Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 06:02 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
People are just flocking to her like......sheep!
Yeah, kind of like the floppy eared president we currently have. She didn't even promise them a free car, gas and more welfare like Obama to get elected.

He's really delivering on his no more taxes & lies program like promised.

Obama is already a lame duck. Now we get to see all the new front runners emerge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 06:05 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogemania View Post
Was it past the time allotment? It was 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and the line was going pretty fast in Washington, PA, and we were told they were only going to band the first 1,000 to be assured of getting in. There were many many times more than that showed up later. I was one of the lucky ones (I camped there all night). I met someone in the parking lot who missed the boat. He offered me $100.00 for my autographed copy (this is the truth, my husband and daughter were witnesses), because he wanted it so badly. I declined. My husband teased me about the shopping I could have done, but I did not care. I waited in the freezing cold and I will not part with it. I will treasure it forever. You cannot blame Sarah if more people showed up than expected, and she was only allotted so much time. At least she was gracious to apologize. Would B.O. have done as much? By the way, she is more beautiful than imaginable. TV does not do her justice. She is petite and delicate, with porcelain features. Why are the liberals so afraid of her?
Why are you so fond of her?

Old 11-21-2009, 06:05 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Well then, I suggest you convey this information to the Alaska Division of Wildlife Conservation. They estimate that 1000's of moose and caribou have been saved by these predator hunts.
Apparently you chose not to read the article at the link I provided. And suddenly you believe governments make good decisions, not political ones. Nature intended those animals to eat the moose and caribou. Any "saving" that was done was so that men could shoot them.

Quote:
We have similar hunts here in AZ - although not on the same scale as Alaska - where bounties are offered by the Arizona Game and Fish for Coyote kills.
You have ranches in Arizona. There are no ranches where these hunts are being done.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:11 PM

153 posts, read 238,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Are you seriously calling Sarah Palin "beautiful" & "intelligent" & "accomplished"....what has she accomplished? Since when is quitting her office as governor an accomplishment?

Beauty, of course, is in the eye of the beholder but she looks like the average soccer mom....nothing special.

And intelligent!? No comment needed on that one

The Right really is desperate if they are hanging on to Sarah Palin like she's the Virgin Mary.

I've seen her in person. I stood in the freezing cold for 7 hours to do so, and I would again. She is drop dead gorgeous outside, and is beautiful inside. Her smile was like sunshine, even after the 200th book signing. My husband saw her enter the building with Trig. He could tell how incredibly Sarah loves that child, we both would too, because WE have a disabled child, who was disabled by an automobile accident, not at birth, but it is still the same. I've read her book. She is intelligent, believe me, in more than book learning but in life experiences. She's had a child die in utero. So have I. The description in her book describes what exactly happened to us 21 years ago and my feelings about it. She described it to a T. That makes TWO things I have in common with Sarah. They had to remove it via D & C, exactly like an abortion. She knows what it is all about and it expalins her pro-life views. You just cannot learn this kind of stuff in an elite law school. That explains her ideas on pro-life and it makes us sisters. Have you read her book before you made your judgments?

She put herself through college gutting fish. Cutting roe out of salmon.

Barack Obama is gutting the country.

Need I say more?

Last edited by stoogemania; 11-21-2009 at 06:28 PM..

Old 11-21-2009, 06:16 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Was it past the time allotment? It was 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and the line was going pretty fast in Washington, PA, and we were told they were only going to band the first 1,000 to be assured of getting in. There were many many times more than that showed up later. I was one of the lucky ones (I camped there all night). I met someone in the parking lot who missed the boat. He offered me $100.00 for my autographed copy (this is the truth, my husband and daughter were witnesses), because he wanted it so badly. I declined. My husband teased me about the shopping I could have done, but I did not care. I waited in the freezing cold and I will not part with it. I will treasure it forever. You cannot blame Sarah if more people showed up than expected, and she was only allotted so much time. At least she was gracious to apologize. Would B.O. have done as much? By the way, she is more beautiful than imaginable. TV does not do her justice. She is petite and delicate, with porcelain features. Why are the liberals so afraid of her?
Poor old Abe Lincoln wouldn't stand a chance with today's star struck, judge people by their looks, celebrity star search mentality.

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
I've seen her in person. I stood in the freezing cold for 7 hours to do so, and I would again. She is drop dead gorgeous outside, and is beautiful inside. Her smile was like sunshine, even after the 200th book signing. Trig was with her. You can tell how incredibly she loves that child. I've read her book. She is intelligent, believe me. She's had a child die in utero. So have I. That explains her ideas on pro-life and it makes us sisters. Have you read her book before you made your judgments?

Barach Obama is gutting the country.

Need I say more?
Just curious - why would one have to read her book to make a judgment about her? We saw her through the campaign, in her efforts to keep the media focused on her after the campaign, and when she walked away from her job.

I'm not trying to be mean, but there's really not a lot to respect about her. I'm sure she's nice and caring and passionate, but so are a lot of suburban mothers who I wouldn't trust to run the world.

While it's admirable for anyone to work through and pay for college, a LOT of people do crappy work to do it. They still don't go to 6 of them for an undergrad degree in a pretty basic field.

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Here's a fun game: insert the words "Miley Cyrus" in every time Sanrene wrote "Sarah Palin". Eerie how accurate the parallels are to an empty teen pop star and someone trying, in vein, to be taken seriously on an international political platform.

They're going to have to make more room on Rushmore for all these tabloid stars.
Yes, and just think about how many of the RWs complained about Obama's "rock star" status! Now they have their own little rock star, and they're going crazy over her. Oh, well, we knew they were just jealous of Obama!

Old 11-21-2009, 06:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
I've seen her in person. I stood in the freezing cold for 7 hours to do so, and I would again. She is drop dead gorgeous outside, and is beautiful inside. Her smile was like sunshine, even after the 200th book signing. My husband saw her enter the building with Trig. He could tell how incredibly Sarah loves that child, we both would too, because WE have a disabled child. I've read her book. She is intelligent, believe me. She's had a child die in utero. So have we. That makes TWO things I have in common with Sarah. That explains her ideas on pro-life and it makes us sisters. Have you read her book before you made your judgments?

Barack Obama is gutting the country.

Need I say more?
I thought she won a beauty contest to pay for college. Her family was middle class, her dad was a teacher. Don't let her fool you with this "rags to riches" crap.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:21 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Poor old Abe Lincoln wouldn't stand a chance with today's star struck, judge people by their looks, celebrity star search mentality.
Yeah that and the whole trail of tears thing. But whatever.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:21 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, and just think about how many of the RWs complained about Obama's "rock star" status! Now they have their own little rock star, and they're going crazy over her. Oh, well, we knew they were just jealous of Obama!
That's a good point. All they did was mock Obama for being popular and for not having a lot of experience.

I just don't see how they don't see the hypocrisy in their values. I guess it's just empty political one-upmanship. Silly partisan games.

It's seriously not about her politics - they're pretty run of the mill social conservative (though she enacted several policies in Alaska that Obama has promoted nationally, but no one ever seemed to notice).

What bothers people is her hate-speech. Her divisive worldview of deeming certain Americans "true" and others "false".

It takes a very undeveloped mind to stoop to such bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies