Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 02:28 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,044 times

Advertisements

you got a smile, and thumbs up to boot!

but of course, you totally miss it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Wow, not cool, not cool at all. Me thinks someone takes themselves waaaaay too seriously. Smile once in a while. Sheesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 02:34 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,415,683 times
Quote:
Marriage is not a "right" and no laws were made banning anyone. Laws were made upholding and avowing that marriage is between one man and one woman.
Marriage is indeed a right, a Civil Right.

See the ruling of Loving vs Virginia.

And those laws you speak of above do indeed ban certain people from marrying consenting adults of their choice, ie gays.

As we heteroes would anturally choose from the pool of opposite genered consenting adults to marry, gays, by their nature, would choose from the pool of same-gendered consenting adults.

Gays are indeed discriminated against, discriminated against in a Nation that supposedly prides herself on Equality and Rights.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:34 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh, I don't believe you were the one I was speaking to.
But you didn't deny what I posted!

Old 11-05-2009, 02:36 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
But you didn't deny what I posted!
Why would I answer to you when you're not the person I'm looking for an answer from? Bye.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:39 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Why would I answer to you when you're not the person I'm looking for an answer from? Bye.
Lol. Looks like my post was accurate!

Old 11-05-2009, 02:41 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Lol. Looks like my post was accurate!
ok

Old 11-05-2009, 02:43 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Oh, I don't believe you were the one I was speaking to.
Since you are on a public board, anyone can answer the question. Besides, it isn't hard to figure out.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:46 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,705,450 times
Quote:
Vey late last night AUM informed me that in all of the states that allow gay marriage, it was due to judicial activism and not the will of the people via a vote. In fact, in two states, California and Maine, both liberal states, the people overturned the judges wishes and declared that marriage is between a man and a woman.

Often times, those that support gay marriage point to Canada, Belgium, Sweden, etc where gay marriage is legal. My question is; does anyone know if it was made legal in these places by the will of the people via a vote, or by judicial activism like the states here? Thanks
Yes, and does anyone know if slavery was allowed to be voted on? Or how about a womans right to vote? How about abortion? What about taxing the church? Affirmative Action? Quota systems? Enforcing Immigration laws? Or even better, the same kind of activism to curb immigration, especially since we have lost more than 5 million jobs in the last year?--we shouldn't be allowing more people to immigrate when we don't have any jobs. What about the rights of convicted fellons? -And many of these are actually "privileges" not to be confused with a civil right.

The truth of the matter is same sex marriage is a simple matter of equality. Marraige is currently not an option for people who are homosexual. People who are homosexual, collectively pay more taxes than straight people who enjoy a joint tax return. The surviving spouse of a retired spouse is allowed to receive the pension or soc security of the deceased spouse. The taxes gays pay invest in the children produced by heterosexuals.

What this is really about is hate. When these people think about same sex marriage, they can't help but think of sex. And they don't like that.

Young people overwhelmingly support equal rights, so as they get older, and they vote, this type of hateful discrimination will come to an end. And won't that pi$$ off all those biggots!

Old 11-05-2009, 02:48 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,714,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Yes, and does anyone know if slavery was allowed to be voted on? Or how about a womans right to vote? How about abortion? What about taxing the church? Affirmative Action? Enforcing Immigration laws? Or even better, the same kind of activism to curb immigration, especially since we have lost more than 4.2 million jobs since Obama has become president? What about the rights of convicted fellons? And many of these are actually "privileges" not to be confused with a civil right.

The truth of the matter is same sex marriage is a simple matter of equality. Marraige is currently not an option for people who are homosexual. People who are homosexual, collectively pay more taxes than straight people who enjoy a joint tax return. The surviving spouse of a retired spouse is allowed to receive the pension or soc security of the deceased spouse. The taxes gays pay invest in the children produced by heterosexuals.

What this is really about is hate. When these people think about same sex marriage, they can't help but think of sex. And they don't like that.

Young people overwhelmingly support equal rights, so as they get older, and they vote, this type of hateful discrimination will come to an end. And won't that pi$$ off all those biggots!
This mantra is quickly becoming akin to the leftist who cried wolf. I don't hate you, I think what you do is gross and utterly repulsive, but I don't hate you. I don't even know you.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Maine Gay Marriage Law Defeated by Vote - Civil Rights - Law and Daily Life

Quote:
The states of Iowa, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire have all legalized same-sex marriage. However, all have done so with either court rulings or legislation versus a popular vote. Meanwhile, there are 30 states who have banned gay marriage via ballot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies