Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 06:04 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Why do you right wingers worry about any debt?
According to the right wingers we are living in the End Times. The Rapture is near! Jesus will return any day now. That means no future generations. No debt for future generations to pay.
The main thing is to "get right" with Jesus.
May God Ble$$ You!
Enough really have you seen the debt. Its time that childishness stops we all get it republicans added a lot to the debt

Its time to get democrats to agree it must stop and lets do what we gotta do to bring that down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 06:06 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Nope. Bush AND Obama. Our so called leaders.
Thats right it is both but now its time for democrats to realize this has to stop and it starts with their healthcare bill.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:07 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
No words ????

I can think of several:

When Bush took office in Jan 2001 ... National Debt was 5.7 TRILLION

When Bush left office in Jan 2009 ... National Debt was 10.6 TRILLION

So we've now reached 12 TRILLION after Bush left our nation in it's worst recession since the Great Depression?

A recession so bad, it caused the next president to loan out nearly ONE TRILLION in stimulus funds just to keep our economy from entering a COMPLETE GLOBAL MELTDOWN!

And you are surprised ???

Yes ... the endless gifts of the Bush Administration just keep rolling along ....
This isn't a contest on which president incurred the most debt. Grow up and stop playing the blame game between Obama and Bush.

The sad thing is our national debt is this high and we still implement new policies (bailouts, health care, etc) that is going to run it up even more. We, as a country, should not spend any more money than we recieve in a given year until our national debt is completely paid down. If that means not bailing out companies, or not implementing national health care, then so be it.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
The Republicans, starting with Ronnie Raygun, replaced a "tax and spend" policy, funded with a progressive income tax, with a "borrow and spend" funded with a regressive income tax. The Republicans figured that their rich constituents should lend their ill gotten gains to the government instead of having to pay taxes. What do you expect from conservatives that never want to pay any taxes but are more than willing to make huge profits supply the empire's wars? These people believe that the only wealth redistribution should be from the poor to the rich, i.e. themselves. As they, principally through a corrupt campaign system, effectively own the government, we are getting what they want and not what the other 95% of us need.

I believe we should return to the tax structure of the 1950s prorated for inflation. My tax proposals are based on a deductable that relieves the lower 85% of the population from Federal income taxes.

As far as the debt is concerned; if we don't want to pay enough taxes to operate the country within its means and I get something of value like medical care and social security I do not care how big the debt becomes. I have no intention of paying back my share before or after I die of old age. I, as a citizen not represented in Congress, am not responsible for any debts but my own.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
The money that Obama is spending is to CLEAN UP the mess left by Bush.

Always keep THAT in mind !!!
Clean up the mess? Obama has had 10 months already and he's only continued it all. He's even trying to rebuild the housing bubble.

Well -- Both Bernanke and Obama declared the recession over a couple months ago. The Bush recession ended, but now we're getting well into the Obama economy.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:26 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Republicans, starting with Ronnie Raygun, replaced a "tax and spend" policy, funded with a progressive income tax, with a "borrow and spend" funded with a regressive income tax. The Republicans figured that their rich constituents should lend their ill gotten gains to the government instead of having to pay taxes. What do you expect from conservatives that never want to pay any taxes but are more than willing to make huge profits supply the empire's wars? These people believe that the only wealth redistribution should be from the poor to the rich, i.e. themselves. As they, principally through a corrupt campaign system, effectively own the government, we are getting what they want and not what the other 95% of us need.

I believe we should return to the tax structure of the 1950s prorated for inflation. My tax proposals are based on a deductable that relieves the lower 85% of the population from Federal income taxes.

As far as the debt is concerned; if we don't want to pay enough taxes to operate the country within its means and I get something of value like medical care and social security I do not care how big the debt becomes. I have no intention of paying back my share before or after I die of old age. I, as a citizen not represented in Congress, am not responsible for any debts but my own.
So you don't care about the burden you will help put in place for future generations?

I am 23, and I really hate people like you who are screwing my generation over with this kind of attitude.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Plenty of folks were worried about it last year with that bailout bill under Bush. The Dems, including Obama, voted FOR it.

Does an unpayable debt not worry the Dems ?
Only when there's a Republican president. Now the Dems insist that there cannot be too much debt, they see no problem at all with it this high and they'll insist that no matter how much Obama spends, there will be no problem. The dems also see no problem with rising unemployment because they know Obama and Pelosi will keep extending unemployment benefits, and so they see no reason to worry about unemployment.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
The sad thing is our national debt is this high and we still implement new policies (bailouts, health care, etc) that is going to run it up even more. .
Actually the HC bill is designen to reduce it.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:33 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
The money that Obama is spending is to CLEAN UP the mess left by Bush.

Always keep THAT in mind !!!

Read the above statement again. Here is a little hint- to clean up the debt (call it Bush's if that makes you feel better), you need to radically CUT SPENDING. Increased spending only compounds the problem. As our spender in chief seems to have no intentions of cutting spending (when we are currently broke), it insures disaster. A blind man can see what is coming, but unfortunately a blind man can see farther than Obama.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually the HC bill is designen to reduce it.
No it's not. There is no way you can promise free health care for all including 40 million illegals and soon to be more and unlimited free health care for all and cut the costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies