Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 08:16 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Not true but I don't expect you to be the expert on Christianity anyhow.

Certainly true in my experience, since I am a Catholic, but not a practicing one lately.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Zhou(Shanghai, China View Post
Obama's China visit last week is very successful, we young people gave him warmest welcome. not only for his policy good for China, but for his personal charm! just best wishes for him!
Oh yeah, very successful.

They embarrassed him with that ridiculous TH that they refused to air, that ridiculous presser insisting no questions be taken and then;

He came away with nothing but a t-shirt.

Don't take my word for it, read it here;

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...asia-trip.html

Old 11-24-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yes, not all religious people on the right are nuts. Some of them are.

Some people on the left are crazy and some are not.

It is up to us to defend ourselves from the hardcore ones.
Exactly. There is nothing more hardcore than wishing death on a president.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:26 AM

366 posts, read 297,368 times
Quote:
After reading some posts on this forum, I truly worry about the safety of our president.

I hope he receives wisdom and guidance. I send him and his family well wishes and sincerely hope that he is protected from the scum who wish cancer on him (on the forum today) and death upon him as well.

I don't understand the hate from the right. I can understand not agreeing with him but why wish death upon him? He has two daughters and a wife. What would his children and wife go through?

I would never wish death upon McCain/Bush/Palin. The liberals and who did wish that upon them were WRONG. And the conservatives who are saying this now are WRONG.

Please free to send your well wishes or prayers to our President.

If you are a hater or a person who wants President Obama dead, please refrain from posting.
I pray for our President and his family on a daily basis. I can disagree with his policies and such but I will NEVER wish him or his family harm.

Personally, I think he is a really good man. If I were to meet him in person I would give him a big giant hug. He and I disagree politically but I will never wish ill will upon him or his family.

Quite the opposite, I only wish the best for him, our First Lady, and their two lovely daughters.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
It was earlier today. Two or three posters (even conservatives ones) called the poster out on it.

I would tell you but I do not think we are not allowed to discuss other users like that. But here is the link: http://www.city-data.com/forum/11743913-post58.html

It just makes me sick. I don't agree with Bush and what he did but to wish cancer upon him? NEVER.

Here here friend. Any rational person shouldn't wish such a thing on our leader.

Our President is OUR PRESIDENT, regardless if some of us voted for him or not.

God Bless our President. And if you are an atheist, may Mother Nature bless him.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Hmmm...The psalm reads, “Let his days be few; and let another take his office.”

Do you know how to read? Are you disabled? Do you have a hard time comprehending things? Did you even read the OP?

Just as I expected from the right.
Don't think all of us from the right think the same Liberalvoice. I've read that psalm and I hate that someone would use that against our President.

Most of us on the right are pretty clear thinkers and don't fit into the mindset of killers.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
After reading some posts on this forum, I truly worry about the safety of our president.

I hope he receives wisdom and guidance. I send him and his family well wishes and sincerely hope that he is protected from the scum who wish cancer on him (on the forum today) and death upon him as well.

I don't understand the hate from the right. I can understand not agreeing with him but why wish death upon him? He has two daughters and a wife. What would his children and wife go through?

I would never wish death upon McCain/Bush/Palin. The liberals and who did wish that upon them were WRONG. And the conservatives who are saying this now are WRONG.

Please free to send your well wishes or prayers to our President.

If you are a hater or a person who wants President Obama dead, please refrain from posting.
would you stop blaming the right for everythinga and put the blame where it belongs, with the loonies out there. Those on the right do not hope for any harm to come to the President or his family anymore than those on the left wanted to see McCain drop dead or Bush die. Of course there are those who probably did wish that but they are true haters, not all the left wingers.

let is rest for heaven's sake!!!

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 11-24-2009 at 08:52 AM..

Old 11-24-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
It was earlier today. Two or three posters (even conservatives ones) called the poster out on it.

I would tell you but I do not think we are not allowed to discuss other users like that. But here is the link: http://www.city-data.com/forum/11743913-post58.html

It just makes me sick. I don't agree with Bush and what he did but to wish cancer upon him? NEVER.
So you are talking about maybe, one poster or two at the most and grouping all conservatives as haters. I rarely agree with much you have to say but usually respect your views. This particular post, I believe you are trying to stir the pot...

Nita

Old 11-24-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Zhou(Shanghai, China View Post
Obama's China visit last week is very successful, we young people gave him warmest welcome. not only for his policy good for China, but for his personal charm! just best wishes for him!
Personal Charm should not have anything to do with how successful he is as a President. That is how he got elected. I hope, from now on we all think a little deeper on who and why we are voting one way or the other.

Our President isn't supposed to be a rock star...

Nita

Old 11-24-2009, 08:47 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other. Living one day at a time, Enjoying one moment at a time, Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, Taking, as Jesus did, This sinful world as it is, Not as I would have it, Trusting that You will make all things right, If I surrender to Your will, So that I may be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with You forever in the next. Amen.
Serenity Prayer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies