Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 02:41 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Cop out. Can't back up your claims, as usual.

You see, only the most deluded of obamatrons would consider the issues of taxes, spending, Fed expansion, debt, wars, scandals, lies, bogus claims ...garbage. These are all issues of the day.

Just admit it - vile attacks=any criticism and exposure of obama's failures.

Stop playing games.
So anyone who disagrees with you is automatically labeled an "Obamatron"? I never voted for the guy and do not agree with much of the democratic platform. I have openly criticized much of the liberal positions and a quick glance through my posting history would confirm all I what I just stated.

Despite all that, I will call out foul when I see it coming from the right. Unfortunately, many right wingers here on CD would rather see Obama fail than to pray for him to have wisdom and safety. Like it or not, Obama is the president of the US and I'll support him. If I disagree with his policies (which I do), I would much prefer to spend my time praying that God will provide him with wisdom versus wasting countless hours on CD whining and complaining about him. So many on the right is so obsessed and consumed with hatred towards Obama that they are giving the rest of us on the right a bad repution.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:44 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I am not religious and do not see Palin as a "RN". Not sure I'd ever vote for her but she seems to be a fairly grounded, family person from small town US.

Her politics are not the same but her background is very similar to Bill Clinton.

Obama is not a Crazy Left winger, just the opposite. He is a very sharp, sly left winger. I just have never seen an honest politician from Chicago and question his honesty. The lack of trust in Obama is where many moderates have a problem.

I do believe he has looked us in the eye and told his lies just like Clinton when he said he did not have sex with that woman.
Obama is actually pretty moderate! Certainly not a far left person.

So you are going to distrust Obama simply because he is from Chicago, and not look to Obama's own actions and words to make that determination?

Old 11-24-2009, 02:46 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
So anyone who disagrees with you is automatically labeled an "Obamatron"? I never voted for the guy and do not agree with much of the democratic platform. I have openly criticized much of the liberal positions and a quick glance through my posting history would confirm all I what I just stated.

Despite all that, I will call out foul when I see it coming from the right. Unfortunately, many right wingers here on CD would rather see Obama fail than to pray for him to have wisdom and safety. Like it or not, Obama is the president of the US and I'll support him. If I disagree with his policies (which I do), I would much prefer to spend my time praying that God will provide him with wisdom versus wasting countless hours on CD whining and complaining about him. So many on the right is so obsessed and consumed with hatred towards Obama that they are giving the rest of us on the right a bad repution.
I too can confirm that you are a conservative. Remember when we first posted to each other? Man oh man. How much we argued? Now, we can talk about issues and agree to disagree. I like that and I thank you once again for helping me see the true roots of Christianity and giving me a better idea of who Jesus Christ was/is.

There is a different between a Chatteress conservative and a Sanrene conservative. Just because Chatteress is not going around screaming her head off does not mean she is not a right winger.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:50 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What his two daughters would experience in his absence would be a small slice of the humble pie children in the hardest hit areas of the economy are now enduring because the nearly trillion dollars in borrowed "stimulus" money was diverted to Democrat allies and corporations that know how to return a favor. See all over places like Michigan, Arizona, Nevada and Rhode Island parents are unable to provide for their children in the way they would like. This is due in no part to their own doing. They didn't sign GLBA or repeal Glass-Steigall. They didn't look the other way while the GSEs turned out trillions in toxic assets under the protection of Democrats in Congress to include BO. Today those parents are scaling back Christmas and canceling vacations. Other are losing their homes. I know a young lady with two girls maybe a few years younger than BO's. She lives with her mother and daughters in a flea-bag weekly motel since they lost their house two years ago. She is unable to find a better job than the cashier position she presently has because there simply aren't jobs here. If you look through the account of these spent funds on Recovery.gov you'll see little if any of that money being spent to help people like her. So you'll please excuse me now while I spit the vomit out of my mouth that's been there since I read your comments about the poor Obama girls.
Seriously? You're serious....are you actually being serious? That's hilarious! So having a parent die is nothing compared to having an out-of-work parent. Not only that, but you're pinning the blame of this catastrophic event of a jobless parent on the current president. Again, hilarious! I actually feel sorry for you...I wonder what all those people out there who have lost parents would say about your little epiphany about losing a parent. Somehow I think you wouldn't be standing.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Not at all. You claimed I have engaged in vile attacks against him. I asked you to supply just one example to back up that claim. That is usually the excuse of the obamatrons in dismissing any and all criticism of obama...nothing but vile attacks, they say. The issues confronting this country and his position on those issues do not qualify as "vile attacks".

Quote:
I would much prefer to spend my time praying that God will provide him with wisdom versus wasting countless hours on CD whining and complaining about him.
Instead, you spend your time whining and complaining about those posters who bring up his policies, lies, distortions, scandal, spending and more lies.

Okey-dokey.

Quote:
So many on the right is so obsessed and consumed with hatred towards Obama that they are giving the rest of us on the right a bad repution.
Again with the "hate" card. You would deem any criticism and in-depth analysis of his policies, failures, lies and scandal as "hate".

Sorry, that just doesn't fly anymore.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Thank you much.

Thank you. I remember you. Free food! Yay!

Thank you so much. I have since grown and see things in a different light. Thank you for your well wishes and I will reply to your PM
Isn't this what you're really after? Little platitudes and acknowledgment of your "alleged" epiphany?

Quote:
I hope that vomit tasted good in your mouth.
Slipping back into your old ways I see, and so soon. Not very gracious or "spiritual" of you.

Quote:
I thank the conservatives and liberals who have stood up for me so far. I thank people who have DMed me about my personal quest to find God and telling me not mind what is being written here. I thank you all for your advice. I actually got many so it will take some time to reply.
I love how the declaration of "all those private DM's" bolster your sense of "goodness"

I got some DM as well, for speaking truth to hypocrisy.

Quote:
I love how you are the only conservative and follower of Christ who is harping on this. It really helps add more to my perspective.
I'm not a follower of Jesus, sorry. You see, I have also had an epiphany just recently about the Catholic church and their teachings.

Quote:
As I said, even if I had posted in my OP, you still would have come attacking me like I am a worthless dog.
I am not attacking you. I am reminding you of your words, then and now, and how you should look before you leap when condemning another poster for what you yourself have said.

Think of it as a spiritual lesson, one you will get from no where else.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:04 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
After reading some posts on this forum, I truly worry about the safety of our president.

I hope he receives wisdom and guidance. I send him and his family well wishes and sincerely hope that he is protected from the scum who wish cancer on him (on the forum today) and death upon him as well.

I don't understand the hate from the right. I can understand not agreeing with him but why wish death upon him? He has two daughters and a wife. What would his children and wife go through?

I would never wish death upon McCain/Bush/Palin. The liberals and who did wish that upon them were WRONG. And the conservatives who are saying this now are WRONG.

Please free to send your well wishes or prayers to our President.

If you are a hater or a person who wants President Obama dead, please refrain from posting.
If someone has the time I'd bet you could find more that one posting by some liberal wishing Bush was dead...here on CD...

Old 11-24-2009, 03:14 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Not at all. You claimed I have engaged in vile attacks against him. I asked you to supply just one example to back up that claim. That is usually the excuse of the obamatrons in dismissing any and all criticism of obama...nothing but vile attacks, they say. The issues confronting this country and his position on those issues do not qualify as "vile attacks".

Instead, you spend your time whining and complaining about those posters who bring up his policies, lies, distortions, scandal, spending and more lies.

Okey-dokey.

Again with the "hate" card. You would deem any criticism and in-depth analysis of his policies, failures, lies and scandal as "hate".

Sorry, that just doesn't fly anymore.
Let me supply you with one vile attack on Obama, Sanrene:

"1/20/09 Destruction of US - Proceeding as planned."

Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 PM

What do you mean? That prediction is playing out, right before your very eyes.

You think that's "vile"?

Please, how absurd.

I'm sure you've scoured my threads by now, is that all you have?

Old 11-24-2009, 03:21 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,968 times
LOL, sanrene you are just getting OWNED in this thread....and you can't even see it either. Man, this thread is beyond fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies