Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 09:07 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,122,073 times

Advertisements

When any president fails in hurts our country. How could you love our country and wish for the failure of the president. I was certainly not a Bush fan but I prayed for him and his success. Likewise I had lunch Saturday with a group of friends of mine who all happen to be Republicans and they prayed for Obama's success and for God to give him safety and guidance. It is the lunatic fringe on both sides that is dragging our country down. We who are rational and love our country on both sides of the aisle must continue to pray and to make our voices of reason loud enough to be heard over the voices of the haters.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:10 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
You have to be sick to quote that in reference to anybody
Verse 109 is completely about cursing and damning "the wicked and the deceitful" (Psalm 109:2)
Funny that Psalm 109:16 clearly describes republicans.

Psalm 109 - Passage*Lookup - King James Version - BibleGateway.com

1Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;
2For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
3They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.
4For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.
5And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.
6Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.
7When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.
8Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
9Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
10Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
11Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
12Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
13Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
14Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
15Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.
16Because that he remembered not to show mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.
Excellent, excellent post. It tells it like it really is. Thanks!

Old 11-23-2009, 09:12 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,586,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
When any president fails in hurts our country. How could you love our country and wish for the failure of the president. I was certainly not a Bush fan but I prayed for him and his success. Likewise I had lunch Saturday with a group of friends of mine who all happen to be Republicans and they prayed for Obama's success and for God to give him safety and guidance. It is the lunatic fringe on both sides that is dragging our country down. We who are rational and love our country on both sides of the aisle must continue to pray and to make our voices of reason loud enough to be heard over the voices of the haters.
Agreed. As I said in the OP, when liberals did it to Bush, it was wrong. And now conservatives justify doing this because liberals did it.

Two wrongs do not make a right here.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,006,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
After reading some posts on this forum, I truly worry about the safety of our president.

I hope he receives wisdom and guidance. I send him and his family well wishes and sincerely hope that he is protected from the scum who wish cancer on him (on the forum today) and death upon him as well.

I don't understand the hate from the right. I can understand not agreeing with him but why wish death upon him? He has two daughters and a wife. What would his children and wife go through?

I would never wish death upon McCain/Bush/Palin. The liberals and who did wish that upon them were WRONG. And the conservatives who are saying this now are WRONG.

Please free to send your well wishes or prayers to our President.

If you are a hater or a person who wants President Obama dead, please refrain from posting.
Gosh, these sentiments would have been so appreciated during bush's time, when people were threatening his life, calling him a murderer, a nazi, a killer on a daily basis. I think much worse things were "wished" upon Bush.

You reap what you sow...and the Left sowed a lot of hate for 8 years.

Where is the post, so I can read it for myself instead of believing your interpretation?

Quote:
when liberals did it to Bush, it was wrong.
Did you say so at the time? Show me.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:18 PM

40,967 posts, read 49,283,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Good post. Being from Dallas (and today is Nov 23) we are reminded daily of the 40 some odd years ago of the death of JFK. I was a kid but will never forget the grief of the nation.

Whether it's Bush, Obama, left or right this should never happen again and most Americans would never wish this on the nation. Yet we all know it just takes 1 crazy person.

I had forgotten this is the anniversary of JFK's assassination. Kind of an appropriate topic.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Gosh, these sentiments would have been so appreciated during bush's time, when people were threatening his life, calling him a murderer, a nazi, a killer on a daily basis. I think much worse things were "wished" upon Bush.

You reap what you sow...and the Left sowed a lot of hate for 8 years.
Sanrene,

For the last time, DID YOU EVEN READ MY OP? I HAVE STATED IT WAS WRONG OF THE LIBERALS DO THAT.

Jesus Christ. I wonder how some of you even passed 5th grade.

I seem more Christian than you. I would never want any more hate unlike you.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,927,778 times
Dear Heavenly Father,

Please Bless us with the will and the way to get out of this recession.

Please Bless Obama to find a great solution to straighten out healthcare, help small businesses

whom many are going under, bless the the smart people with finding a better way to rid our debt,

bless the ones who control the rules of the credit card holders to stop putting dumb fees on us,

Bless people with good jobs or keep the jobs they have.Heavenly father above all....Bless us every

single person....with patience...forgivness...love....and Hope.

In Jesus's name ....Amen.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:26 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,122,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Good post. Being from Dallas (and today is Nov 23) we are reminded daily of the 40 some odd years ago of the death of JFK. I was a kid but will never forget the grief of the nation.

Whether it's Bush, Obama, left or right this should never happen again and most Americans would never wish this on the nation. Yet we all know it just takes 1 crazy person.

I had forgotten this is the anniversary of JFK's assassination. Kind of an appropriate topic.

I was a young wife and mother on that horrible day and every single moment of it will be burned into my mind until the day I die. I find it hard to believe that anyone who was alive and old enough to know what happened on that day could ever, ever, ever wish that on this country again.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Dear Heavenly Father,

Please Bless us with the will and the way to get out of this recession.

Please Bless Obama to find a great solution to straighten out healthcare, help small businesses

whom many are going under, bless the the smart people with finding a better way to rid our debt,

bless the ones who control the rules of the credit card holders to stop putting dumb fees on us,

Bless people with good jobs or keep the jobs they have.Heavenly father above all....Bless us every

single person....with patience...forgivness...love....and Hope.

In Jesus's name ....Amen.
Plus ONE.

Thank you. This Agnostic leaning Atheist person is very grateful for your prayers.

I am going through a personal spiritual search...I want to find God. I want to believe...

Old 11-23-2009, 09:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,927,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Plus ONE.

Thank you. This Agnostic leaning Atheist person is very grateful for your prayers.

I am going through a personal spiritual search...I want to find God. I want to believe...
I hear ya...I am an ex C.C.D teacher for a Catholic church. I stopped going to church for awhile...but it doesn't mean I don't believe...just remember for every heartship...there is a miracle behind it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies