Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:09 PM

403 posts, read 1,580,983 times

Advertisements

I saw on the news early this morning that Obama's stimulus plan has "saved" and/or "created" almost 1 million jobs.

This number sounds a bit high, in my opinion.

But what exactly does saved or created mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 10:06 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
I saw on the news early this morning that Obama's stimulus plan has "saved" and/or "created" almost 1 million jobs.

It "saved"....(i.e.....rescued from the depths of Hell).....some jobs, somewhere.
Probably not in America.
"Created"......?
NOTHING in my neighborhood, that I can see.
WHERE'S that OBAM-A-MONEY!!????
Stim -U-LATER?
Stim...u-late....US?
Stimulating themselves.....yep, that's it!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:13 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Economists have models that say how many people are put to work for a certain amount of spending. The models are fairly accurate.

They say saved OR created because they can't say how much of each happens. It's a mix of the two.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:17 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
What are the current unemployment figures? How many people have given up looking for a job? It's all BS, that's all it is.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:

I believe that all the created jobs have been government jobs. Actually the government can't create any other kind of jobs.

You have to accept the definitions of Rahm and Gibbs to see what they mean by created or saved.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:58 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,232 times
Earlier today I went out and bought some stuff at the store. Guess what, I just saved a 1,000 jobs!!!

Woot, go me!!! And before you go off on me saying prove it, I challenge you to disprove my statement. And before you get all worked up, you can't, which is why you will here the president's administration always pull out the saved jobs number, because you can't prove a saved job one way or the other.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:37 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I believe that all the created jobs have been government jobs. Actually the government can't create any other kind of jobs.

You have to accept the definitions of Rahm and Gibbs to see what they mean by created or saved.
Rahm is hot so I bow down at the altar of Rahm, for real. I mean it.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:43 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Can't the Government create jobs by lowering taxes and minimum wage?

Old 10-31-2009, 01:39 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:

I spent over 2 hours searching the site for the jobs saved, created, at www.recovery.gov This is a prime example of the BS that we are being fed by our government. If anyone believes this garbage they deserve what they are getting. I am sorry but if this were a private venture they would now face charges in federal court for running a Ponzi scheme.

People, you need to wake up before it is too late. Drop your partisan BS and stop acting like blind sheep. Take back your government or suffer the consequences.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:43 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
It "saved"....(i.e.....rescued from the depths of Hell).....some jobs, somewhere.
Probably not in America.
"Created"......?
NOTHING in my neighborhood, that I can see.
WHERE'S that OBAM-A-MONEY!!????
Stim -U-LATER?
Stim...u-late....US?
Stimulating themselves.....yep, that's it!
I agree wholeheartedly, somebody is being stimulated but the results definitely are not jobs. This is a farce.

This would be funny if it was not so damn scary. People actually are falling for this? So much for the intelligence or lack there of in the American voter. Why do we bother to educate our children if this is the reults we get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies