Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 06:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Way to go, right wing media....
Right wing media? The first 15 seconds of the "youtube" video stated a news story that militias were forming.. It appears to be true but do you think the whole video is on FOX and they are encouraging said actions? How about the CNN news clip then? Are you claiming they also are right wing? Seriously, did you even watch the video and seen it was a breakup of numerous news stories and videos with some additional home made ones added?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Defenders of the Constitution? Hardly. Destroyers is more like it. I see it's all white men. Just got a black president and suddenly we need an armed "uprising" to defend the constitution. Hah! Just more angry white idiot racists masquerading as patriotism; pure KKK stuff.
Never fear, we'll find someone to come along and pretend this is all about racism. Right.. it has absolutely nothing with the Congress tearing up the Constitution to do whatever they want, its all about that "black man".

Do you mind pointing out what the guy in the video said that was "racist"?

Old 10-31-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It'll be so interesting to see you backpeddle when some of these loonies blow up a Federal Building
If these people blew up a Federal Building, they might one day qualify to be president. (ask Obamas' buddy).. Until that time they have broken no laws and have done nothing wrong. Liberals always proclaim the 2nd amendment pertains to militias so this group is creating one said militias.

Sorry but you cant condem someone for what you are afraid they might do.

And you guys call conservatives paranoid..

Old 10-31-2009, 07:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Right wing media? The first 15 seconds of the "youtube" video stated a news story that militias were forming.. It appears to be true but do you think the whole video is on FOX and they are encouraging said actions? How about the CNN news clip then? Are you claiming they also are right wing? Seriously, did you even watch the video and seen it was a breakup of numerous news stories and videos with some additional home made ones added?

"What hath the right wing media wrought." Thought it was obvious.

If this is just a parody video with teenagers pretending to be crazy militia types, then all right, that's pretty funny. But if they're serious, then they were absolutely influenced by the right wing hysteria-media to have come to this point, in which case I have to say again, way to go RWM.

Last edited by delusianne; 10-31-2009 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: further explaining so cant possibly be misunderstood this time.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:25 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Never fear, we'll find someone to come along and pretend this is all about racism. Right.. it has absolutely nothing with the Congress tearing up the Constitution to do whatever they want, its all about that "black man".

Do you mind pointing out what the guy in the video said that was "racist"?
It IS all about the racism, the one issue that has divided this country for over 200 years and continues to divide us. Deny it all you want, but I grew up with racism in the 1950's and I know it when I see and hear it. Get a black guy in the white house and the current idiot governor of TX talks about seceding. In this video we see morons waving guns and mouthing stupid remarks about defending the constitution; a bit late for that, the Bush/Cheney/Rove crime syndicate already trashed it and your civil liberties.

That video reminds me of the stock footage we've seen for 8 years, the ones from Al Queda training camps of goons swinging from monkey bars and jumping up out of holes in the ground and of Bin Laden holding his assault weapon. Goons. One and all.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
It IS all about the racism, the one issue that has divided this country for over 200 years and continues to divide us. Deny it all you want, but I grew up with racism in the 1950's and I know it when I see and hear it.

That video reminds me of the stock footage we've seen for 8 years, the ones from Al Queda training camps of goons swinging from monkey bars and jumping up out of holes in the ground and of Bin Laden holding his assault weapon. Goons. One and all.
In my earlier post I was going to say "crazy terrorist camp types" but didnt want to read "Huh! Those arent terrorists, they're PATRIOTS!"

Old 10-31-2009, 07:32 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Straight up liberalism, I tell you! Just call me Garafalo.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:32 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Quote:
In my earlier post I was going to say "crazy terrorist camp types" but didnt want to read "Huh! Those arent terrorists, they're PATRIOTS!"
Yep. One man's patriot is another man's terrorist. Like that old saying goes, "where you stand depends upon where you sit." If you sit in a bar in redneck territory and drink yourself silly while extolling the virtues of the newest types of deadly ammo then you're a patriot, if you sit in a cave in BFE simmering over western meddling in your nation (as we did in Iran for years) then you're a terrorist. .... Where you stand depends on where you sit.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:35 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
It is so pathetic to see people on the left depict anyone who does not support Obama as a racist or a phony patriot.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:

"What hath the right wing media wrought." Thought it was obvious.

If this is just a parody video with teenagers pretending to be crazy militia types, then all right, that's pretty funny. But if they're serious, then they were absolutely influenced by the right wing hysteria-media to have come to this point, in which case I have to say again, way to go RWM.
Whats so obvious is that you looked at 15 seconds of the video and then went off on some "right wing media" attack without having a clue what you are talking about..

You can continue to attack the RWM all you want but that does mean in fact that you have to ignore the CNN parts of the clip which also said THE SAME THING..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies