genetics and intelligence. If poverty drives more crime and Blacks make up the majority of the poor then the stats would then show that same percentage.
But why the excuses? If you go that route, what about Asians? Asians come here and start off at the bottom and do JUST fine without causing crime or other issues. If blacks make up a majority of poverty, then its up to THEM to get OUT of poverty, not sit around and wait for hand outs from the government. What about blacks that move into a middle class suburb and commit crime, is it still about poverty? Sorry, I never believed the poverty idea to be the valid "excuse".

Old 10-25-2009, 06:14 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,036,312 times
Now if I owned a 7-11 In a trashy neigborhood I would have a couple of mean nasty dogs and several guns. When these little dirt bags came into my store and tryed this crap I would casually go to the door and lock it. Let the dogs out to have a little fun and see how tough these little brats really are. Because it seems how we are handling youth these days just does not seem to be working.

When I was young we would not even of thought of doing something like that.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Now if I owned a 7-11 In a trashy neigborhood I would have a couple of mean nasty dogs and several guns. When these little dirt bags came into my store and tryed this crap I would casually go to the door and lock it. Let the dogs out to have a little fun and see how tough these little brats really are. Because it seems how we are handling youth these days just does not seem to be working.

When I was young we would not even of thought of doing something like that.
I would not have dogs because I'd be afraid of the dogs being killed or hurt. Probably wouldn't own a gun either simply because I don't like guns. I would however make it where people would have to ring a bell before they would be let in, plus I'd have bullet-proof glass surrounding the check-out area. And of course I'd have the police on speed-dial. And security cameras.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:39 PM

402 posts, read 536,434 times
lord...why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies