Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:42 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The other inhabitants of the galaxies are laughing at us. They can't wait for us to grow up and rejoin them. Yes, the issue facing us is THAT important.
Would you care to elaborate and tell us all exactly how you came by this important information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 08:36 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,954,360 times
Quote:
Following what this video proposes is the surest way to certain death. Those "in charge" WANT you to gather up your arms because you will be the first targets. And you will have given up your life for something that never existed in the first place. All that love of glory and flag-wrapped patriotism will do you absolutely nothing when you're dead.

Every historical form of resistance will fail. Every one of them. So standing around in army khakis and learning how to shoot an AK-47 will only result in more bloodshed, more orphans, more fear. It will only ADD to the problem that exists. Playing sweeping emotional music in the background (a subtle rape for the weak of mind) does not help either. The battle ahead may be for your very soul. Why hand it to them on a platter?

Own up to your part in the creation of the current reality and work towards creating an alternative. This is the time for a qualitative and quantitative leap in consciousness. You can either use the wholly unsuccessful and counterproductive methods of the past to effectively hit the restart button, or you can resolve to no longer play this stupid circular game. Are you a victim or a victimizer? Either way, you are responsible for the reality you encounter. You can't have one without the other.

Find the way out. The other inhabitants of the galaxies are laughing at us. They can't wait for us to grow up and rejoin them. Yes, the issue facing us is THAT important.
"Other inhabitants of the galaxies are laughing at us?"

I'm sorry, but for you to know such info. must mean that you are a victim.....of an alien abduction or your just not of this Earth.
On top of that.....you say that there are even MORE aliens laughing at us and they don't live south of the border but far out in the galaxies.
Do they "visit" us illegally for the purpose of a "better life" here......or, are their planets lacking stable employment too?
Trekky...or ?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:51 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Whatever happened to freedom of speech... as well as the freedom to gather and meet? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you can ban it... unless you are liberal...

Old 11-02-2009, 01:37 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
"Other inhabitants of the galaxies are laughing at us?"

I'm sorry, but for you to know such info. must mean that you are a victim.....of an alien abduction or your just not of this Earth.
On top of that.....you say that there are even MORE aliens laughing at us and they don't live south of the border but far out in the galaxies.
Do they "visit" us illegally for the purpose of a "better life" here......or, are their planets lacking stable employment too?
Trekky...or ?
Yes, my comment was sure to enlist deriders but it should not detract from the message. Sorry some of you can't think grander than a planetary level, but the victim/victimizer mentality is the primary reason why we sense (wrongly) that we are alone here. Our violent tendencies, or more precisely, our belief that we are victimized by others without any role in the creation of our situation, is something we need to abandon. If all you can do is laugh and ignore the rest of my earlier post, then there's no need for me to continue.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Would you care to elaborate and tell us all exactly how you came by this important information?
Not particularly since most people will not be able to relate. Next time, however, I'll be more careful and withhold any reference to things that people care not to believe.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:16 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,623 times
Quote:
Not particularly since most people will not be able to relate. Next time, however, I'll be more careful and withhold any reference to things that people care not to believe.
I'm open to any argument that can be backed up with real data. I don't believe in gods, ghosts, or anything that can't be proven. I'm sure you would say I'm close-minded but the opposite is true. If you are willing to accept a premise on nothing more than blind faith while refusing to accept fact, by definition it would be you with the closed mind

I think the odds of alien life in the vast universe pretty high but I'm having trouble seeing any species rising to the top of the food chain by being benevolent. Any aliens visiting would very likely be at least as aggressive as we are and more than likely would be coming here because they wanted something. Since we lack the capability of traveling to the stars at this time, that would put us at odds with an aggressive species at the very least several thousand years ahead of us. Until we have some really advanced weaponry, I'd just as soon not be in any rush to join the galactic community.

So, why do you say these members of the galactic community are laughing at us? What is the source of this information?

Old 11-02-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I'm open to any argument that can be backed up with real data. I don't believe in gods, ghosts, or anything that can't be proven. I'm sure you would say I'm close-minded but the opposite is true. If you are willing to accept a premise on nothing more than blind faith while refusing to accept fact, by definition it would be you with the closed mind

I think the odds of alien life in the vast universe pretty high but I'm having trouble seeing any species rising to the top of the food chain by being benevolent. Any aliens visiting would very likely be at least as aggressive as we are and more than likely would be coming here because they wanted something. Since we lack the capability of traveling to the stars at this time, that would put us at odds with an aggressive species at the very least several thousand years ahead of us. Until we have some really advanced weaponry, I'd just as soon not be in any rush to join the galactic community.

So, why do you say these members of the galactic community are laughing at us? What is the source of this information?
At no point did I suggest anything resembling closed-mindedness. That didn't enter into my thoughts at all. But I do understand that many people will not believe something without facts, as I often insist upon for most things that are readily perceivable. I cannot prove that I have left my body because I don't have anything tangible, but I will regard it as fact nevertheless since it is based on my experience. Rather than divert the thread into discussions of life in the universe, I'd rather focus on the penchant mankind has for being violent. But first, in your post above, I find it interesting that your view of alien life is that it would be aggressive and have malicious intentions.

The apparent duality of aggression and benevolence is at the heart of the issue when discussing our insistence that we humans are either victims or victors. We don't pause long enough in our whirlwind of emotions to realize that every situation we encounter is our own creation. If one feels the need to keep a weapon, one will create a situation where one will use it. If one hates certain groups of people, one will find oneself encountering them at every turn. From my understanding such circumstances are born out of the Law of Attraction. If one thinks that arming oneself to the teeth to stave off the New World Order is the best course of action, then one's expectations of that New World Order will come to fruition. If one realized that the mere preparation for certain scenarios actually helps to manifest them, why would people choose to create such horror?

I do not believe--and I cannot prove--that the universe is a random place. We are individual co-creators of a reality with powers that we refuse to accept. The main problem as I see it is that we are so unwilling to accept our responsibility in creating what we experience that we are more satisfied faulting others for our problems. We'd rather wear the banner of victim than actually take the bull by the horns and create what we really want.

But what do we really want? You paint alien species as aggressive. Is that how you would want them to be? I think each of us needs to ask ourselves, how much of what we want is based on manufactured lies (aka "history")? How much of our own thoughts are our own? If this world sucks, and I think most of us would agree that it does, WHY does it? Who benefits from this? Is someone or something deliberately skewing our reality for their benefit? If we truly accepted our role in creating this world, this human condition, would we continue to do the same thing, or would we try something entirely different?

It is my belief that the violence of the past solved absolutely nothing. If humanity cannot reclaim the power it already has to create everything around it, then it will spiral onward in vicious circles, failing to learn a most important lesson.

Opposing a war is just as bad as supporting it because you're still focusing on the war. Redirect energy to something else and watch how the current reality fades away due to lack of support. Fighting is not the way to change reality. Withdraw your conscious support (your energy in any of its myriad forms) from the things you despise and redirect it to the things you love. Everything is energy and each of us, as a co-creator, should learn how to use it and know that it is there to be used. I'm simply applying these truths (from my perspective) to the problem at hand. Hopefully, I'm getting through to someone.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:57 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quantum physics. And there are millions of people across the globe who still have hope, have dreams to fulfill, and want to help make the world a better environment for our descendents. Progress has been made, simply with President Obama's election. Positive energy will carry us through, and those who are so paranoid today will trickle away from these groups as time passes and the country continues, one day at a time, with none of their fears coming to fruition. Their compounds or camps will create new jobs as they become paintball parks or firing ranges.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:05 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,632,523 times
Even though they sound like extremist, they are still protected under the 1st amendment...FREEDOM OF SPEECH!! I find it humorous when Bush was in office, left wingers were spouting off hateful stuff about him all the time and it was A-OK, yet when some right wingers do it now with Obama as POTUS its suddenly hate mongering, racist, politically incorrect, etc. Hypocrisy at it's finest!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 11:09 PM

277 posts, read 368,891 times
Why? They sound like a bunch of in breeders to me. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies