Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 11:45 PM

433 posts, read 261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and just HOW would you PAY for it?????

even France is going BROKE on their health care system....the spent 200 billion to cover 65 million (their population)

a single payer system in america would cost between 2 trillion to 4 trillion EACH YEAR

so again, just how would you pay for it??

medicaid is a single payer

look at 'medicaid' the government single payer system (not medicare for the elderly),,,.....
1. currently there are about 30 million people on medicaid which is a single payer system,,.....
2. the cost for FY08 (FY09 just finished) was 250 BILLION.......to cover about 10% of the population.............
How much would that cost for the entire 320 million in our popuation,,,about 3 TRILLION PER YEAR (give or take a half a trillion)(THAT'S MORE THAN THE INTAKE THE GOVERNMENT HAS RIGHT NOW),,,,.....based on the TAX RECEIPTS from the IRS, there were 105 million tax returns (1040/a/ez) last year (of those about 40% were zero tax, some even got more back than they paid in)..............so go to the handy-dandy calculator and take 3 trillion and divide by 100 million..........you get 30,000 PER TAXPAYER PER YEAR,,that's more than a lot of people make..........can YOU afford that????

we cant AFFORD a single payer system.....infact if you look at most coutries with a NHC they are in the RED (going bankrupt)

its NOT free,,,some how or another the money has to come from somewhere,,,it doesn’t grow on trees

70 % are in favor???? according to whom???? do those supposed 70% even realize the cost???? do they understand the FACT that we have a doctor/nurse shortage in america???? do they understand any of that, or is it some BS poll???

blah blah blah blah blah Do you ever read a response? your same question has been answered 3 times.

Do you know how much a racoon eats everyday? just thought maybe we could change it up since this is getting very repetitive from you. Please read the previous response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
pay less???? are you smoking a bong??

for the TAXPAYER the cost would be double what they pay for insurance

singlepayer wont lower any costs...it wont make a MRI or a MRI MACHINE any cheaper

Double the cost really? how the hell would that even make sense. Insurance companies make billions of dollars every year, sh#t every quarter they do. But we eliminate that and it costs more. Oh yes I get it

Old 11-12-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
while some people might use the incorrect terms like 'handout' the FACT is a single payer system would cost the TAXPAYER (about 105 million according to the IRS) double what they pay for insurance now

sorry but I cant afford to have a single payer system,,it would put me on the street....

is that what you want,,,,housands more homeless, just for a crappy government single payer health system.....sorry but singlepayer healthcare would KILL the middleclass

105 million is double what we pay insurance companies?????????? Than how did one insurance company report profits of 435 billion? I can't wait to hear this explanation.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Then why are more doctors dropping medicare patients ?
Because of smaller and smaller reimbursements.

When Doctors Opt Out - WSJ.com

greed

Old 11-13-2009, 04:35 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer222 View Post
Shore baby that is not true. I have seen polls saying over 70% would be in favor of a single payer system. The rest of the world had it. Including Iraq and Afghanistan and we implemented it.
Link

Old 11-13-2009, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Seems to me alot of people on here try to twist and turn words and put words in other peoples mouths. Is that some sort of conservative technique that gets taught by Rush and Sean? you all are like smaller versions.
Another one who refuses to engage on the arguments presented. I know why but I think it is both funny and sad.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:41 AM

Quote:
you do know that anyone who wants to can post on wikipedia right. I can go on there right now and post that Michael Jackson was the 22nd president If i Wanted to.......
Sure do, I also know it is very accurate.

Reliability of Wikipedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"An investigation reported in the journal Nature in 2005 suggested that for scientific articles Wikipedia came close to the level of accuracy of Encyclopædia Britannica and had a similar rate of "serious errors."[3] These claims have been disputed by Encyclopædia Britannica.[4]"

Very sad another favorite tactic of the intellectually weak. Attack the source rather than present competing data.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
and you are not due the right to live??
That is kind of weird, you need food to live and shelter but are those things which you feel entitled to take from someone else?

Old 11-13-2009, 04:46 AM

955 posts, read 2,157,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post

The right of healthcare is currently denied to 45 million Americans by insurance companies.
Do people really believe that everyone who does not have healthcare, including illegals if you use the 45 million number, have been denied by insurance companies? How have they been denied. Have they tried to get insurance? Have they taken the first step?

Old 11-13-2009, 04:47 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
greed

Do ther appliance repairemn act out of greedor is the UAW driving up vehicle cost beyond the average person greed;rae people who want other to pay for their living gredy?I thnik not because people don't have to pay them anyhting or do business with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies